Multiplat Metro Exodus

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh i played the first 2 games via Xbox Gold, I hadn't really heard of the games when i got them, just downloaded then as they were freebies, but really enjoyed both of them, really good games

So on the back of that this is one game I have been really looking forward too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you find time for games, work, metal and reading? :p Isn't there guitar thrown into the mix as well? Or was that someone else in the Metal thread?

I’ve been studying this year too so guitar has been compromised haha. No kids and the wife is understanding. She gets to watch her s**t Geordie Shores and I get to play vidya games.

Picked up 2033 and Last Light for $10 a couple of years ago and loved them. Completed 2033 5 times, and Last Light 4 times. Extremely excited to play this!

As it’s possible to get through both in a weekend sitting or two I recently decided to start from 2033 again so everything will be nice and fresh by the time I start Exodus. However I’ve paused just before the library. I’m a sook and that level is so butt clenching and I swore it is something I never wanted to do again lol. I’ve been looking up some cheese videos for it though so I might just man up this weekend and get through it.

As it’s possible to get through both in a weekend sitting or two I recently decided to start from 2033 again so everything will be nice and fresh by the time I start Exodus. However I’ve paused just before the library. I’m a sook and that level is so butt clenching and I swore it is something I never wanted to do again lol. I’ve been looking up some cheese videos for it though so I might just man up this weekend and get through it.
The library was intense. On my 2nd play through I did it on Ranger Hardcore, and you can't actually fight them or you die. Had to look up the strategy where you stand still and look them eye to eye. Hopefully there is some more scenes like that in Exodus.

The library was intense. On my 2nd play through I did it on Ranger Hardcore, and you can't actually fight them or you die. Had to look up the strategy where you stand still and look them eye to eye. Hopefully there is some more scenes like that in Exodus.

Not sure about on Ranger difficulty but I know throwing knives work well. Last time I looked at some and sprinted past the rest. The black ones when you start going down are nuts, I’m not even sure if staring them works? I’ve watched some walkthrough videos that show where each one is and how you can just stare at them all but I read some other stuff about a hole in the wall near the start that allows you to skip a lot of them. Also to take the helsing because apparently that works well too.

The game is being pulled from GOG, Steam and MS store and is now a 1 year exclusive through the Epic games launcher. lol. Complete horse s**t. I don't want to add even more launchers when I already need GOG, uPlay, Origin and Steam for my games. I'm happy to wait out the year to play it, but really hope this isn't going to be a continuing trend with this timed exclusivity bullshit, we should have a right to have a choice in what launcher we want to buy our games through in my opinion.

Edit: They would've known about this deal for a while. So what's the likelihood they used Steam to get all the initial pre-orders (at a higher price) before moving it and now it will be a bit cheaper on the Epic games launcher? Can't imagine Steam users who pre-ordered would be overly thrilled....

As much as different launchers annoys me I can deal with it and I think we need to accept Epic’s launcher going forward as they are really committed to it. What I don’t like though are my licenses spread across so many launchers. All of my licenses bar Blizzard and Ubisoft stuff are on Steam. What happens to Steam and my licenses in 5-10 years with all of the competition and Valve falls on hard times? I lose my games?

Epic are tipping US$25million in to indie development to get indies and small studios away from Unity and Steam on to Unreal and Epic and they’re taking far less royalties than Valve’s 30% slice. AAA devs and publishers are likely to follow with the promise of increased revenue.

It’s a s**t situation at the moment but it was bound to happen. I’m surprised it took this long actually.

Yeah I know what you mean. Just that when GOG came along I bought into them since they seemed far more consumer friendly and their DRM-free stance that I decided if a game were to be on both Steam and GOG I would support the title on GOG. Don't see why Epic couldn't have taken a similar approach to promoting their launcher through the fact they'll be taking much less of a cut (and perhaps sell the game cheaper/at a loss to win people over) than Steam and giving people the impression that they're a lot more developer friendly. Kinda ties in with the money they're tipping into the indie development going by what you say. They could have more of an argument to having timed exclusives that way rather than taking the cheap route and throwing a boatload at the last minute to win over Metro: Exodus as an exclusive, forcing people to use their launcher if they want to play the game. I say last minute, but realistically the developers of Metro: Exodus and Epic would've had this worked out a while ago and they've been leeching off Steam's popularity to garner more pre-orders. The whole thing doesn't sit well with me, we still should have the choice with this title, but I've no doubt we'll see Steam react to this by imposing certain restrictions to prevent this from happening again in my opinion.

Don't get that either how Deep Silver as the publisher could take pre-orders via Steam only to pull it from the platform. Unless money talks and it really was a last moment thing. I haven't actually pre-ordered anything from Steam in a while. Do they take the funds straight away when you order or do they wait until pre-load begins? If the latter is the case then it's probably not so bad as all the orders can just be cancelled before they are billed. However if it's the former I don't think Valve would be too pleased about having to process so many refunds. Couldn't be good for PR for 4A or Deep Silver either. I wouldn't be surprised from now on Valve force publishers to sign some sort of caveat to prevent this kind of thing.

Don't get that either how Deep Silver as the publisher could take pre-orders via Steam only to pull it from the platform. Unless money talks and it really was a last moment thing. I haven't actually pre-ordered anything from Steam in a while. Do they take the funds straight away when you order or do they wait until pre-load begins? If the latter is the case then it's probably not so bad as all the orders can just be cancelled before they are billed. However if it's the former I don't think Valve would be too pleased about having to process so many refunds. Couldn't be good for PR for 4A or Deep Silver either. I wouldn't be surprised from now on Valve force publishers to sign some sort of caveat to prevent this kind of thing.

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure the funds get taken as soon as you pre-order it