Review Marsh Community Series - West Coast vs Fremantle Saturday March 7 @ Joondalup 4.10PM WST

Remove this Banner Ad

All good, I don’t reckon he would have been in line for r1 anyway.

I do! One more solid hit out may have just been the tonic for a debut.

Now we’ll never know

Really disappointed for Williams. Hopefully it doesn’t do his round 1 chances any harm.

I was hoping we would see XON and JJ this weekend. This is why I personally liked the 3 game series, it allowed clubs to filter through the youth in the senior squad giving those players valuable experience and us supporters a look at our youth. Still looking forward to watching this game regardless and stoked for big Harry Edwards!

Dat midfield!
549680BC-1EA0-44DC-BED6-51EF06BC0543.gif

Williams wasn't in the injury list or update yesterday. Disappointing to find out now. Hopefully Vardy isn't gifted his rnd 1 spot. Would need to improve greatly after his Essendon performance.

Last edited:
As much as the glut of talls sucks a bit it does help having a few of Waterman/Allen/Brander/Vardy/Williams/Hickey playing in the WAFL to make sure our developing mids have a decent forwardline structure to kick to. can’t squeeze them all in (not even Woosha could) but as long as they’re in form in the WAFL it can only be a good thing

Looking forward to seeing Jake play a great game. I assume he will be pushed out by Darling when fit. Vardy will have to put in a strong performance to keep Bailey Williams from a Round 1 debut you would think.
We are very fortunate to have possibly the best ruck depth in the AFL
In saying that it gives opportunity and the flexibility to play different combinations against different teams.
Depending on the situation we might go some weeks with only Nic Nat and Allen.
On other occasions like against Gawn and Grundy we might up the ante with Nic and Hic.
Other games might be perfectly suit a Nic Nat and Williams.
And sitting in the background we have newly Jameson developing nicely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are very fortunate to have possibly the best ruck depth in the AFL
In saying that it gives opportunity and the flexibility to play different combinations against different teams.
Depending on the situation we might go some weeks with only Nic Nat and Allen.
On other occasions like against Gawn and Grundy we might up the ante with Nic and Hic.
Other games might be perfectly suit a Nic Nat and Williams.
And sitting in the background we have newly Jameson developing nicely.
Yep we are spoilt for choice now in the talls if one of Jones or Reid can perform well in the small forwards we will be in even better shape.

Nic Nat is the second ruck, not the first. Vardy or Hickey will be first choice over Williams, simply because they'll have the tank to go all game. If NN can get to play more game time, then Williams might get a run with Allan to pinch hit.

NN is on very limited ground time. Whoever rucks with him will be doing the vast majority of the rucking. For all intents and purposes he is the second ruck.
NN is on 60% and will move up to 80% as the season progresses.

Either way, he will be the primary ruckman.

NN is on 60% and will move up to 80% as the season progresses.

Either way, he will be the primary ruckman.
Maybe second ruck is over stating it a tad.

My point is that he is not going to be doing the vast majority of the rucking which would normally allow for a team to bring in a developing ruck. I don't think Williams will be brought in as a back-up in this circumstance.

Vardy and Hickey, for all their failings, are probably better in terms of experience and resilience.

This a danger game... ((;
- it's Freo's Grand Final remember?
Does anyone think Freo might have improved under Longmuir?
Regardless, can't wait to see THAT midfield purring....
* went searching and answered my own question -
although it now has a different heading? -it's the preview of WCE v. Freo game..
Groan..no flying under the radar this season...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back