List Mgmt. Mid-season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d go for a small defender that can hopefully keep opposition small forwards quiet. Could make a big difference in finals (assuming we also fix our tendency to s**t ourselves in big games).

Failing that either ruck depth or an inside mid that is excellent at getting first hands to the ball. Someone who gets right to the bottom of packs and gets the ball out.

SA play WA in Perth on Sunday in a state league representative match. Be a few candidates to check out there.

Brynn Teakle is leading the WA rucks, Jed Hagan is playing too.

WEST END STATE TEAM
F: (12) Baynen Lowe, (28) Mitch Harvey, (13) Aiden Grace
HF: (2) Eamon Wilkinson, (20) Connor McFadyen, (17) Luke Reynolds
C: (11) Harrison Wigg, (10) Joseph Sinor, (6) Casey Voss
HB: (21) Chris Curran, (25) Tom Donnelly, (15) Luke Beecken
B: (19) Will Coomblas, (26) Brinn Little, (18) Jez McLennan

R: (30) Amos Doyle, (14) Mitch O’Neill, (16) James Rowe
INT: (4) Billy Cootee, (8) Corey Lyons, (27) Riley Holder, (7) Matt Ling, (5) Campbell Combe

WAFL
F: (27) Oliver Eastland, (20) Trey Ruscoe, (12) Jed Hagan
HF: (18) Ben Sokol, (29) Tyler Keitel, (4) Matthew Parker
C: (23) Jesse Turner, (5) Angus Schumacher, (15) Greg Clark
HB: (11) Fraser Turner, (10) Zac Guadagnin, (7) Cameron Eardley
B: (30) Jacob Blight, (1) Matthew Jupp, (8) Michael Sellwood

R: (28) Brynn Teakle, (2) Milan Murdock, (6) Nik Rokahr
INT: (13) Bailey Rogers, (9) Angus Scott, (3) Stan Wright, (22) Jye Chalcraft, (26) Chad Pearson

I’d go for a small defender that can hopefully keep opposition small forwards quiet. Could make a big difference in finals (assuming we also fix our tendency to s**t ourselves in big games).

Failing that either ruck depth or an inside mid that is excellent at getting first hands to the ball. Someone who gets right to the bottom of packs and gets the ball out.

Lockdown defender Maxwell Benier has intrigued clubs since joining St Kilda's VFL affiliate side at Sandringham.

St Kilda is considering VAFA player Benier and along with Essendon, the Saints are understood to have enquired about him, while Port Adelaide has also taken a look.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1130501...s-trigger-package-deal-close-young-dogs-offer

Wonder if anyone ( not Port) has asked Scott Lycett if he feels like going around again?

Don't think he's eligible for the mid-season draft. A few 'retired' players have already been ruled out.

Midfielder Kobe Ryan a chance for the MSD:

SA U18 2.1 4.4 11.4 15.4 (94)
SA U20 2.3 4.6 6.8 9.13 (67)

BEST – SA U18: Charlie Nicholls, Ben Camporeale, Dyson Sharp, Jacob Newton, Ned Bowman, Angus Clarke
SA U20: Kobe Ryan, Nick Sadler, Beau Thomas, Hughen Wissman, Alex Holt, Ben Ridgway
GOALS – SA U18: Charlie Nicholls 3, Ned Bowman, Jacob Newton, Ryan Borlace, Charlie West 2, Evan Bradley, Sid Draper, Tallan Rosenzweig, Tyler Welsh
SA U20: Beau Thomas 3, Archie Lovelock 2, Callum Fairall, Hughen Wissman, Jayden Matz, Nick Sadler
SA U18 MVP – Charlie Nicholls (Central District)
SA U20 MVP – Kobe Ryan (West Adelaide)
At Thebarton Oval

Assuming he nominates Snelling would have to be a chance to be picked up by one of the local AFL clubs, and it would definitely upset the local blue baggers who appear to have some of those brown paper bags left over by their Victorian brethren when it comes to enticing other sanfl clubs players to Unley when they return to SA.

He would improve the Maggie's mid field immediately, and given his form in the Essendon games I watched last season I thought he was a bit stiff to be delisted, but that aside I suspect it is highly unlikely Port will recycle him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the knock? He's 185cm so not too small. I suppose he needs a defined position to play.

Kicking and size seem to be the issues. He has a slow loopy kick in highlights, although he can kick a long goal. And he is a lightweight.

But he finds a heap of the ball.

If you're interested they just showed Jason Cripps standing in the outer at Trevor Barker Oval watching the Richmond VFL vs The Sandringham Zebras (Saints) VFL game on the Channel 7 coverage. Possibly looking at one of the top up players?

Lockdown defender Maxwell Benier has intrigued clubs since joining St Kilda's VFL affiliate side at Sandringham.

St Kilda is considering VAFA player Benier and along with Essendon, the Saints are understood to have enquired about him, while Port Adelaide has also taken a look.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1130501...s-trigger-package-deal-close-young-dogs-offer
See my post below, Bennier is playing today and Jason Cripps is there watching.

Kicking and size seem to be the issues. He has a slow loopy kick in highlights, although he can kick a long goal. And he is a lightweight.

But he finds a heap of the ball.

Whether he has a loopy kick or not, at the end of the day if you are consistently getting 25 touches and 6+ clearances a game as a 185cm mid with decent enough pace then you should be worth a crack. He's a better player than many on AFL lists.

Whether he has a loopy kick or not, at the end of the day if you are consistently getting 25 touches and 6+ clearances a game as a 185cm mid with decent enough pace then you should be worth a crack. He's a better player than many on AFL lists.

Can't disagree, just trying to work out why he's not being drafted

After watching Blake Hardwick kick 5 goals, I'll have some of what you're having.

With a number of late father/son picks next year is picking up a mid year rookie worthwhile because it just means delisting an extra player at the end of the season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back