Toast Matthew Suckling

Remove this Banner Ad

Fagan said: “We were very patient with him early in his career. We’ve been very loyal to him and we’d like him to finish his career with us.”
Sounds like the club reckons he owes us. He probably does a bit but I reckon with the depth we currently have they could end up spinning the situation to benefit us. Particularly if the contract he gets is the $2M over 4 years speculated. I belive that's around what Goddard and Thomas got to move and they each got their clubs a first round pick.

If he is offered $2m over 4 years. He should take it, and good luck to him.

Particularly with his knee history, the 4 years guaranteed is huge. I would imagine our offer to him would be around $700k over 2 years.

Of the Victorian clubs I would have thought he'd be a good fit for the Doggies, as explained by cryptor earlier. Possibly also the Bombers, whose backline could cover for his regularly discussed lack of defensive pressure. GWS looks logical too. So he'll probably end up somewhere completely random!

I love how our trading and picking up delisted players is always mentioned as an offset for losing Buddy and co via free agency.

If piggy gets a good offer from another club and wants to go because it makes the most sense for him financially I have no issue with that getting an extra $150k a year and 1 or 2 more years on your contract is golden

Of the Victorian clubs I would have thought he'd be a good fit for the Doggies, as explained by cryptor earlier. Possibly also the Bombers, whose backline could cover for his regularly discussed lack of defensive pressure. GWS looks logical too. So he'll probably end up somewhere completely random!

I'll spew up if he or anyone else decent goes to Essendon.

Can we bundle up picks 18 & the compo pick 19 for Dangerfield? Or Shiel?
Just 18 + 19 for one of those two? Or 18 + 19 + a player?

Would need to be at least the latter unless one of them names us as their only desired club.

Getting way ahead of ourselves of course, but what would 18 and 19 translate to in terms of moving up the draft order this year? Would those two combined get us a pick 9 or 10?

I thought he was quite good vs the bombers. Actually need helped us get over the line with three crucial plays, under pressure in the last 10 minutes. Wasn't to be unfortunately.

Vs the dogs he wasn't great though. Burnt a number of kicks and I began to see why the haters hate. Despite that, still reckon he's best 22.

Well all those who think he is not in our best 22 will be jumping for joy and breathing a sigh of relief that he is no longer clogging our list if he goes.

For me, I think he is good and would like him to stay but if he gets a good offer like the one described one could hardly blame him for taking it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Litherland can recapture some of his AFL quality form from last year. Looked really good in pre-season training but hasn't really done much to suggest he'll be demanding selection in the seniors any time soon. He'll be one of the ones we look to replace Suckling if he leaves.

Hopefully Litherland can recapture some of his AFL quality form from last year. Looked really good in pre-season training but hasn't really done much to suggest he'll be demanding selection in the seniors any time soon. He'll be one of the ones we look to replace Suckling if he leaves.

He kicks it like a pig.....if he was a competent kick he'd be in our line up.

He kicks it like a pig.....if he was a competent kick he'd be in our line up.
Definitely tends to throw it on the boot and kick the skin off it. One of the reasons he looked good pre-season was that he seemed to be taking a bit more care with his kicking. He's regressed unfortunately. Perhaps needs to work on his composure during games.

If we win the flag and here's no other band 2 picks then band 1 and band 2 will be the same pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back