Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is terrific

He turned it around and I had my doubts

Congratulations to Dunn and the coaching staff but most of all congratulations to shaz

Onwards and upwards

I won’t have to drive past his place and worry about a FOR SALE sign plastered at the front of his house for at least 2 more years now. He lives 8 houses up from me and was neighbours with Jamie Elliot (2 townhouses side by side). I remember when Jamie sold his about 18 months or so ago, I was scouring the forums looking to see if there were any trade rumors of him possibly going interstate. Thankfully, he never did.

Shaz is a jet and said that from the very start. He just needed time...

This is great news - very happy we get to see him continue to grow over the next few years - also happy with Aish - always really hoped he would make it and I think given another two years he will.

I won’t have to drive past his place and worry about a FOR SALE sign plastered at the front of his house for at least 2 more years now. He lives 8 houses up from me and was neighbours with Jamie Elliot (2 townhouses side by side). I remember when Jamie sold his about 18 months or so ago, I was scouring the forums looking to see if there were any trade rumors of him possibly going interstate. Thankfully, he never did.

Shaz is a jet and said that from the very start. He just needed time...
Maybe young Matt kept his wheelie bin inside his property ?

:p

Or Matt does a Pendlebury and stops time...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not too many worried about his preseason form now.
Of course we wouldn't. Bucks and Shaz confirmed the fairly obvious situation a few weeks ago. Shaz struggled a bit in the preseason and slipped out of the 22. Started the season in the 2's. Thankfully was able to quickly reverse that situation and things looking just peachy now.

Of course we wouldn't. Bucks and Shaz confirmed the fairly obvious situation a few weeks ago. Shaz struggled a bit in the preseason and slipped out of the 22. Started the season in the 2's. Thankfully was able to quickly reverse that situation and things looking just peachy now.
You are still missing my point. There is no “best 22” at the start of the season. He was written off too early by some in terms of his potential output this season. It was pointed out that his form in 2017 was pretty good and that there was reason for optimism. This was countered by his pre season form. Clearly this was an over reaction.

I hope Schazz has some spare rooms for all those posters who had their house on him going home to SA in 2019.

I’ve backed him multiple times in this thread and other forums.

Scary thing is to our benefit, he has a lot more to offer. Haven’t seen his best yet.

Fingers crossed we get to witness it..

My memory is that a lot of people were

A few posters on BF hardly constitutes "a lot". And that discussion was more than balanced by those arguing he'd be fine and would be back in the 22 sooner rather than later.

You are still missing my point. There is no “best 22” at the start of the season. He was written off too early by some in terms of his potential output this season. It was pointed out that his form in 2017 was pretty good and that there was reason for optimism. This was countered by his pre season form. Clearly this was an over reaction.
Its a novel idea that the round 1 22 isn't the current best 22.

It was never that big an issue but he did slip our of the best 22 for a short while so yeah I agree this has been a bit of an overreaction by you. Don't stress though, not a biggie.:)

Probably got fastracked in 2018 due to the injury to Goldsack and constant injuries to Moore. But swings and roundabouts, other players like Langdon and Crisp have been fasttracked due to injuries Shaz suffered early in his career!!

I'd still like Moore to settle at CHB and Shaz move across to a flank in due course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back