Opinion Midfield depth

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we will have a few more positions open up over the next couple of weeks (with queries over Lycett, Hayes, Fanta, Pasini and maybe Clurey). As such we will get a few more picks other than 73 which we will use in the pre-season & mid-season draft.

I also think we might look at a few delisted players with a little bit of AFL experience to fill a need (strengthen our midfield & our wings) maybe Bianco or Draper who was on Collingwood's list as an example (players from top teams that unluckily got delisted due to the strength of the top teams)

I would also hope we look at a young small lock down small defender or two, if possible, from the SANFL, VFL, WAFL (to look after the players like Charlie Cameron, Cam Rayner, Josh Rachele, Izak Rankine type players) which have always hurt us in the past.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mead gets longer than that. It will all depend on next year's trades and free agent recruitment.

Next year we don't have a 1st rounder and we have 3 certain delistings. Dixon, McKenzie and Boak will be gone. That's already enough.

Presuming Hayes, Fantasia and Lycett are gone.

After that we have delisting options of:

Jed McEntee - R

They should be dropped tomorrow if we were being realistic, but with our draft picks we will need to be slow and patient in turning these guys over.
FTFY :devil:

I wouldn't be surprised if Mead gets longer than that. It will all depend on next year's trades and free agent recruitment.

Next year we don't have a 1st rounder and we have 3 certain delistings. Dixon, McKenzie and Boak will be gone. That's already enough.

Presuming Hayes, Fantasia and Lycett are gone.

After that we have delisting options of:
Jake Pasini - R
Jed McEntee - R
Quinton Narkle - R
Jackson Mead
Josh Sinn
Francis Evans
Tom McCallum

That whole group could be dropped tomorrow if we were being realistic, but with our draft picks we will need to be slow and patient in turning these guys over.
Don’t think we can delist Jed next year, he signed a two year extension this year. 😞

Remove this Banner Ad

Back