Conspiracy Theory Mandates, Lockdowns, Covid-19, SARS-Cov-2 Thread - Get vaccinated.

About Covid vaccines only: your opinion on mandates?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ignoring your lame ad-homs that wouldn't even unnerve a 5 year old:

We're in an observational phase. These vaccines have been given to millions of people over the last year.

They are the most monitored and tested vaccines in history.

All we have left is the very very rare life-threatening adverse reactions.

You are HUNDREDS OF TIMES MORE LIKELY to die from Covid than from a vaccine.

In Australia you are 70 TIMES more likely to die in a car crash each year than from a Covid vaccine.

Generally politicians are making noises about "everyone is going to get Covid eventually".

The VAST majority of people in hospital are not vaccinated.

It's a safe and effective vaccine for the population that is taking it.

It's OK to give it to kids as long as the data shows it's safe for them.

So you're in fact against giving the covid vaxx to children then, because as of yet there is no data to prove it's safe.

So you're in fact against giving the covid vaxx to children then, because as of yet there is no data to prove it's safe.
Do I have to do the Googling to show you either way? Or are you just making this claim off the top of your head?

Took me like 30 seconds:

A new formulation of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine (Comirnaty) has been provisionally approved for use in children aged 5-11 years by the Therapeutic Goods Administration. This approval is based on the results of a recent clinical trial demonstrating that the vaccine is highly effective and that most side effects are mild and transient. ATAGI notes that real-world evidence on the safety of this vaccine in children aged 5-11 years is rapidly accumulating overseas, including data on the low rate of rare adverse events following immunisation, notably myocarditis, which the clinical trial was insufficiently powered to assess. The recommended dose for this age group is 10µg (0.2mL), a third of the recommended 30µg dose for people aged ≥12 years.

Get your kids vaccinated according to the guidelines.

On the bolded, we obviously take a very different reading. It shows as was said, the original trials were not enough to assess the rate of rare adverse events, but now they are getting the jabs into kids, they are rapidly acruing more data. Myocarditis as an ok consequence even if rare for some, for you because why? when kids aren't at risk from covid anyway.

CDC Director Walensky says, on boosters for under 16, she is hoping to hear from FDA in "days to weeks ahead."

I have no intention of spending six years at Uni, and ten in medical practice, so I can argue with my doctor about ‘best practice’.

I take my car to the mechanic to be serviced, answer any questions and then piss off and leave him to it.

Is it the same Walensky that in March said we can see the end bc vaccinated people don’t carry the virus and don’t get sick?

Last edited:
On the bolded, we obviously take a very different reading. It shows as was said, the original trials were not enough to assess the rate of rare adverse events, but now they are getting the jabs into kids, they are rapidly acruing more data. Myocarditis as an ok consequence even if rare for some, for you because why? when kids aren't at risk from covid anyway.

Of course kids are at risk from covid, they can get very sick. Why would you want to put your kid through it especially now when it's been acknowledged that we're all going to catch it? If they get a vaccine reaction to a small piece of spike, imagine what being exposed to the whole virus might do.

If I was raising kids again and alone, I wouldn't think twice now about having them vaccinated and minimising the risk. If they brought the virus home to me and I end up sick or in the hospital, who's going to take care of them and put food on the table? If you tell me that kids don't pass it on, I'll tell you you're wrong because the evidence of that is here in Australia in the Bondi outbreak.

page1image685408448 page1image685455024 page1image685591072
Factsheet: COVID-19 and children How common is COVID-19 in children?

In Australia, the number of cases of COVID-19 in children is low. Only 4.5% of cases have been in school aged children (between five and 17 years). This figure was 2.2% in early June, 2020. The increase is mostly because of more testing and recently recorded cases in Victoria.

How does COVID-19 affect children?

The virus can infect children, however, they are less likely to have symptoms. Their symptoms are milder and they are less likely to develop severe illness. Children dying from COVID-19 is rare.

Do children spread the virus?

Children, especially younger ones, appear less likely to spread the virus among themselves and to adults. Most children become infected through contact with an infected adult member of their household. While children can have COVID-19, rates of spread of COVID-19 in schools are very low. Outbreaks in schools are rare.

What are the symptoms of COVID-19 in children?

The most common symptoms of COVID-19 in children are cough, fever, runny nose and gastrointestinal symptoms.

The above is a copy and paste from an Australian Govt site. Why you'd be scared of your child catching it and giving it to you when you're vaxxed I've got no idea. Your position seems fear based to me. Mind you, I'm not surprised we've now got two moderators pushing for vaxxing little kids.

The above is a copy and paste from an Australian Govt site. Why you'd be scared of your child catching it and giving it to you when you're vaxxed I've got no idea. Your position seems fear based to me. Mind you, I'm not surprised we've now got two moderators pushing for vaxxing little kids.

Calling people who aren't afraid of the vaccines scared, isn't working any more. Most of us are aware it's said to either exploit vulnerable men in an appeal to their masculinity which is disgraceful, or it's a projection of own needle fears.

If the health advice is good to vaccinate kids, then there's no issue with me.

when kids aren't at risk from covid anyway.
They are at risk. The risk is not 0.

The people in their house, their visiting rellies, they are at risk.

Update your mental model. You still seem stuck on what we knew 18 months ago.

Calling people who aren't afraid of the vaccines scared, isn't working any more. Most of us are aware it's said to either exploit vulnerable men in an appeal to their masculinity which is disgraceful, or it's a projection of own needle fears.

I wasn't referring to being scared of needles. I was querying why a vaccinated adult would be scared of catching covid from a child within the context of the govt information I posted. Re the other, what! you think I'm some bad arsed woman here to exploit the vulnerable male ego. I wouldn't waste my time.

Laughable. Basically an admission then, that the vaccines don't work.

You don't know what we know anymore as you no longer have access to what we continue to research and add to our store of information.

Just saw a tweet saying “Both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated can catch Covid-19.”

A doctor responded: “Both Serena Williams and I can play tennis."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't referring to being scared of needles. I was querying why a vaccinated adult would be scared of catching covid from a child within the context of the govt information I posted. Re the other, what! you think I'm some bad arsed woman here to exploit the vulnerable male ego. I wouldn't waste my time.

Catching covid off one of your kids is just one reason to have everybody up with their vaccines, it isn't the only reason why people choose to have their kids vaccinated but on a personal level, I prefer to mind my own business.

You might be one of the unintentional bad arses ..

Of course kids are at risk from covid, they can get very sick. Why would you want to put your kid through it especially now when it's been acknowledged that we're all going to catch it? If they get a vaccine reaction to a small piece of spike, imagine what being exposed to the whole virus might do.
Which marvel said this? Unbelievable that you’re taking it as gospel, and also unbelievable that you think even if everyone did get it, it would be a big deal. What’s the survival rate again? Average age of death from covid?

And what exactly have we learnt in 18 months about kids and covid that we didn’t know then?

And what exactly have we learnt in 18 months about kids and covid that we didn’t know then?
Kids can catch it. Kids can pass it on. Enough unvaccinated kids can brew up a new variant.

Which marvel said this? Unbelievable that you’re taking it as gospel, and also unbelievable that you think even if everyone did get it, it would be a big deal. What’s the survival rate again? Average age of death from covid?

You laugh at the thought of some kids getting really sick, losing their sense of smell and taste, vomiting for days with savage temperatures and swollen necks where they can't even speak? You think it's funny? Or you think it's a lie because you refuse to accept information that conflicts with your idea of the way you want things to be?

You laugh at the thought of some kids getting really sick, losing their sense of smell and taste, vomiting for days with savage temperatures and swollen necks where they can't even speak? You think it's funny? Or you think it's a lie because you refuse to accept information that conflicts with your idea of the way you want things to be?
Rewind, where did I laugh at kids getting sick? Not sure where I said that? And talk about laying it on thick wow! Kids getting sick from covid is extremely unlikely, and this is well supported. Stop denying basic truths to suit your narrative.

Rewind, where did I laugh at kids getting sick? Not sure where I said that? And talk about laying it on thick wow! Kids getting sick from covid is extremely unlikely, and this is well supported. Stop denying basic truths to suit your narrative.

You reacted to my post on children becoming sick with laughing. While the vast majority of kids won't end up in hospital or become very, very ill, about none of them get away with absolutely no symptoms. You seem to think this doesn't matter. Even if some kinds of parents might want to overlook that like it doesn't matter, it still isn't all about old, fat people dying.

Back