Member of Public trying to obtain ASADA records of players

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...c/news-story/bfe401aa3afcefb5d0a7ab44ffebf3ba

THE Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority is fighting fresh attempts for key documents in the Essendon drugs scandal to be released.

Twenty of the 34 past and present Dons players caught up in the four-year saga were informed this afternoon of an appeal against a Freedom of Information request made by a member of the public.

The FOI request surrounds doping control forms signed by Essendon players between August 2011 and September 2012.

They include the names and dates of the urine and blood tests conducted by ASADA on Essendon players during that period.

The players have been given the option of joining ASADA’s bid to keep the documents under lock and key.

Oh the irony ASADA and players maybe teaming up :)

Bruce Francis ???

It is definitely Bruce Francis - My guess is Bruce is fishing the angle that players were under NO compulsion (as per WADA rules) to state/list whether they had taken substances in the seven days before an ASADA urine or blood test.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
It is definitely Bruce Francis - My guess is Bruce is fishing the angle that players were under NO compulsion (as per WADA rules) to state/list whether they had taken substances in the seven days before an ASADA urine or blood test.

If Essendon's defence didn't explore that angle, the club should get its money back.

If Essendon's defence didn't explore that angle, the club should get its money back.

Of course this angle was explored at the CAS hearing and in fact highlighted - Somehow, CAS extrapolated that all 34 players lied in their DCF's even though only 20 players who were drug tested in the period 2011-2012.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Of course this angle was explored at the CAS hearing and in fact highlighted - Somehow, CAS extrapolated that all 34 players lied in their DCF's even though only 20 players who were drug tested in the period 2011-2012.

Yeah. Im going to trust a random claim on the internet over an impartial court.

But what you are saying is 20 players lied?

BTW the players chose to be treated as one entity didnt they? One in all in? One a filthy drug cheat all a filthy drug cheat?

Yeah. Im going to trust a random claim on the internet over an impartial court.

But what you are saying is 20 players lied?

BTW the players chose to be treated as one entity didnt they? One in all in? One a filthy drug cheat all a filthy drug cheat?

For a start, I answered Ron The Bear's question - Your pointless drivel in no way addresses the context of the discussion - Why do you bother ?

No retort?

Interesting.

Your defence of the drug cheats is on par with the one actually presented.

My advice is to further develop your reading comprehension skills and study the content and nuances of Ron's post - You do yourself no favours.

Last edited:
Haha come in to have a squiz, and here is Yaco55 still defending 34 drug cheats, anyone who questions him has bad comprehension skills.

You make a good point HairyO, the players went it together, 20 lied so they all take the rap.

Maybe the 20 liars shouldn't have lied hey?

Yet another one who lacks reading comprehension skills - It's a feature of the HTB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
THE AFL has threatened to cut ties with Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority drug testers if key documents in the Essendon supplements saga are made public.

The bombshell move, which could jeopardise millions of dollars in federal government funding for the league, was signalled in an affidavit filed by AFL integrity unit chief Tony Keane in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal last Friday.

The AFL has joined ASADA in fighting a Freedom of Information request made by a member of the public seeking access to doping control forms signed by Bombers players between August 2011 and September 2012.

Sorry mate but you are the one that lacks.
And here you are, still trying to defend 34 cheats.

Cas didn't get it wrong mate, Essendon did.

Where has my post discussed the guilt or the innocence of the EFC 34 - Please show me !

Gotta say that Warner is very persistent in following this story - I see no reason why the AFL or ASADA or in fact players would have an issue if the DCO forms are released under FOI - In effect only 20 players were drug tested during the period, and allegedly none filled out any substances on their DC form - So there will be no secrets revealed about players taking medication for illnesses/conditions - Will add that ASADA will feel if the AFL sends their drug testing money to another agency.

Muggs

Premiership Player
Jan 16, 2015
Your local dark alley
AFL Club
Adelaide
see no reason why the AFL or ASADA or in fact players would have an issue if the DCO forms are released under FOI

Precedent, these forms contain sensitive private information, so while this FOI might only be limited to two bits of information, players names and dates of testing it sets a dangerous precedent.

From a governments point of view, noting its being defended by the solicitor general, it has the potential to open a range of information to FOI.

MadCatter666

Senior List
Aug 4, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Wouldn't it be ironic if the afl cut ties with asada after all this time..oh my, the poor essendon crowd. Let's be honest, every knows it's an empty threat. I dare you to take on the government mr communist afl, you take all the government handouts and stadiums and you feel like you have the power?? Pfft..where are we expanding next, Russia? The communist afl ties knots with mother Russia and everyone at afl headquarters is finally content. Now they can poison anyone who disagrees with them. No more foi requests or asada investigations or anything afl headquarters doesn't agree to.

Gotta say that Warner is very persistent in following this story - I see no reason why the AFL or ASADA or in fact players would have an issue if the DCO forms are released under FOI - In effect only 20 players were drug tested during the period, and allegedly none filled out any substances on their DC form - So there will be no secrets revealed about players taking medication for illnesses/conditions - Will add that ASADA will feel if the AFL sends their drug testing money to another agency.
So why do they need it then?

Farm Boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wouldn't it be ironic if the afl cut ties with asada after all this time..oh my, the poor essendon crowd. Let's be honest, every knows it's an empty threat. I dare you to take on the government mr communist afl, you take all the government handouts and stadiums and you feel like you have the power?? Pfft..where are we expanding next, Russia? The communist afl ties knots with mother Russia and everyone at afl headquarters is finally content. Now they can poison anyone who disagrees with them. No more foi requests or asada investigations or anything afl headquarters doesn't agree to.

The government should call the AFL's bluff and tell them that government handouts will only be made after an investigation by an independent panel (of the governments choosing). The AFL need to be investigated over this saga (and in general). Good on whoever it is that is pushing for info because 99.9% of the public are happy for AFL to continue to be corrupt.

So why do they need it then?

I suggest that Bruce wants these documents so he can match up dates when players were drug tested, against dates when players received injections - This is taking into account the CAS decision which determined players wilfully failed to disclose medications on their DC forms which tcovers the previous seven days - My guess is there will be a number of occasions when players had nothing to declare.

Precedent, these forms contain sensitive private information, so while this FOI might only be limited to two bits of information, players names and dates of testing it sets a dangerous precedent.

From a governments point of view, noting its being defended by the solicitor general, it has the potential to open a range of information to FOI.

Now if the AFL is strongly considering using another agency to conduct their drug testing, while at the same time joining the case with ASADA and then threatening to take their business elsewhere if the FOI succeeds - I am struggling to see why the AFL would join this case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back