News Maddy Prespakis and Georgia Gee request trade to Essendon & other possible player movements

Remove this Banner Ad

NOOOOOOOO not Nicola

* off St Kilda! :rage:

ST KILDA is eyeing a move for experienced Carlton forward Nicola Stevens, as the club continues to search for ways to add more experience and talent into its youthful side ahead of next season.
Womens.afl understands Stevens has met with the Saints and is currently weighing up their interest.

Young midfielder Grace Egan is another expected to depart Ikon Park in the next month, with a host of interstate sides – including expansion team Sydney – all in the market for the talented 21-year-old onballer.

Is there a compensation for us losing all these players??

Apparently, clubs can lose 4 players to expansion teams before they get compensated for any others. Ideally, it is Prespakis we wanted the compo for but she was first to go.

Anybody that goes to a non-expansion side, a trade has to be organised.

I like Stevens but she is 29. If anybody was to be stolen, that is the age bracket we'd be hoping for.

The ages of the players we've lost recently (at time of trade)

Bri - 25
Sarah - 24
Jess - 25
Tayla - 23
Maddy - 23
Gee - 23

Compare to the players traded in.

O'Dea - 29
Dal Pos - 29
Guerin - 20

Losing Stevens isn't as big a blow, simply because her best is behind her.

The ages of the players we've lost recently (at time of trade)

Bri - 25
Sarah - 24
Jess - 25
Tayla - 23
Maddy - 23
Gee - 23

Compare to the players traded in.

O'Dea - 29
Dal Pos - 29
Guerin - 20

Losing Stevens isn't as big a blow, simply because her best is behind her.
Hammans 20

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah Teen Wolf, i'm leaning to your way of thinking
forcing a high draft pick to the Blues isn't as far fetched as i originally thought

in the EFC press release, it says Gee & Prepakis have "committed" to signing, but not actually signed
also "The club will now work with Prespakis and Gee along with the AFL and their management to facilitate the request at the appropriate time, noting the AFLW Sign and Trade Period is yet to be confirmed by the AFL."

your Conti comparison is spot on, Richmond conveniently got No 1 pick which went to Dogs
interesting coincidence

This is a great observation and one I hadn't considered. If we have 5 leave to expansion clubs, we make sure the 5th is Prespakis and we at least get the 1 or 2 pick in Victoria. Having said that, do we want to lose another 3 players to get that pick?

How good is the talent at the top end of the draft this year?

This is a great observation and one I hadn't considered. If we have 5 leave to expansion clubs, we make sure the 5th is Prespakis and we at least get the 1 or 2 pick in Victoria. Having said that, do we want to lose another 3 players to get that pick?

the top 4 are elite, easily Prespakis level
Charlotte Baskaran Westerrn Jets 162cm Mid
Jasmine Fleming Oakleigh Chargers 165cm Mid
Montana Ham Western Jets 178cm Mid
Amber Clarke Dandenong Stingrays 169cm Mid

Montana Ham is the ball winning beast that i'd want for my team

if you could get a pick for one of these players, it would lessen the blow of losing Prespakis & Gee nicely
the AFL should manufacture something to get you one of these players, fingers crossed for your club

like Teen Wolf posted there hasn't been someone of Prespakis's calibre leave to a expansion club before
league B&F, AA, 3 X club B&F, the drug taking filth should be made to pay up, Dodoro can go * himself

Last edited:
Apparently, clubs can lose 4 players to expansion teams before they get compensated for any others. Ideally, it is Prespakis we wanted the compo for but she was first to go.

Anybody that goes to a non-expansion side, a trade has to be organised.

I like Stevens but she is 29. If anybody was to be stolen, that is the age bracket we'd be hoping for.

Ideally, it is Prespakis we wanted the compo for but she was first to go.
Prepakis and Gee haven't signed yet, they have only "commited" to signing, Toogood as well
that's the big difference ATM, there's no ink on paper

the filthy scums press release
"The club will now work with Prespakis and Gee along with the AFL and their management to facilitate the request at the appropriate time, noting the AFLW Sign and Trade Period is yet to be confirmed by the AFL."

Free agency period hasn't been confirmed yet by the AFL, so no AFLW player can be signed
players that have nominated for the draft before and are undrafted can be signed straight away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back