FTA-TV Mad Men

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched the first episode of this show and then never watched anymore. Didn't really like it but I'm almost out of shows to watch.

Any can offer a quick spoiler free run down on whether or not I should start onto this next?

I watched the first episode of this show and then never watched anymore. Didn't really like it but I'm almost out of shows to watch.

Any can offer a quick spoiler free run down on whether or not I should start onto this next?
Yes you should. Give it a longer shot than 1 episode, it's a grower that appears to move slowly at times. One of the best TV shows of all time.

Yes you should. Give it a longer shot than 1 episode, it's a grower that appears to move slowly at times. One of the best TV shows of all time.

I've never heard anything bad about it. Which is a good sign. I think what happened when I first watch was that I had another show to watch as well which hooked me from the start.

Creeps up on you and then pow...addicted and 2am finishes...same happened when I watched BB and SOA.

What I always tell people before they begin Mad Men is you need to focus on whats not being said. Particularly in the first season.

My interest drops rapidly once Dons not involved

Roger and Peggy are the exceptions, Peggy because you can see she is just turning into Don and well Rogers Roger. As for Betty and her husband, I'm just totally indifferent to them

Poor Stan he will cop it if Heinz go to Peggys new place, the lack of Rodger was sad this week. Jon Hamm has directed a few good episodes but today was not one of his best ones. the Pete storyline is old its like they are turning him into Don but he is still a dick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not really turning into Don though, is he? He is trying his hardest to, but he just doesn't have it. I can't surely be the one that gets some perverse joy in seeing everything go wrong for Pete. So I quite enjoyed Don screwing up his pitch.

The interesting thing for me is that when Trudy told him to get a city apartment in the last season, I assumed she was just being naive. But that is obviously not the case.

"I don't care what you want anymore, this is how it's going to work. You will be here only when I tell you to be here. I'm drawing a 50 mile radius around this house and if you so much as open your fly to urinate I will destroy you."

i love you Trudy/Alison

My interest drops rapidly once Dons not involved

Roger and Peggy are the exceptions, Peggy because you can see she is just turning into Don and well Rogers Roger. As for Betty and her husband, I'm just totally indifferent to them

I really like Betty's new husband. He is one of the most sensible characters on the show, even if he's boring as ****. :)

Pete is such a slimey piece of shit. It was very gratifying to see Trudy telling him to **** off.

Dick Whitman flashbacks, I always enjoy those. And his new mistress is totally annoying. More work Don, less home Don.

Nothing ever works out for Pete. Hope this doesn't mean less of Trudy now.

Not sure where Sylvia ranks in terms of Don's muses (likeability). Was a fan of Dr. Faye.

Joan's takedown on that Jaguar ****er was lovely.

1968 was the year!

Turbulence and the show is reflecting it this Season.

And I was born that year.....which if Don was real, would make him probably close to 85 years of age...but most likely dead from lung cancer.

Actually, anyone picking up on Doctor mate's references to Don's smoking....wonder if its a sign?

I have it in a holy trinity with Thrones and Boardwalk

Watch it.

This season is a slow burner though.

Can anybody answer, in the scene after Rogers mothers funeral where he is sitting talking to his daughter, what the hell is in the jar to his left on the couch when she gets up to leave?

It looks like a jar of piss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back