Past Matthew Ling - delisted 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

NMOwjlIA.jpg

Matthew Ling

Matt Ling is lightning-quick and has a pinpoint left-foot kick. The problem is a torrid injury run prevented him from hitting his best over his first two seasons at the Sydney Swans. Serious toe and Achilles injuries limited the club’s top 2017 AFL Draft selection to just 16 NEAFL games across the 2018 and 2019 seasons. Season 2020 is his time to shine.

Matthew Ling
DOB: 21 April 1999
DRAFT: 2017
RECRUITED FROM: St Mary's (Vic)/Geelong U18

Personally I was a big fan of Ling.

Injury is dire esp for kids coming into the system.

I hope the youngster finds his way on to a list. He has skills.

Dead set 100-1 to be on a list next year would need to show he could be injury free for a year for starters.

Dead set 100-1 to be on a list next year would need to show he could be injury free for a year for starters.

Yep. You are probably right. He seems like a great young person and this makes it doubly sad injury has laid him low.

Yep. You are probably right. He seems like a great young person and this makes it doubly sad injury has laid him low.

My thoughts on him as a player everyone knows (was a reach and a half)...I hate seeing any player regardless who that is to be struck by injury. The sadder one is Menzel from the Cats though, could have literally been anything had he not got injuries

Co Captain of Geelong Reserves team and part of the Geelong Covid top up players
25 disposals in his first game last week and was BOG
Also named as the no 1 player in the local GFL, if he plays, by the local paper Geelong Advertiser
He’s aligned with his old club St Mary’s, but probably won’t play with them due to VFL commitments

Co Captain of Geelong Reserves team and part of the Geelong Covid top up players
25 disposals in his first game last week and was BOG
Also named as the no 1 player in the local GFL, if he plays, by the local paper Geelong Advertiser
He’s aligned with his old club St Mary’s, but probably won’t play with them due to VFL commitments
I think he's got a real good work ethic, but just lost confidence. Hope he keeps on improving and finds anoyher seniors list spot in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back