Making their Mark -

Woutizmoo

Team Captain
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Fair bit of Torrent chat going on earlier -
I was a heavy torrenter back in the day, then started paying for things, and like most people now getting annoyed that there is like 10+ streaming services with 1 show worth watching.
Are torrenters these days still using a VPN? Was chatting with a guy last week about how he doesn't bother with VPN anymore because the illegal downloading problem has been effectively solved with streaming services and that authorities don't really care about the small portion of people who are still torrenting
anyone back this up or still VPN all the way?

Schmedit

Debutant
Jun 17, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Fair bit of Torrent chat going on earlier -
I was a heavy torrenter back in the day, then started paying for things, and like most people now getting annoyed that there is like 10+ streaming services with 1 show worth watching.
Are torrenters these days still using a VPN? Was chatting with a guy last week about how he doesn't bother with VPN anymore because the illegal downloading problem has been effectively solved with streaming services and that authorities don't really care about the small portion of people who are still torrenting
anyone back this up or still VPN all the way?

VPN and Netflix, if I can't find what I want on any countries Netflix then it's the seven seas.

Call me China because I don't like paying for things that can be recreated in 1s and 0s.

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
VPN and Netflix, if I can't find what I want on any countries Netflix then it's the seven seas.

Call me China because I don't like paying for things that can be recreated in 1s and 0s.

Yeah but calling you chinese also means you kill more civilians than the entire rest of the world combined each year and are currently committing genocide through a combination of work camps, killings and mass sterilisations of uyghur muslims.

That and trade tariffs, repeated breaks in international trade and movement rules, build up of military installations on man made islands of disputed atolls. Where does it stop?

Last edited:

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Call that ^ post the Chen Sheng Wu Guang Uprising of 3rd century B.C. China, because that escalated quickly

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I just watched episode 5 where they have footage of Simmo talking to the players. He makes the point to them that they are known as one of the fittest teams that can run out quarters and score in red time (I am paraphrasing, but that was his point). Made me think of yesterday's game and how we ground them down in the end. I think the short quarters really took away one of our advantages last year.

Another interesting quote was from Coniglio saying West Coast at home is the hardest game to win. Interesting comment considering they were flogged at the MCG by Richmond in the GF

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I just watched episode 5 where they have footage of Simmo talking to the players. He makes the point to them that they are known as one of the fittest teams that can run out quarters and score in red time (I am paraphrasing, but that was his point). Made me think of yesterday's game and how we ground them down in the end. I think the short quarters really took away one of our advantages last year.

Another interesting quote was from Coniglio saying West Coast at home is the hardest game to win. Interesting comment considering they were flogged at the MCG by Richmond in the GF

Yeah, I thought that was really interesting. No doubt we won the GF in red time. I saw a stat that said we had a red time score of 4.1 to 0.1 for Collingwood in red time.

Cogs is completely obsessed with West Coast. He also gave a GWS rev up speech (the Essendon game) where he drew on inspiration from a game he saw once of a tremendous comeback and was using that story to marshall his troops. The game was West Coast v Geelong 2006 at Kardinia Park. It struck me as odd that he would pull from our history to inspire his team mates to get over the line.

If he loves us that much, he should have just exercised his RFA as we were really into him in and were close to getting him.

JohnW

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I hope we got in cogs ear. Playing for that a grade peanut would force anyone back to Perth.

Cogs needds to leave the leadership books alone and just play and be a jet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
Bet no one knows what board the attachment came from.....
IMG_20210322_205759.jpg

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Yeah but calling you chinese also means you kill more civilians than the entire rest of the world combined each year and are currently committing genocide through a combination of work camps, killings and mass sterilisations of uyghur muslims.

That and trade tariffs, repeated breaks in international trade and movement rules, build up of military installations on man made islands of disputed atolls. Where does it stop?
And don't forget helping the Burmese Military overthrow the government and murder 100's of innocent civilians including children and pregnant women.
But hey U.N.S.C , NATO, and the general international community don't want to know about it.

Back