Player Watch Max Michalanney - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Web-Cycler-952x592-.png

Matching the Swans bid, we have selected Max Michalanney with pick 17!

Height: 191cm
Weight: 78kg
DOB: 26/2/2004
Club: Norwood (SANFL)

Last edited:

Another first round pick on a defender. ;)

Pretty funny that we finally get to take advantage of the old rule after more than 30 years of waiting.

Welcome Max!

To receive a first round bid from Sydney is a pretty good sign

Draft people, I'm seeing Ben Hart here, am I close?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another first round pick on a defender. ;)

Pretty funny that we finally get to take advantage of the old rule after more than 30 years of waiting.
Just when we thought we wouldn't benefit from it...

People saying we're going into deficit next year on Twitter? How'd we get picks back if that's the case?
Incorrect.

We had enough points for pick 16 bid.

Our 3 picks moved up in value with 2x Lions matching.

Welcome Max, and no we didn't go into deficit due to our suite of picks shuffling up several places each before the bid. We got a wee bit of change in fact

People saying we're going into deficit next year on Twitter? How'd we get picks back if that's the case?

The graphic had us using 43, 51 and 54, but they were our picks before the Rowston bid. If they didn’t come in then yes, we’re in 37 point deficit, but if they did we’re fine. The fact we got 69 and 79 back means we should be fine.

EDIT: scratch that, got my maths the wrong way around.

Pick 17 = 1025 points - 20% = 820 points

43, 51, 54 = 857 points so all good.

As has been said we had enough points to cover the pick. We still have pick 69, with points up to pick 73, so clearly did not use all points this year and go into deficit next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back