Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 39 92.9%
  • Bombers

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So do I mate, so do I, but...........! I decided that my tiny contribution to the evil Murdoch empire is not going to make any difference to their pernicious, destructive influence compared to the sheer joy I get from being able to watch the Saints play. It changes nothing about my opinion of the Murdochs but I pay a pittance for the pleasure I otherwise wouldn't have.
I’d agree except for that I think regardless of the Murdochs, Kayo is way overpriced for what it is and the inconsistent quality of the service, with their prices continuing to rise year on year whilst their quality plummets, IMO.

Not enough options in the market for Uni students (like moi) to watch all AFL games, there should be club digital packages where you can pay to watch all of your clubs games live and your club only for a reasonable price, say $100 for a regular season, or being able to buy the individual game stream for $5 or whatever. Or imbed it into the club memberships etc. Works well for other sports leagues, but clearly too ‘advanced’ for us.

Anyway, just having a whinge, cheers

I’d agree except for that I think regardless of the Murdochs, Kayo is way overpriced for what it is and the inconsistent quality of the service, with their prices continuing to rise year on year whilst their quality plummets, IMO.

Not enough options in the market for Uni students (like moi) to watch all AFL games, there should be club digital packages where you can pay to watch all of your clubs games live and your club only for a reasonable price, say $100 for a regular season, or being able to buy the individual game stream for $5 or whatever. Or imbed it into the club memberships etc. Works well for other sports leagues, but clearly too ‘advanced’ for us.

Anyway, just having a whinge, cheers
you can get a digital membership through the club that is less than kayo that gives you full kayo access

Its free on Kayo. Same as the Sheffield shield etc

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don’t think this is true, unfortunately

IMG_7460.jpeg
you can get a digital membership through the club that is less than kayo that gives you full kayo access
This is true, but still $255 essentially just for Kayo and the $20 saints locker voucher - it would be cheaper again to buy kayo monthly for the 6 months (excluding finals which are on free tv) that the regular season is on, alas, still too expensive for my taste.

This particular gripe is about the practice game being behind a paywall, used to be free live stream, resent paying kayo to watch it. Again, just whinging - but just wanted to dbl check there weren’t other ways to access.

Morning gentlemen,
Ridley, Wright, Hobbs, Caddy, Kelly, Draper, Shiel, Baldwin, Wanganeen will not be participating on friday.

Good luck! Great to have footy back :)
Might be a close game then :moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Squad Selection: Four new Saints named as footy returns to the 'burbs​

St Kilda has confirmed its 26-man squad for Friday's match simulation against Essendon at RSEA Park.
By Chris Nice
Just now

Squad.jpg

Liam Henry, Darcy Wilson, Riley Bonner and Hugo Garcia have been named for their first official appearances in Saints colours as part of tomorrow’s match simulation against Essendon at RSEA Park.
The Saints will field a near full-strength 26-man squad for their first hit-out of the year against opposition, headlined by skipper Jack Steele, All-Australian Callum Wilkie, new leadership group inductee Rowan Marshall and key forwards Max King and Tim Membrey.
RSVP to Match Simulation for your chance to win a signed 2024 guernsey!
Jack Sinclair (calf), Brad Crouch (knee), Hunter Clark (concussion), Paddy Dow (knee), Dan Butler (ankle) and Zak Jones (concussion) are among the players who will miss Friday’s match simulation, however all have eyes on potential early season returns.
Several Saints – including some who have been selected in the AFL match simulation – will take part in a VFL practice match for Sandringham against Essendon’s VFL side at RSEA Park later in the afternoon.
Those attending on Friday are strongly encouraged to utilise public transport to get to and from the game, with parking around RSEA Park extremely limited.
Saints Summer of Footy continues! Your guide for Saints-Bombers match sim

St Kilda v Essendon | Match Simulation Squad

1. Jack Higgins
2. Marcus Windhager
6. Seb Ross
7. Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera
8. Bradley Hill
9. Jack Steele
10. Mitch Owens
12. Max King
13. Ryan Byrnes
14. Liam Stocker
19. Rowan Marshall
20. Dougal Howard
21. Zaine Cordy
22. Darcy Wilson
23. Liam Henry
25. Mattaes Phillipou
26. Josh Battle
28. Tim Membrey
29. Jimmy Webster
32. Mason Wood
34. Hugo Garcia
36. Riley Bonner
38. Tom Campbell
43. Cooper Sharman
44. Callum Wilkie
47. Anthony Caminiti

Sandringham v Essendon | VFL Practice Match Squad

4. Lance Collard
17. Isaac Keeler
21. Zaine Cordy
24. Angus Hastie
27. Arie Schoenmaker
30. Matthew Allison
34. Hugo Garcia
38. Tom Campbell
39. Olli Hotton
41. Angus McLennan
45. Liam O'Connell
47. Anthony Caminiti
50. Anthony Seaton
51. Darby Hipwell
54. Will Brown
55. Hugo Hall-Kahan
56. Tarkyn O'Leary
58. Vincent Zagari
59. Ollie Lowe
66. Luca Macnab
67. Sam Latrielle
70. Blake Watson
74. Mitch Ryan
76. Tom Blamires
77. Bayleigh Welsh
81. Logan Young
83. Levi Young
99. Misilifi Faimalo

Squad Selection: Four new Saints named as footy returns to the 'burbs​

St Kilda has confirmed its 26-man squad for Friday's match simulation against Essendon at RSEA Park.
By Chris Nice
Just now

Squad.jpg

Liam Henry, Darcy Wilson, Riley Bonner and Hugo Garcia have been named for their first official appearances in Saints colours as part of tomorrow’s match simulation against Essendon at RSEA Park.
The Saints will field a near full-strength 26-man squad for their first hit-out of the year against opposition, headlined by skipper Jack Steele, All-Australian Callum Wilkie, new leadership group inductee Rowan Marshall and key forwards Max King and Tim Membrey.
RSVP to Match Simulation for your chance to win a signed 2024 guernsey!
Jack Sinclair (calf), Brad Crouch (knee), Hunter Clark (concussion), Paddy Dow (knee), Dan Butler (ankle) and Zak Jones (concussion) are among the players who will miss Friday’s match simulation, however all have eyes on potential early season returns.
Several Saints – including some who have been selected in the AFL match simulation – will take part in a VFL practice match for Sandringham against Essendon’s VFL side at RSEA Park later in the afternoon.
Those attending on Friday are strongly encouraged to utilise public transport to get to and from the game, with parking around RSEA Park extremely limited.
Saints Summer of Footy continues! Your guide for Saints-Bombers match sim

St Kilda v Essendon | Match Simulation Squad

1. Jack Higgins
2. Marcus Windhager
6. Seb Ross
7. Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera
8. Bradley Hill
9. Jack Steele
10. Mitch Owens
12. Max King
13. Ryan Byrnes
14. Liam Stocker
19. Rowan Marshall
20. Dougal Howard
21. Zaine Cordy
22. Darcy Wilson
23. Liam Henry
25. Mattaes Phillipou
26. Josh Battle
28. Tim Membrey
29. Jimmy Webster
32. Mason Wood
34. Hugo Garcia
36. Riley Bonner
38. Tom Campbell
43. Cooper Sharman
44. Callum Wilkie
47. Anthony Caminiti

Sandringham v Essendon | VFL Practice Match Squad

4. Lance Collard
17. Isaac Keeler
21. Zaine Cordy
24. Angus Hastie
27. Arie Schoenmaker
30. Matthew Allison
34. Hugo Garcia
38. Tom Campbell
39. Olli Hotton
41. Angus McLennan
45. Liam O'Connell
47. Anthony Caminiti
50. Anthony Seaton
51. Darby Hipwell
54. Will Brown
55. Hugo Hall-Kahan
56. Tarkyn O'Leary
58. Vincent Zagari
59. Ollie Lowe
66. Luca Macnab
67. Sam Latrielle
70. Blake Watson
74. Mitch Ryan
76. Tom Blamires
77. Bayleigh Welsh
81. Logan Young
83. Levi Young
99. Misilifi Faimalo

So Henry, Bonner and Wilson looking like they are in the mix for Round 1. Henry a dead certainty you'd think.

Jerry named in both matches suggests that he has snuck up the list a bit as far as the draftees go.

No doubt a quick run in the firsts to see how he goes, then a solid hit out with Sandy.

This is our first real look at a potential Round 1 side. With Crouch and Sinclair to come back in, and Clark likely, we will need to pick 23 from the 29.

I just noticed some players selected in both matches so that gives an idea of the unlikelies.

Caminiti
Garcia
Campbell
Cordy

Last edited:
Garcia, Cordy, Caminiti & Campbell named for Sandy. Would assume they will just play a little bit late in the ones, if any.

Positionally, probably line up something like this then.
FBHowardWilkieWebster
HBNWMBattleBonner
CHenrySteeleWood
HFHillMembreyOwens
FFHiggins KingSharman
Foll.MarshallPhillipouRoss
I: StockerWindhagerWilson
Byrnes

Stocker, Webster & Bonner competing for two spots come round one, assuming Sinclair comes in.

Crouch pushing one of those mids out. Clark a chance, but he'd want to play the North game, otherwise hard to see him pushing the others out.

Garcia, Cordy, Caminiti & Campbell named for Sandy. Would assume they will just play a little bit late in the ones, if any.

Positionally, probably line up something like this then.
FBHowardWilkieWebster
HBNWMBattleBonner
CHenrySteeleWood
HFHillMembreyOwens
FFHigginsKingSharman
Foll.MarshallPhillipouRoss
I:StockerWindhagerWilson
Byrnes

Stocker, Webster & Bonner competing for two spots come round one, assuming Sinclair comes in.

Crouch pushing one of those mids out. Clark a chance, but he'd want to play the North game, otherwise hard to see him pushing the others out.
Dow listed as 3-4 weeks on the website too

We know Collard is capable of magic, and I think we have committed to putting him in the VFL against mature bodies first.

Garcia is an interesting one, if he can perform his role and get some ball then he could be the real smoky.

Was hoping Hotton got a shot, hopefully does against North.

Autopsy Match Simulation, 2024: St.Kilda v Essendon

Back