Recommitted Michael Hurley?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure he can choose to go To The Dogs (the front runner for his services) without the Doggies required to give up anything.

Reporters now think it's a two horse race, Bulldogs and Essendon but he's likely to stay at the Bombers. Don't think he's going anywhere TBH.

Yeah right ... Do you believe in Santa Claus? ... what there are no telephones or internet connection in Spain.

Very convenient excuse ... it more like if you haven't upped your offer by the time I get back I'm out of here.

Interestingly Hooker managed to come to terms ... yet he went on the same holiday ... mmmmm!
Couple of things wrong with that.
Firstly it's well known that Hurley was more aggrieved about the saga than Hooker and made it clear it would take longer. Secondly different managers and Hooker was keen to sign and got it done fairly quickly.
Reporters now think it's a two horse race, Bulldogs and Essendon but he's likely to stay at the Bombers. Don't think he's going anywhere TBH.
If they throw enough darts these reporters are bound to hit something eventually

Well if its between dogs and staying at ess he'll stay at ess. Dogs couldn't afford Carlisle last year or hurley this year haha
Carlisle wasn't that we couldn't afford him, it was that you were too far down the road with him and that we were unwilling to top your offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if its between dogs and staying at ess he'll stay at ess. Dogs couldn't afford Carlisle last year or hurley this year haha
Actually we can - hence we're in the running.

He's under contract. Unless you still naively believe in the ooga booga clause.

Legally it is an option for Hurley to opt out as a DFA (although I don't think he'd want to screw over Essendon like that tbh)

Same thing was said last year. Its Not a coincidence pressure is on boyd to take a pay cut just before hurley is due back home.
Last year when we signed a Free Agent while re-signing our kids?

A couple of media voices does not equate to a club pressuring a player to take a pay cut.

Barlow and Mayne are:
1 - Out of contract
2 - Neither player has FA status
3. Which means either the Fremantle club trades or they walk for free to the PSD and name their price
Mayne is an unrestricted free agent. Barlow is past it, it's certainly not worth it.

Also, I think you are misinterpreting Hurley's home state, he's Victorian not Western Australian but for some reason you threw up WCE and Fremantle as the two destinations. You may have been thinking of Hooker.

Also there were rumors of character issues and social media interactions with a family member of one of your players, no?
As far as I've been able to piece together, that was the reason for our lack of interest initially. After the Talia situation, though, and it became clear that the player issue wouldn't be a problem, we enquired again and were told that he was pretty far down the road with St Kilda and would need to beat or at least match that offer to even get a meeting with him. We passed, both because we weren't willing to make an offer prior to a formal meeting and because we weren't willing to offer him that much.

Also, I think you are misinterpreting Hurley's home state, he's Victorian not Western Australian but for some reason you threw up WCE and Fremantle as the two destinations. You may have been thinking of Hooker.[/QUOTE]

My sources told me both WA clubs want him to sure up their defences as they both wanted Hooker but he's obviously staying on. And that him getting out of VIC even for 2-3 years is beneficial for a WA team.

I hope he stays but if he wants out I can see him wanting somewhere outside the Melbourne "bubble"

Also, I think you are misinterpreting Hurley's home state, he's Victorian not Western Australian but for some reason you threw up WCE and Fremantle as the two destinations. You may have been thinking of Hooker.

My sources told me both WA clubs want him to sure up their defences as they both wanted Hooker but he's obviously staying on. And that him getting out of VIC even for 2-3 years is beneficial for a WA team.

I hope he stays but if he wants out I can see him wanting somewhere outside the Melbourne "bubble"[/QUOTE]
Bubble wise Perth is worse and west coast have a heap of key backs. Freo I could see, pick 3 and it's done

I hope he stays but if he wants out I can see him wanting somewhere outside the Melbourne "bubble"

What WA clubs want is irrelevant, he won't be leaving Victoria.

As a side note, the Eagles still have McKenzie rotting in the twos, there's no way they are in the hunt for a key defender.

Barlow and Mayne are:
1 - Out of contract
2 - Neither player has FA status
3. Which means either the Fremantle club trades or they walk for free to the PSD and name their price
Hahaha you're new to this whole footy thing aren't you? 1. Mayne is a free agent 2. I was saying it's a terrible trade for Essendon, a gun CHB for a spud you could get for free and a 28 year old who has not long left and is OOC? Your source must be Ben Cousins because you'd have to be as high as a kite to accept that deal if you're Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back