Multiplat Mass Effect: Andromeda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This dialogue is how you say... inelegant

5A5nueN.jpg

Also, punchable faces count is now quite a few

I watched a bit of GB twitch

Wow the animations are bad, like they would look bad early last gen, the human faces are like they were done by NetherRelm. and the eyes are dead.

Its like they are reading a script with runs to their heads, and facial animation is pleading for you to put them out of their misery. The writing seems disjointed and there is no chemistry between characters.

Unless the goal was to make a game like those SyFy movies that are so bad they are almost good.

Every preview I read seems really cautious and a bit disappointing.

I don't give two shits about how the characters look or animate, but reading that the game is just a mess has me worried.

Good thing this year is full of stellar titles.

Man i miss pre-EA bioware. This reeks of EA pushing this game out hard.

It's been 5 years since ME3 and 4 years into next gen... they haven't lacked time.

But I agree, Mass Effect deserves more than high levels of jank

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been 5 years since ME3 and 4 years into next gen... they haven't lacked time.

But I agree, Mass Effect deserves more than high levels of jank

Less than three years since DA:I though and I don't how much is the same team. It's a different time from when BioWare developed for Atari and Lucas Arts.

As much as this is looking like it might be a let down I'm still going in optimistic. Every ME game has had dodgy graphics from creepy mouths (worst AAA developer at mouths ffs), strange elbows (ME3 looked like their arms just folded) to weird twitching during dialog but presentation has never been the charm of the series. Considering they're using mostly the same tools as DA:I I find it very hard to believe the presentation and feel can be any worse. I'm just going to wait until I can experience the world BioWare have created myself, just like any other RPG, if I can get into it then the rest is irrelevant.

Less than three years since DA:I though and I don't how much is the same team. It's a different time from when BioWare developed for Atari and Lucas Arts.

As much as this is looking like it might be a let down I'm still going in optimistic. Every ME game has had dodgy graphics from creepy mouths (worst AAA developer at mouths ffs), strange elbows (ME3 looked like their arms just folded) to weird twitching during dialog but presentation has never been the charm of the series. Considering they're using mostly the same tools as DA:I I find it very hard to believe the presentation and feel can be any worse. I'm just going to wait until I can experience the world BioWare have created myself, just like any other RPG, if I can get into it then the rest is irrelevant.

-BioWare Edmonton Team A (Mass Effect trilogy main team) : Working on new IP
-BioWare Edmonton Team A-2 (Dragon Age) : Probably working on DA4.
-BioWare Montreal, new team with some Mass Effect trilogy leads (Mass Effect 2 Arrival, ME3 Omega and multiplayer): Mass Effect: Andromeda

They have been working on it for a long time. I think the game should of been delayed with how bad the animations are, no delay could of saved the writing. but EA seemingly didnt want it to slip this Q.

If i was a Destiny fan i might be worried about the same stuff with Destiny 2, if it doesnt make this year Acitvision get to own a big chunk of Bungie stock.

-BioWare Edmonton Team A (Mass Effect trilogy main team) : Working on new IP
-BioWare Edmonton Team A-2 (Dragon Age) : Probably working on DA4.
-BioWare Montreal, new team with some Mass Effect trilogy leads (Mass Effect 2 Arrival, ME3 Omega and multiplayer): Mass Effect: Andromeda

They have been working on it for a long time. I think the game should of been delayed with how bad the animations are, no delay could of saved the writing. but EA seemingly didnt want it to slip this Q.

If i was a Destiny fan i might be worried about the same stuff with Destiny 2, if it doesnt make this year Acitvision get to own a big chunk of Bungie stock.

Which team works on Star Wars: The old Republic?

You seem pretty hellbent on this game being a bust.
I was really looking forward to the game, till they started showing parts of it and they looked BAD.

I dont want it to be a bust, i dont think i have ever wanted a game to be a bust. I have just had to lower my expectations almost every time ive seen something from it, I just want it to be enjoyable. im not expecting it to be a great game or even a game i will replay in a few years. but i would like to be wrong and have it surprise me.

If i wanted the game to be a bust i wouldnt buy it and by buying it im supporting the game. If the game does turnout to be a bust it will kill the 3rd game since its likely the 2nd has already been green light, and hopefully they fix the glaring issues people are pointing out.

Im hearing great things about the MP so thats good.

been reading a few impressions and videos most saying the game needs patched but its overall fun and one place is shitting on it so of course gaf and co are with the one reviewer shitting on it. hopefully they can fix it

Gamespot and Giantbomb were not really good impressions. and GiantBomb said the PS4 version has already had a few patches.
The issues wont be fixed day1. and some i dont think will be fixed for a long time. Aliens mostly look fine, but all the humans look like they are soulless nightmare monsters. and the writing is poor which is a big issue in a game that is character driven.

I get the feeling they would of wanted to have the game delayed the Q3. but EA wouldnt allow that.

I was really looking forward to the game, till they started showing parts of it and they looked BAD.

I dont want it to be a bust, i dont think i have ever wanted a game to be a bust. I have just had to lower my expectations almost every time ive seen something from it, I just want it to be enjoyable. im not expecting it to be a great game or even a game i will replay in a few years. but i would like to be wrong and have it surprise me.

If i wanted the game to be a bust i wouldnt buy it and by buying it im supporting the game. If the game does turnout to be a bust it will kill the 3rd game since its likely the 2nd has already been green light, and hopefully they fix the glaring issues people are pointing out.

Im hearing great things about the MP so thats good.

Incessant posting anything rubbishing the game says otherwise. Did the shitty lip syncing of Horizon ruin your immersion? All you've done for about 3 pages in 48 hours is bang on about "muh animashons" when none of us had had a chance to experience the game yet. Personally I'd take an average looking game with substance than an immaculate looking snore fest like Uncharted hands down any day. Let's be honest, any visual issues aren't going to be miraculously fixed and it's more than likely going to be a one and done experience as almost every game these days seems to be so dash any ambitions to replay it in a few years right now. I'm just going in with zero expectations. What's the worst that can happen? I lose some time? Most of us keen on this are looking forward to it like revisiting an old friend but even then reserve a fair amount of trepidation as it is will be a massive task for BioWare to make us feel for the new characters like we did the originals.

Banging on about nothing but animations, pinning a new ME game on the visuals yet trying to hang your hat on the after-thought addon MP of an ME game doesn't really sound like this is the game for you.

Incessant posting anything rubbishing the game says otherwise. Did the shitty lip syncing of Horizon ruin your immersion? All you've done for about 3 pages in 48 hours is bang on about "muh animashons" when none of us had had a chance to experience the game yet. Personally I'd take an average looking game with substance than an immaculate looking snore fest like Uncharted hands down any day. Let's be honest, any visual issues aren't going to be miraculously fixed and it's more than likely going to be a one and done experience as almost every game these days seems to be so dash any ambitions to replay it in a few years right now. I'm just going in with zero expectations. What's the worst that can happen? I lose some time? Most of us keen on this are looking forward to it like revisiting an old friend but even then reserve a fair amount of trepidation as it is will be a massive task for BioWare to make us feel for the new characters like we did the originals.

Banging on about nothing but animations, pinning a new ME game on the visuals yet trying to hang your hat on the after-thought addon MP of an ME game doesn't really sound like this is the game for you.

Watching the videos they stick out a lot. The animations in this make the bad lip sync in the small characters in Horizon look like a technical masterpiece. and when its combined with bad writing and nightmarish character models it sticks out even more.

The game just looks rushed to make the deadline EA gave them, which Bioware might not be at fault for. most of the animations could of been fixed with a delay. Hopefully the story picks up after the 5hr mark which is where its embargoed for right now.

Before it was shown i was hoping for this to be a great game.

If we cant give opinions about the game and how it looks they why even have a thread, just have it locked now. till the new thread nextweek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back