Media M95 Media: Giving the Dragons a Home

Remove this Banner Ad

Unbelievable. Thoughts Chipmunk ?
Yeah, he is the bloke that got caught with pot on a plane right?
He probably did other stuff too...

I joke of course, anyone who has punched on with Ian Chappell is a friend of mine.
Oh that Botham? I thought it was a soccer player. Only thing worse than soccer actors is soccer fans

Oh that Botham? I thought it was a soccer player. Only thing worse than soccer actors is soccer fans
I am genuinely confused as to what you are alluding to with this statement but I am feeling generous today so have given it a like.

I am genuinely confused as to what you are alluding to with this statement but I am feeling generous today so have given it a like.
it is a reference to Soccer players "staging" I believe.

guy ritchie film GIF

5Lt56a2.png

Banner and images done by tony

An old club. A proud club. A club rich with history of absorbing other clubs, take-overs, red head gifs and being propped up by failed expansion. The Dragons FFC originated in S05 as the Southern Sharks and then on as the Southern Dragons and finally as the Dragons FFC, a club we banter with and tolerate to this day. The Dragons have always been a club that are just around. Not a foundation club like the Demons or Wonders. Haven't had the premiership success of the Furies. Not a basket case like the former Hawks, Wolves, Swamprats or Bears teams gone by. 3 flags in nearly 30 seasons, no Mobbs medalists since S10 and their most well known player is known as "the guy that does the ladder".

So why is it? Is it inadequate leadership? Historically past captains of the Dragons have gone on to be admins and others well known members of the Sweet FA community. Is it branding? No cause dragons are classic mythological creatures.

latest

Pictured: The Blue-Eyes White Dragon. A powerful engine of destruction.

It's because the Dragons are homeless.

The Swamprats have Sin City. The Demons have Mount Buller. The Dragons though, they are alone. Doomed to be wondering the land of Sweet with the likes of the Furies and Roys.

You might claim Dragon Island but there is a better island. The young, great place called the British Isles.

The British Dragons? The England Dragons? Highlander Dragons? Nah. None of them work. The Dragons are a cog of the SFA. Whilst not as relevant as some but are important.

There is a town in England. A town in North Lincolnshire. A town that produces the most steel in the UK.

Ladies, gentlemen and that technicolor rainbow in between I present to you:

The Scunthrope Dragons.
9BKq0wE.png

You spelt it wrong in the OP 🤦🏻‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back