Multiplat Mass Effect: Andromeda

Remove this Banner Ad

So did anyone pick this up today?

I was looking forward to Bigfooty reviews
Comes out tomorrow. for whatever reason EA decided to not have it a worldwide release.

Comes out tomorrow. for whatever reason EA decided to not have it a worldwide release.

Tired faces from dealing with everything, I'd wager

Could the NPC's stop playing with their Omnitools while I'm talking to them?
People just moved from using their mobiles to these all the time in the future.

Purchased it from the US store so I've been able to continue playing it past the 10 hour trial, it's not at the same level as the trilogy but I'm enjoying it.

Not a fan of the new way to scan planets though.

So did anyone pick this up today?

I was looking forward to Bigfooty reviews

My experience with the trial (10 hours) was pretty positive. The characters seem a bit bland at this stage but I'm intrigued by the story and the setup creates a lot of possibilities. Multi-player was a heap of fun.

At the very least it was fun enough that I didn't hesitate to buy the full version.

Got it on the us store as well. Can see why there are some negative reviews. Doesn't stand up to the trilogy, that said it doesn't deserve to be dragged through the mud like some reviewers are doing. Still a very enjoyable game that you can lose yourself in.

Like the old re-used joke goes.

Mass Effect is like sex. Even if its bad it's still pretty good.

On that note I wont be able to play it till tomorrow night because of work :(

hahahaha

I've been watching on Twich and its got me hooked! despite all the mixed reviews. The game play looks mint! The story had me wanting to keep watching but I don't want to spoil it for myself so I had to stop at certain points when I thought it would give me a big reveal or something. Looks like a lot of fun really.

Last edited:
My experience with the trial (10 hours) was pretty positive. The characters seem a bit bland at this stage but I'm intrigued by the story and the setup creates a lot of possibilities. Multi-player was a heap of fun.

At the very least it was fun enough that I didn't hesitate to buy the full version.

The game is certainly far from immune to criticism, didn't find the issues with the game to be as extreme as they've been painted out to be.

Still getting it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played a bit yesterday, did the first vault thing. wow the story is slow. I wish the combat was better.

MP is much better, the camera is in too close to the character but after the first few games you dont notice it, and the credits they give you every match is great even in bronze. There is no need to buy packs with microtransactions which is great and means you dont feel under powered

Played it very briefly and there's no doubt it does lack a bit of polish. Things like the HUD sometimes doesn't disappear when you go into the menu screens and gets in the way.... surely thats not hard to fix. Cover seems very sloppy also.

Review I read said the first 10ish hours are a real grind but picks up, lots of glitches, lacks polish etc etc, a lot of the actual performance issues you would think can be fixed with an update.

Will likely pick this up once I finish Horizon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back