Player Watch Mitch Hinge - Re-signed until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

WeeBlake

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Happy with the pickup but here’s a question. Ppl are saying Nicks wants flexibility, but I didn’t really see that this year. Our forwards were forwards, our back were backs, and our mids were mids. Exception that proves the rule is Laird, although once he went mid he stayed mid. Am I missing something?
Also, re flexibility, I don’t think it’s that important. I’d much rather have our coaches get our players to play to their strengths.

Happy with the pickup but here’s a question. Ppl are saying Nicks was flexibility, but I didn’t really see that this year. Our forwards were forwards, our back were backs, and our mids were mids. Exception that proves the rule is Laird, although once he went mid he stayed mid. Am I missing something?
Also, re flexibility, I don’t think it’s that important. I’d much rather have our coaches get our players to play to their strengths.

We tried to be flexible in the first half of the year, and our form increase came from in part making it simple.

Flexibility is vital, your best players are not going to be able to play 26 games a year in the midfield 100% of the time. It's as much about being able to manage players in game as it is creating more options to try when something isn't working.

Does anyone actually see him getting a game. We have a few half backs and wingers already. Throw in MacKay.

Hass is still in charge of fitness so yes, he should get opportunities.

Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
1 out of 4, plus you’ve said we will be trading up for a top 5 pick and you’re even suggesting we use our pick next year to do it

Moving into the top 5 is a preference of mine, never said it would happen.

I suggested trading our future first? I posted in support of it, if it meant securing a top 5 pick this year. You're being insincere or stupid if you think that's not a decent trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone actually see him getting a game. We have a few half backs and wingers already. Throw in MacKay.

Hinge was close at Brisbane (emergency in the prelim), so that probably makes him a best 22 player here

So yes. I think it's safe to assume Hinge will at least play more games for us then his brother.

Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

I suggested trading our future first? I posted in support of it, if it meant securing a top 5 pick this year. You're being insincere or stupid if you think that's not a decent trade.
Yeah, disagreeing with trading our 2021 pick, which will be top 5 in a stronger draft, maybe top 2, to get a top 5 this year, when we’ve already got pick 1 makes me stupid?

This is the worst draft in history for exposed form and you think we should load up? FMD

Hodgy

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2009
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Red Bull F1

If it got us McDonald and Hollands, then you are right we certainly should entertain that trade. Two potentially generational players now rather than hoping next year turns out certainly is a plan I would also support.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jake Kelly is the next David Mackay. I expect him to be on the list until at least 2027
These are exactly my thoughts.

Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
If it got us McDonald and Hollands, then you are right we certainly should entertain that trade. Two potentially generational players now rather than hoping next year turns out certainly is a plan I would also support.
What generational players are available early next year? Hopefully one not coming off a knee that we have seen play.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Kicking style reminds me of a weird hybrid Jake Kelly/Pendlebury. Real laconic. Hopefully the excecution is more towards the Pendle side.

Kick the can down the road some more? Or get Thilthorpe and start the development now.

You kick the can down the road in this situation. Thithorpe is not that good.

Especially when the prize is potentially Horne.

Thilthorpe is bloody good

Would you take Thithorpe with pick 1 in a normal year? Because there is a real chance our 2021 first is pick 1.

The emphasis was firmly on that.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back