FTA-TV Masterchef 2020 (NO betting odds please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointed for Reece, but now is not the time to have an off cook. He was smashing it a couple of weeks ago, maybe he peaked too soon. But you'd expect better from a vegan, who's also a chef, who's cooking a veggie dish.

Let finals week begin. Reynold would have to favorite at the moment, but as we saw tonight, nothing is certain.

Disappointed for Reece, but now is not the time to have an off cook. He was smashing it a couple of weeks ago, maybe he peaked too soon. But you'd expect better from a vegan, who's also a chef, who's cooking a veggie dish.

Let finals week begin. Reynold would have to favorite at the moment, but as we saw tonight, nothing is certain.
Like I don't think it's about peaks and troughs like in sport. It's about doing well in eliminations, and he was unlucky that the weakest elimination cook left still left (Reynold) was on the gantry, the other three haven't really been in trouble during eliminations apart from Emilia's fish dish ages ago.

Like I don't think it's about peaks and troughs like in sport. It's about doing well in eliminations, and he was unlucky that the weakest elimination cook left still left (Reynold) was on the gantry, the other three haven't really been in trouble during eliminations apart from Emilia's fish dish ages ago.
But like sport, there is a mental game and pressure, and if you're not on it, then most likely you'll have a bad night.

But like sport, there is a mental game and pressure, and if you're not on it, then most likely you'll have a bad night.
Of course, that's an aspect of every competition. I just don't get the "peaked too early" thing.

From here it's an interesting debate. Emilia has shown to be solid but not brilliant with savoury dishes, her desserts may not have the freakish peaks of Reynold but also just maintain an extremely high standard that he doesn't maintain.

Laura is great at classics, and just adding touches of class to them, but she is clear cut the weakest dessert cook of the four, which coud be trouble come the finale because the deciding dish is usually a dessert pressure test.

Callum is the best "all rounder" of the four. He just does everything well, but he probably has the lowest ceiling of the four, which could mean trouble if it's an elimination a day from here.

Reynold has the highest ceiling but also the lowest floor, and has cracked under pressure before. Though, if he came up against Emilia in a dessert pressure test I'd back her. Every time.

I dont like that Jock guy.

Hammers Reece about simple veggie dish but all good for Laura to make lamb n peas. Reeces dish was more technical than Lauras too.

Rigged.

Ah well... Go Callum

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Jock would be familiar with Laura's food as she once worked for him. For that reason I don't see her winning, as it would create an impression of favouritism, whether true or not.

There were a lot of ppl on twitter saying Emelia's and Laura's dishes were just as simple as Reece's so there was clear favoritism (especially with Laura/Jock). But the problem with Reece's dish wasn't that it was simple, it wasn't balanced (going by what the judges and guest chefs said), that's why he went out. I do think he peaked when he won those two immunities challenges in a row, but that's just my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were a lot of ppl on twitter saying Emelia's and Laura's dishes were just as simple as Reece's so there was clear favoritism (especially with Laura/Jock). But the problem with Reece's dish wasn't that it was simple, it wasn't balanced (going by what the judges and guest chefs said), that's why he went out. I do think he peaked when he won those two immunities challenges in a row, but that's just my opinion.

Reece was solid, the other 3 and for that matter Reynold can produce better dishes when they need to. It's not a shock these are the top 4, they have the highest ceiling and make less errors.

Reece was solid, the other 3 and for that matter Reynold can produce better dishes when they need to. It's not a shock these are the top 4, they have the highest ceiling and make less errors.
I think Reynold's bad days can be as bad as Reece's, however he has the freakish highs.

I think Reynold's bad days can be as bad as Reece's, however he has the freakish highs.

Correct, still think he'll come 3rd anyway. More likely to win a challenge than Callum for instance. It depends on the challenges though and whether they can purely stick to their cuisine/area until the final. There won't be a service challenge so that plays into the hands of Laura/Emilia to win.

so do we know what the format is this week? Eliminations tonight and tomorrow and then the final next Monday?

No idea, if the finale is Monday, then tonight it might be a mystery box to save themselves from cooking tomorrow.

so do we know what the format is this week? Eliminations tonight and tomorrow and then the final next Monday?
I'd be guessing tonight is an "immunity" challenge, tomorrow and Sunday eliminations and the final next Monday, but I wouldn't be surprised if the final was on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back