Past Mitch Clark #1 (2006-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mitch Clark

I am not as high on Mitch as a lot of others here.

Whilst he has all the attributes to be a key member of our team, hes kinda like the jig saw piece puzzle that doesnt quite fit.

Clark's biggest strength is his flexibility to play all over the ground, however he has publicly commented that he wants to play one position.

Clark's best sole position would seem to be CHF, however his kicking for goal is average at best, not to mention that we have some guy called Brown roaming around that area.

Clark's one good season since being drafted was as our sole ruckman, problem is that Leuy seems to have wrapped up that spot fo the enxt decade.

I think that the club really needs to find a backup plan for our backup ruck siatuation in case the lure of Sydney is too great.

Glowing praise for GWS
By Kim Hagdorn
12 November 2010 02:12PM EST

LEADING AFL player agent Colin Young (Mitch Clark's agent) has given a glowing seal of approval for any of his stable of players to join new franchise Greater Western Sydney.

“I was blown away, I’ve got to admit,” Young said after his tour and meetings with Allan. “I have been a bit concerned about recommending to any of my players about coming to Sydney before now.”

“But I can honestly say that this new organisation really appear to have their act together. I’ve been highly impressed with everything in their plans and Gubby and I have had meaningful discussions on some of my players coming off contract in the near future.”

Young would not divulge which of his stable of players could engage in negotiations to move from current clubs to GWS at the end of next season.

Lets hope Mitch has a cracker season to warrant a pay rise. Not that I want to lose Mitch but if we are to have a balanced team paying overs for players is not the way to go. The question is what would be paying overs?

I've got a feeling if Fev goes, Clark stays. I'm also pretty confident Clark will go if Fev stays.

I think for the club to be able to build any sort of future, we actually need to get rid of Fev. Not only will it allow us to most likely settle Clark into a CHF, it will also allow us to give guys like Rich, Redden, Banfield, Polec, Harwood the coin they rightly deserve.

I've got a feeling if Fev goes, Clark stays. I'm also pretty confident Clark will go if Fev stays.

I think for the club to be able to build any sort of future, we actually need to get rid of Fev. Not only will it allow us to most likely settle Clark into a CHF, it will also allow us to give guys like Rich, Redden, Banfield, Polec, Harwood the coin they rightly deserve.

Well said.

Yeah, Fevola presents a pretty obvious roadblock to Mitch Clark's future with Brisbane, in terms of playing the position he wants and in terms of salary.

If Fevola is dismissed, the possibility of retaining Clark is probably the big silver lining to that cloud, assuming he hasn't already committed to GWS.

Link to article

Mitchell Clark, brilliant as a lone ruckman in 2009, was made back-up to Matthew Leuenberger last year, and with the change in the interchange rules expected to demand more flexibility of big men, his strong marking is likely to be used in a tall forward role.

Preseason Training:

clarkq.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Link to article

Voss said the Lions were already preparing for life without Fevola, with regular ruckman Mitch Clark groomed for the vacancy in the forward line. "Mitch Clark is more than ready to step up and do that," Voss said.
"It gives room for (ruckman Matthew) Leuenberger to be able to develop.
"And that certainly gives us the ability for Mitch Clark to have a chance to consolidate that position which is where we always hoped that he would finish up."

clark26.jpg

Clark replaces Fevola
By Kim Hagdorn
4 February 2011 02:13PM EST

Clark has been a permanent full-forward target in Brisbane’s extensive match-play training drills and is understood to have been told by Voss he will play a key goal-front forward this season. Clark, who has trialled as a lead ruckman and centre-half forward at various times through his 65 senior games at Brisbane since his debut in 2006, has been operating as a prime target lead-up forward.

The Lions appear to have settled with 22-year-old big man Matthew Leuenberger as lead ruck for the approaching season as Clark settles more full-time into his key forward line responsibilities. It is understood Clark’s evolution as a potential key forward plans to ease workload burdens on Lions veteran superstar and captain Jonathan Brown.

clark19.jpg

No surprises really. IMO i would have let him play CHF, he has a massive tank and could probably beat any opponent who plays on him and that will allow Brown to play FF where he can do most of the damage.

My guess is that they'll share their time fairly evenly between half forward and full forward.

Clark and Brown are very different players, and I like them as a key forward combo in terms of creating mismatches.

With our ruck problems over the last few years I find it hard to imagine leuey able to play all 22 games and clark staying up forward. Hopefully Mcauley shows some improvement and gets promoted off the rookie list because charman is too much of a risk.

My guess is that they'll share their time fairly evenly between half forward and full forward.

Clark and Brown are very different players, and I like them as a key forward combo in terms of creating mismatches.

:thumbsu: Could be a very damaging combination.

As I said elsewhere, throw Staker into the forward mix as a third marking option and we are starting to look very potent up forward.

Banfield, Power, Redden, Polkinghorne, Beams and even a player like Patfull have the capacity to provide the icing on the cake, playing on the forward line or rotating off the bench.

I think like Bradshaw and Brown did, they will rotate high and deep, depending on match ups. As TBD said, they are very different players, and they will be able to work together to get the match ups the like.

i have no problem with mitch clark playing full forward, he will certainly be able to get the ball, no question

my only concern is that he is such a poor kicker, his accuracy in front of goal, will be the key issue for me. he misses more than he kicks now.

i hope someone is working on this with him as part of his pre-season prep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back