Multiplat Mass Effect: Andromeda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that was just the Montreal studio. But the bro culture and losing 12 leads was shocking.

But the devs being forced into crunch time for the last 6 months was bullshit. Thats 12hr days and only real break is 30mins for lunch before being back to work.

If it turns out to be real then i dont know how thr Montreal studio survives without a huge clean up
its typical of ea though. just have to look at swtor still alive because they release a version of kylo ren's lightsaber and people buy hundreds of $ worth of gambling packs for it

I was willing to look past so much so earlier tonight I started looking up some reviews to get a feel for the meat and potatoes of the game. Besides the lack of control over teammates the combat looks really solid. I started to notice a few things that didn't set well with me so I did some research into the development team and I can't even buy this game any more. I've passionately defended my optimism of this game and I admit I'm going to do a complete backflip. I had no idea Manveer Heir's comments were actually publicly sanctioned by BioWare's GM and Director. Then I looked up the twitter accounts of some of their other staff and it's crystal clear why the appearance of the characters (mainly the female ones) are like they are and it goes beyond hiring a facial animator with zero experience. There is no way I can support this game. Time to cancel my collector's preorder to use as a deposit on a new guitar and play Torment: Tales of Numenera instead.

A couple videos that resonate with my feelings by same author (link only so it doesn't look preachy). These also happen to reference a few of the comments about BioWare staff I referred to.
youtu.be/AriDHk9TB0U
youtu.be/L-XkM2s9LYA

Got a chuckle from PewDiePie's video though

I was willing to look past so much so earlier tonight I started looking up some reviews to get a feel for the meat and potatoes of the game. Besides the lack of control over teammates the combat looks really solid. I started to notice a few things that didn't set well with me so I did some research into the development team and I can't even buy this game any more. I've passionately defended my optimism of this game and I admit I'm going to do a complete backflip. I had no idea Manveer Heir's comments were actually publicly sanctioned by BioWare's GM and Director. Then I looked up the twitter accounts of some of their other staff and it's crystal clear why the appearance of the characters (mainly the female ones) are like they are and it goes beyond hiring a facial animator with zero experience. There is no way I can support this game. Time to cancel my collector's preorder to use as a deposit on a new guitar and play Torment: Tales of Numenera instead.

A couple videos that resonate with my feelings by same author (link only so it doesn't look preachy). These also happen to reference a few of the comments about BioWare staff I referred to.
youtu.be/AriDHk9TB0U
youtu.be/L-XkM2s9LYA

You rightfully slam the racist developer who worked on the game, then you post a video from a Nazi.

The warning sign was when they advertised the game at E3 2015 with absolutely nothing to show except some drawings.

1119907d1486405545-entering-market-new-line-bikes-7f16_026.jpg

youtu.be/AriDHk9TB0U
youtu.be/L-XkM2s9LYA

Geez had no idea all this was going on. Weird s**t. Watched a few other vids too, hard to argue that the female character models don't look like s**t on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back