Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. He should look elsewhere, seriously considering any decent offers. IF Langdon returns, Shaz will be battling to get a game.

Your Rolling Saint reminds me of 'Standing Baba' in Puri in the 1990s. He had not lain or sat down for 7 years. With his long flowing hair and beard and tall, skinny figure, he looked like an Indian Jesus Christ. He slept hanging on to the seat of a swing strung from a branch of the tree under which he lived. His territory was marked out by rocks on the ground. Every week or two he'd hold a dinner party, to which he seemed to invite foreigners boasting a generous supply of charas (hashish) along with fellow sadhus willing to help relieve these foreigners of their stash.

A happy medium between rolling and standing is probably the optimum stance from which to engage life.
I think it was the same guy - or perhaps a bit of copycat self mutilation going on. Before rolling, Lotan Baba stood for years - and only ate grass. At about the year 5 stage, he decided to up the ante and change to only standing on one leg.

Still think this bloke would be a real assest as a wingman. Yes he's running capacity wouldn't be as great as Phillips for example but I think he has more weapons than Phillips. He's a much better user than Phillips and with his height and marking capacity would be very handy dropping of behind the play, or stopping teams repelling from our forward 50, but cutting of long kicks out of our forward 50.

This isn't a slam at Phillips, more just pointing out that while Shaz would yes be a different type of wingman to Phillips, he would offer something different to Phillips.

Would also allow us use of Sidey rolling around up forward more, especially if Elliot were to leave.

I think his poise would have handy yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming Langdon is back next season and with the likes of Kelly and maybe Murphy waiting to get a shot at it, I’d think Shaz is the play we can most afford to trade who has some currency (oh and Phillips).

While Noble did ok when he played, he isn’t the answer. With Greenwood out for a lot of the season, I think we need a strongly build running half back. IQ can play back pocket or release Crisp to more midfield/wing time.

Not sure what $$ Shaz is on though.

If he stays I’d be ok with that as well. I suspect given he wasn’t considered good enough to play finals, he would be thinking there’s no future for him at the Pies. Fair call too.

The format of that site is total toiletry.
That may be but some important people post there. Eddie reads that board quite often. Having said that, there are some people who tend to dominate that board and make it boring and that is why I prefer reading this board.

Assuming Langdon is back next season and with the likes of Kelly and maybe Murphy waiting to get a shot at it, I’d think Shaz is the play we can most afford to trade who has some currency (oh and Phillips).

While Noble did ok when he played, he isn’t the answer. With Greenwood out for a lot of the season, I think we need a strongly build running half back. IQ can play back pocket or release Crisp to more midfield/wing time.

Not sure what $$ Shaz is on though.

If he stays I’d be ok with that as well. I suspect given he wasn’t considered good enough to play finals, he would be thinking there’s no future for him at the Pies. Fair call too.

I'm still pretty optimistic about what Shaz can deliver longer term. I'd still like to see him up in the midfield (wing) if he can build his tank or trialed as a Bayley Fritsch style 3rd tall forward.

That said, I've got 5-6 blokes I'd like to see up on a wing. Maybe if we can get the AFL to approve us using a 6-6(+5-6 more)-6-4 formation we can see what all of them will offer and go with the best of them longer term.

I'm still pretty optimistic about what Shaz can deliver longer term. I'd still like to see him up in the midfield (wing) if he can build his tank or trialed as a Bayley Fritsch style 3rd tall forward.

That said, I've got 5-6 blokes I'd like to see up on a wing. Maybe if we can get the AFL to approve us using a 6-6(+5-6 more)-6-4 formation we can see what all of them will offer and go with the best of them longer term.

Yeah that’s what makes it difficult.
The fact is we have drafted kids over the past 1-2 yrs that we need to get games into. That’s why I’d be saying to players like Mayne and Varcoe that we are grateful for your commitment and value your leadership but we need you guys to help develop our juniors.

Apart from bringing back senior players such as Langdon and Cox, we still have Sier, Daicos, Murphy, T Brown, IQ, Kelly who we should be getting game time into. Not to mention whoever else we draft this year.

The Irish blokes and Wilson probably need another year or 2 before assessing them as well.

Get away with nothing anywhere else. Here you just get jumped on by our supporters. The way it should be. Carding people for a bit of banter is very soft IMO. I'm glad we are the way we are.

Well I got 3 points from dlanod for this post on Brisbane board about Beams choosing Brisbane instead of allowing us to deal with Gold Coast also.

Horses**t, if he wanted to be close to his father he would have chosen Gold Coast where his father lived, no?

Well I got 3 points from dlanod for this post on Brisbane board about Beams choosing Brisbane instead of allowing us to deal with Gold Coast also.

Horses**t, if he wanted to be close to his father he would have chosen Gold Coast where his father lived, no?
wanted to play with his brother is what I read lol

3 way deal is the speculation

Dougal Howard to Essendon
Shaz to Port
? To Pies

Hopefully not Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Back