Recommitted Mattaes Phillipou [re-signed with St Kilda]

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats the story then? Actively asking to play 2s?
Didn't ask to play VFL but was happy to stay at Sandy and get midfield time knowing he was out of form. Ross decided to bring him straight back to play midfield at senior level instead, where he clearly showed he wasn't ready.

Really not that juicy or interesting of a story.

Didn't ask to play VFL but was happy to stay at Sandy and get midfield time knowing he was out of form. Ross decided to bring him straight back to play midfield at senior level instead, where he clearly showed he wasn't ready.

Really not that juicy or interesting of a story.

Yeah okay.

And can you comment on his level of popularity within the club? Is he well-liked by other players and coaches?

Yeah okay.

And can you comment on his level of popularity within the club? Is he well-liked by other players and coaches?
He is one of Ross' favourites. Never seen him have a negative interaction with a teammate at training or at games.

There is this perception from opposition supporters that he's an arrogant jerk and hard to deal with but he's one of the nicest and hardest working kids you'll find.

Worst call I think I have ever heard
You're actually right, I just looked at their side by side statistics at the same point in their careers (first 33 games). Comparing Mattaes to Jack is actually insulting to Jack. Both were drafted as mid-forwards right?

Jack Billings / Mattaes Phillipou

Total Score: 24.24 / 17.12
Disposals: 17.8 / 12.2
Contested Possessions: 5.8 / 5.2
Tackles: 2.5 / 2.3
Inside 50s: 3.3 / 2.2
Goal Assists: 0.8 / 0.4
Clangers: 1.5 / 2.3

He is one of Ross' favourites. Never seen him have a negative interaction with a teammate at training or at games.

There is this perception from opposition supporters that he's an arrogant jerk and hard to deal with but he's one of the nicest and hardest working kids you'll find.

Good to hear. I hope he stays a saint. Could be anything.

Huge talent.

Even bigger ego.

Is on a hiding to nothing though playing as a half forward for Ross.

Should ask for a trade, will blossom elsewhere (and then tell us all about it)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back