Michael Hibberd

Remove this Banner Ad

Who knows, maybe Goodwin sees something good in him that we couldn't get out of him at Essendon.. you'd hope so with the contract and $ he was offered.
Apparently Goodwin and Melk were very close at EFC and this is a big reason for it, Goodwin understands his game very well and can see more to get out of him.

Welcome to the Dees Hibbo. Pick 27 will actually be pretty solid for Essendon. Apparently a bumper crop of future A grade midfielders in this coming draft.

I'm joking.

Dunno, sounded a touch salty.

I think the Bombers have done really well to keep their three biggest names, should be stoked with Heppell, Hooker and Hurley all returning.

A good get for the Demons. Hibberd's form came off a bit last season - similar to quite a few of his teammates - but his form during 2013 and 2014 was top notch. At 26 years old I'm sure that he can regain that earlier form and if he does the Demon supporters will be very happy with the pick-up.

Hibberd must have liked Goodwins' "good stuff" too much

How about we don't say stuff like that. We already know how frustrating threads get when supporters play the 'doping' card.

Straight swap for Dawes, Labumbum or Garland thanks. Would be fair.

1354.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake's a good player HFF and wing are his positions hopefully that where we see him. Comments by other essendon supporters are pretty average
I think he will be there. Right now Melbourne's game plan revolves around being able to rotate fresh legs through the flanks and wings. Kent, Hunt, Garlett, Stretch, Vince, Harmes even Jetta all rotate through the speed roles. But the goal is upgrades on these. Melksham and Hibberd are definite upgrades. Hibberd onto a primary HBF and Melksham as a winger over Harmes and possibly vdB is an upgrade for sure.

If we get Melbourne's second rounder (27-30), any chance of packaging that up with pick 19 and getting the Suns involved for their pick 7? Reckon 27 and 19 equate to roughly the same as 7 points wise

I think he will be there. Right now Melbourne's game plan revolves around being able to rotate fresh legs through the flanks and wings. Kent, Hunt, Garlett, Stretch, Vince, Harmes even Jetta all rotate through the speed roles. But the goal is upgrades on these. Melksham and Hibberd are definite upgrades. Hibberd onto a primary HBF and Melksham as a winger over Harmes and possibly vdB is an upgrade for sure.
If Melk has me space he has good long penetrating kicks, needs to work on his 2 way running but Godwin would know this.

Hibbo is a great running HBF, but can get stuck if he can't use his left. If he's 55m out from goal he'll more than likely bomb a long one too. For pick 28 you're getting a good deal, hopefully we don't heck around too much and get it done early.

Good luck to hibberd in th future.

Obviously the 2nd Rd pick from the Dees has been discussed. However, as I have posted before I know Essendon has approached salem's management a number of times. Discussions have been quite cordial which is interesting.

I know Salem is contracted but will be interesting to see if we hear anymore about this in the weeks to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back