Recommitted Mitch Duncan

Remove this Banner Ad

Worth a late first. Certainly not pick 5, that's just ludicrous.
So an early second rounder of unknown quantity from last year is only worth a slight pick upgrade on exposed form (best first year etc), despite being contracted?

Colour me surprised.

Edit: I'm a nuffy

Last edited:
Duncan is 27 and we are in the middle of rebuild.

We currently have pick 5 (6) and Duncan isn't in the ball park for that pick.

I pretty we won't be making finals next year and therefore, our pick will be a top 10. That's too much for Duncan.

Pick 5 for Duncan and pick 11, is a dumb idea as it smacks of the Hodge trade from far back.

I really don't see how it can be done.
So if you're in the middle of a rebuild how much longer do you expect it to take? If it takes another 3 yrs Duncan will be 30, 5 and 32. You'll need experienced heads like him playing off half back by that time. He's a premiership player and would be the 2nd best player at the dockers

Is a potential Duncan trade being reported anywhere? Or is this another Nakia wet dream like when his "sources" told him Devon Smith and Deledio would be traded to Geelong?

Then of course there's this gem

It's more than that.

A mate of mine (a collingwood supporter) was drinking with Jordan's old man at the footy a few weeks ago and was told Jordan will be at St.Kilda next year. Mick McGuane was also there but he wasn't sure whether the father was attempting to inflame Mick. $1.2 mill was the figure mentioned. How many years, etc, wasn't mentioned.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
So I crunched the numbers.

You say 16+28=Duncan
Freo supporters want at least 4+22 for Neale.

If we got that deal for Neale...
4+22 for Duncan+Kelly

If Duncan is worth 1744 points (pick 16+28) the left over points in that deal rate Kelly as 1135 which is equal to pick 15.

So Neale is worth 2879 points?
Or Neale = Duncan + Tim Kelly

Rightio...

I personally think Duncan is very underrated.

Runs hard both ways, usually a good user, decent in the air. Doesnt have any glaring weaknesses (maybe cats fans can tell me if there are any).

Personally think hes a more complete player than J Selwood. Not necessarily better, but more complete.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think Duncan would leave but if he were too the cats would be asking for a lot.
Maybe something like Duncan for cerra and some pick swaps in the cats favour?

I guess in that case Geelong is just going to have to keep their amazing unbeatable midfield together forever.
I love this snide remark. Fr133mantle fans have short memories :$

I love this snide remark. Fr133mantle fans have short memories :$

No I remember 2012 and 2013 quite well :)

Seriously though.

Duncan is a more complete player than Selwood
Selwood was well deserving of his AA status
GA Jnr is pretty much the greatest of all time
Dangerfield is second or third favourite for the Brownlow
and Kelly just might be the best of all of them after another season

On paper the premiership cup just should have been given to Geelong. It didn't work out that way though.

I just think you guys overrate your players.

No I remember 2012 and 2013 quite well :)

Seriously though.

Duncan is a more complete player than Selwood
Selwood was well deserving of his AA status
GA Jnr is pretty much the greatest of all time
Dangerfield is second or third favourite for the Brownlow
and Kelly just might be the best of all of them after another season

On paper the premiership cup just should have been given to Geelong. It didn't work out that way though.

I just think you guys overrate your players.

I don't think we are that great either but we had the toughest draw of any contender and lost a bucketload of games by small margins. None of these players were our issues. We could have easily ended up top 4 again this year. You my friend with your 13 home games and talking up picks like a new millenium Carl supporter shouldn't be lecturing anyone on list management. You still actually haven't bottomed yet. Enjoy your 4 wins next year and your moral wins like reeming the GC and "winning the trade period".

I don't think we are that great either but we had the toughest draw of any contender and lost a bucketload of games by small margins. None of these players were our issues. We could have easily ended up top 4 again this year. You my friend with your 13 home games and talking up picks like a new millenium Carl supporter shouldn't be lecturing anyone on list management. You still actually haven't bottomed yet. Enjoy your 4 wins next year and your moral wins like reeming the GC and "winning the trade period".

This was meant to be Geelong going all out this year. I think when it comes to bottoming out we'll see you on the way down.

:fire: straight fire

I personally think Duncan is very underrated.

Runs hard both ways, usually a good user, decent in the air. Doesnt have any glaring weaknesses (maybe cats fans can tell me if there are any).

Personally think hes a more complete player than J Selwood. Not necessarily better, but more complete.
my only knock on him would be how soft he usually is when the ball is there to be won, and he hasn't been all that consistent this year (though that could be because of a position change).

Don't think Duncan would leave but if he were too the cats would be asking for a lot.
Maybe something like Duncan for cerra and some pick swaps in the cats favour?

This trade will not happen but in the hypothetical situation brisbane gives fremantle pick 4 for lachie neale plus 22.

Fremantle Hold

Geelong trades Mitch Duncan, Tim Kelly & Pick 11

For

Adam Cerra, Pick 5, Pick 22

Would be a huge risk though because you would preferably want to land Max King. Or Ben King.

Then pick 22 may be a match for Bailey Scott if he nominated geelong.

I'm not an expert with the points but I assume we also want brownless ( F/S) and also Mensch ( F/ S ) so depending on the outlook of our other trades we would need to work that scenario.

So effectively Freo Lose

Neale & Cerra, 5, 22

Duncan & Kelly & pick 11

Geelong add

Cerra -
Pick 5 which your just hoping you land max king huge risk. With Goldcoast compensation yet to be announced for Lynch it may push the picks all back.

With Live trading coming in though I find this option interesting because if Max King is on the board at freos pick and they don't want him or perhaps someone slips. All of a sudden you can make moves with players actually available to draft.

As I said I probably don't make anyone happy with this trade geelong faithful will feel undervalued and freo possibly as well.

And I doubt this trade is possible but I would definately entertain moves like this Neale and Kelly both sound on the move. Looks like a duck sounds like a duck it's usually a duck.

So this kind of move keeps everybody ticking fremantle get quality players with upside geelong get youth. And freo don't have the worry of retention issues down the road with cerra

This trade will not happen but in the hypothetical situation brisbane gives fremantle pick 4 for lachie neale plus 22.

Fremantle Hold

Geelong trades Mitch Duncan, Tim Kelly & Pick 11

For

Adam Cerra, Pick 5, Pick 22

Would be a huge risk though because you would preferably want to land Max King. Or Ben King.

Then pick 22 may be a match for Bailey Scott if he nominated geelong.

I'm not an expert with the points but I assume we also want brownless ( F/S) and also Mensch ( F/ S ) so depending on the outlook of our other trades we would need to work that scenario.

So effectively Freo Lose

Neale & Cerra, 5, 22

Duncan & Kelly & pick 11

Geelong add

Cerra -
Pick 5 which your just hoping you land max king huge risk. With Goldcoast compensation yet to be announced for Lynch it may push the picks all back.

With Live trading coming in though I find this option interesting because if Max King is on the board at freos pick and they don't want him or perhaps someone slips. All of a sudden you can make moves with players actually available to draft.

As I said I probably don't make anyone happy with this trade geelong faithful will feel undervalued and freo possibly as well.

And I doubt this trade is possible but I would definately entertain moves like this Neale and Kelly both sound on the move. Looks like a duck sounds like a duck it's usually a duck.

So this kind of move keeps everybody ticking fremantle get quality players with upside geelong get youth. And freo don't have the worry of retention issues down the road with cerra
Lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back