News Matt Clarke heads West. Replaced by Chris Toce

Remove this Banner Ad

He couldn’t identify tall talent. Only later in the draft short people.

Hope Toce with an abundance of good draft selections can rectify this and we can have some good talls come into the club.
Balta and Ryan?
CCJ is also still an afl listed player

Throw in Gibcus as well

It’s not that he couldn’t identify tall talent it’s just that for whatever reason they didn’t rate them as the best available when we had our picks

Balta and Ryan?
CCJ is also still an afl listed player

Throw in Gibcus as well

It’s not that he couldn’t identify tall talent it’s just that for whatever reason they didn’t rate them as the best available when we had our picks

I remember going back to 2017 when we drafted Higgins , Balta & CCj
Whilst it may be considered hindsight . There were alot of people that wanted
#17 - Oscar Allen
#20 - Noah Balta
#25 - Sam Taylor

Probably shouldn't concern myself with guys who have moved on but I reckon Matt and possibly Dimma would have got a kick out yesterday's win.

Despite the doubters, some of Matt's good work was on display yesterday.
Yep people quick enough too criticise Clarke yet fail to acknowledge his success.
Think we can put the Van Roy>>>Brown debate too bed.
Hows that Campbell kid going?
Hows that Smith kid going?
Don't get me started on that Dud Baker
The class of 21.

Probably shouldn't concern myself with guys who have moved on but I reckon Matt and possibly Dimma would have got a kick out yesterday's win.

Despite the doubters, some of Matt's good work was on display yesterday.
You had me going like a mastermind Q who the heck Matt was , Clarkey,,, oh yea we have some good qty kids coming thru no doubt , just wanna see some talls , tho I’ll be sending him a Christmas card if kelti keeps on improving

Clarke needed to go for me. For me his issue was he didn't pick the obvious player in front of him with the best traits. Also what shouldn't be non negotiable players have to kick the footy well.
Was he responsible for identifying talent later in the draft and rookie drafts? If so he was the best in the business at that and was one of the key reasons for our turnaround.

Yep people quick enough too criticise Clarke yet fail to acknowledge his success.
The class of 21.
He got some right no debating that. Through it was Francis Jackson who built our flag team.

I think with the tassy team coming in 2028 will result in some young out of contract marquees players doing 2-3 year deals & stay put , wait for Tassy pay day .
Won’t surprise me in the least they we invest heavily in the draft , and mine mature talent with later picks

Last edited:
He got some right no debating that. Through it was Francis Jackson who built our flag team.
Not talking about our flag team.Foundations were already there before he took over.What he was left with was Picks in the high teens because of our success up until 21.Not sure why people are getting upset on a couple of busts in the teens.Can understand if it was at the top end of the draft but high teens meh.More than made up for with the class of 21 and later in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The class of 21.
Not to mention the amount of drooling about Kmac2 plqying VFL and Coulthard, Clarke are both AFL quality

Not to mention the amount of drooling about Kmac2 plqying VFL and Coulthard, Clarke are both AFL quality
Since 2020 footskills became our #1 priority.
Clarke hit the mark with every draftee.

Not talking about our flag team.Foundations were already there before he took over.What he was left with was Picks in the high teens because of our success up until 21.Not sure why people are getting upset on a couple of busts in the teens.Can understand if it was at the top end of the draft but high teens meh.More than made up for with the class of 21 and later in the draft.
That's yet to be seen through about 2021 class way to early to call that successful.

That should have been the number one priority from the beginning not from 2020 , that's not negotiable when drafting footskills.
Chaos Football won us the flags.
Since the stand rule Footskills was a priority which got Clarkes full attention.
But i tell that your not a fan of Clarke

Since 2020 footskills became our #1 priority.
Clarke hit the mark with every draftee.
U can thank the "stand" rule for that. It's to be a solid haul at this point. Gibcus will be a gun, signs are good with Brown, the other 3 will have their chance to make it an elite haul.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back