Briedis

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2002
Casey, Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manly Sea Eagles, Wrexham AFC
Manly are hotting up in the NSWRL. Still undefeated this year with 6 wins and absolutely demolished the third placed Newcastle at Newcastle 44-4 on Friday night.

The great thing about this is that it looks as though the long-term on-field future of Manly is very bright with some real gun players showing their wares.

This week Manly play the Bulldogs at "home" (Gosford) in a top of the table clash. Both teams are undefeated.

Add to that the Eagles being in the Top 8 and it has been a good week for the club. I'm not sure how much chance we are of beating the Dogs NRL side (almost none, different story if it was at Brookie!) but with our financial position looking more promising by the day it looks like Manly will be back as a force very soon.

I was speaking to Manly Leagues Club CEO Brian Smith on Saturday night at our cricket club presentation dinner and he said that Manly are definately coming back to Brookvale next year. Max Krillich was also there and made a speach about Manly coming back next year. GO MANLY!!

And your presence at Henson Park last week must have inspired the mighty Jets, mate. I think i saw on 7's Sportswatch they had their first win for the year. Can't remember who against, some hacks obviously. :p ;)

Originally posted by The Hippie
And your presence at Henson Park last week must have inspired the mighty Jets, mate. I think i saw on 7's Sportswatch they had their first win for the year. Can't remember who against, some hacks obviously. :p ;)

:confused:

Hippie, what are you smoking? Manly beat the Jets 40-34 at Henson two weeks ago.....unless the Jets beat the Eels did they?!?!?!? I haven't seen the other results yet as they take sooooo long to update www.nswrl.com.au it's a joke....

Sorry if I was too obscure, I meant your being at the Manly-Jets game inspired the Jets to have their first win against the Bears this week. Backhanded compliment, if you like.. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back