FTA-TV Masterchef 2020 (NO betting odds please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the intro to the show on the CH10 website, you are correct, there were pots boiling, I obviously looked away to my computer when that was on the screen.

Doesn't change the fact that the editing this season is really annoying.

Yeh the timings are way out when you watch it.

It's the same on "Chopped" with the water boiling:

"A watched pot doesn't boil, and that's especially true when you're on the clock. That's why "Chopped" contestants get a little help from the producers by starting off the challenge with a boiling pot of water and an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, according to Lewis."

Just watched the intro to the show on the CH10 website, you are correct, there were pots boiling, I obviously looked away to my computer when that was on the screen.

Doesn't change the fact that the editing this season is really annoying.

Yep, it’s the same story as Survivor. Whoever 10 are using to edit these shows are destroying them.

Correct and that is my point.

With the editing, the producers think we are going to swallow it verbatum.

For once, I'd like them to have a clock in the corner of the screen that is 100% accurate to the time they are recording/filming.
You mean 'reality tv' isn't reality? Well colour me pink

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Said the same thing to my wife last night.

This young girl has a very gentle & sweet nature to go with her talent.

Her ability to think quickly on the fly, and be calm is amazing. Still has the ability to converse with judges at the same time also.

I've gone from thinking she's better than Reynold to that she's actually better than all of them.

Her ability to think quickly on the fly, and be calm is amazing. Still has the ability to converse with judges at the same time also.

I've gone from thinking she's better than Reynold to that she's actually better than all of them.
Reynold is more methodical when he is cooking, hence even when he was under pressure, he looked calm and compose so he still produced one of the best dish but sometime he is way too creative for his own good, whereas Jess seems to be very emotional when she is cooking which will be telling when they get to the pointy end of the competition.

Reynold is more methodical when he is cooking, hence even when he was under pressure, he looked calm and compose so he still produced one of the best dish but sometime he is way too creative for his own good, whereas Jess seems to be very emotional when she is cooking which will be telling when they get to the pointy end of the competition.

Jess as good as she is seems to be in a purple patch at the moment just as Reynold was earlier. Hopefully Reynold bounces back and we can see both at their best.

I think anyone can win it at this point.

I haven't been online for ages and as I live in Perth it is not feasible to log in and comment as I don't want to know what happens. I'm really liking this series of MC and the judges are growing on me. Melissa a bit over herself and I love Jock. Favs are Reynold, Jess (and she has stopped crying) and Simon. Also loving the bromance between Reece and Brendan. A few of them need to get out of their comnfort zone, Laura (stop making pasta), Sarah T and Khan (cook another cuisine). Jess top 5 I would love her to get to top 3.

Pleased to note that tonight's guest judge (Josh Niland) played half a season at my cricket club some years back. Handy player too, after watching him train, I had no hesitation in putting him in the A-grade turf team.

When he came to the club, he told me he was working in a restaurant in Newtown. After the Xmas break, he rang me and explained that he had to cover extra shifts in the kitchen as someone had left and couldn't play any more.

As they say in the classics, the rest is history and he now runs his own highly successful venture.

Hard working & dedicated chap who fully deserves the accolades & respect he has earnt within the restaurant industry. It was a pleasure to have him in the club for the short time he was there too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the start, as they lined up, I thought the three weakest cooks left IMO was Emelia, Brendan, & Tracy.

So seeing Tracy go home wasn't surprising her dish looked dreadful, tasted dreadful too going by the judges.

Watching Miland cut up that King Fish gave me Dexter flashbacks.

Last edited:
At the start, as they lined up, I thought the three weakest cooks left IMO was Emelia, Brendan, & Tracy.

So seeing Tracy go home wasn't surprising her dish looked dreadful, tasted dreadful too going by the judges.

Watching Miland cut up that King Fish gave me Dexter flashbacks.

Yep really not a surprise to be honest.

What's with the 1.5M social distancing with the competitors? Don't they all live in the same shared house during competition?

Not sure they are doing that this year, think I read that somewhere

What's with the 1.5M social distancing with the competitors? Don't they all live in the same shared house during competition?

Like any social distancing rules at shops/workplaces - its all cosmetic/PR (look, we are doing the right thing etc) - plus filming would have been a month or 2 ago when things were a lot more volatile.

Perfect example is the AFL - tackle each other, but sit on the bench 1.5m apart.......

Like any social distancing rules at shops/workplaces - its all cosmetic/PR (look, we are doing the right thing etc) - plus filming would have been a month or 2 ago when things were a lot more volatile.

Perfect example is the AFL - tackle each other, but sit on the bench 1.5m apart.......

No, It’s about mitigating risk/exposure where you can.

Yeah the AFL rules are illogical - don't shake hands but tackle and ruffle a team mates hair

Yeah the AFL rules are illogical - don't shake hands but tackle and ruffle a team mates hair
The rules makes sense, they have been given an exemption to play AFL. Shaking hands etc isn't part of play so they can't do it. It might seem silly but it makes sense from a restriction point of view as it would be similar in other sectors with exemptions. Ie you can work close together all day but stay apart during lunch break.

The rules makes sense, they have been given an exemption to play AFL. Shaking hands etc isn't part of play so they can't do it. It might seem silly but it makes sense from a restriction point of view as it would be similar in other sectors with exemptions. Ie you can work close together all day but stay apart during lunch break.

None of them make sense in any way. Next you'll tell me it makes sense for supermarkets to not pack you bags but they touch the items you have put onto the conveyor belt......

None of them make sense in any way. Next you'll tell me it makes sense for supermarkets to not pack you bags but they touch the items you have put onto the conveyor belt......

It's as simple as the Gov has given you a work exemption, things that are outside what is deemed work need to be distanced. Sure it won't exactly stop a player spread it to another but it's a rule to help other industries that might. It makes sense to me anyway.

I can see the reasoning there I suppose- minimizing the exposure as much as possible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back