Mitch McGovern (please read OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can take my views as close to 100% correct ....this has widely been discussed on Melbourne radio for weeks and includes Gill's views as well

The question is over how any on trading of that player will work
There is no trading of the recruited players

It is as flat as a pancake over on the Carlton Board.. this has really knocked the wind out of their sails. Many are in disbelief that they are not gifted a 1st round Priority pick and the temerity of the league to ONLY give them access to 1 or 2 state league mature age players OVER AND ABOVE what all other clubs get access to. Comments like how are we going to get a deal done now for Shiel, McGovern and Setterfield without giving up pick 1..the denial is large with them
I had a quick look, and what seemed obvious to me was this seems to be the time of year where they "win". Absolutely terrified of trading pick 1, regardless of what that would net them, and terrified at the thought of overpaying for Mitch McGovern. All because they don't want to be seen as "losing". Strange.

Weren't they rumored to lose more then just Hannebury?
Oh that's right ....Hanneberry pick should pay for Moore ......#13 for Blakey .....the other loss will be Rohan, but you'd think he'll be a late 2nd round / 3rd round pick, which won't help us

Still think we can help with a bundle of picks for St Kilda's #4 .....they need picks to do Hanneberry & other trades ....after #4 their next pick will be in the 60's

So either they trade 1 to us for McGovern and 7.... and use 7 to get shiel..

Or

Trade 1 to gws for shiel and gws 1st pick (12)... and use 12 and something else to get McGovern off us... they will need more than 12 which will end up being 13..

Turns 1 plus something else into shiel and gov..

Still can’t see it happening tbh..
Would we actually want to trade Gov and 7 for 1. Interesting dilemma when it comes down to it as we would get Luko but be right out of any chance for Rankine and Rozee.
Feels like GC or Saints are the optimum trading partners to me with Carlton keen on Walsh. Most interesting trade period that I can remember that's for sure.

There is no trading of the recruited players
Appears details still to be thrashed out

It is believed the Blues and the Suns will have the right to on-trade the players they identify, in exchange for draft picks from other clubs.

While the AFL commission thrashed out the matter at today’s annual Brownlow Medal day meeting, it is understood full details of the assistance packages are still being analysed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would we actually want to trade Gov and 7 for 1. Interesting dilemma when it comes down to it as we would get Luko but be right out of any chance for Rankine and Rozee.
Feels like GC or Saints are the optimum trading partners to me with Carlton keen on Walsh. Most interesting trade period that I can remember that's for sure.

Whilst I'd like a better deal, I'd reluctantly do Gov + 7 for 1 (mainly due to the extreme amount of value pick 1 holds). Rankine/Rozee may have more immediate impact, but KPFs are that rare from SA, and that expensive to keep that it'd be negligent to give up one for anything else. I can live with a loss on Gov for that.

Especially when we're in a situation that we both don't need to rush him, and will have need of him once he begins to be "ready".

So either they trade 1 to us for McGovern and 7.... and use 7 to get shiel..

Or

Trade 1 to gws for shiel and gws 1st pick (12)... and use 12 and something else to get McGovern off us... they will need more than 12 which will end up being 13..

Turns 1 plus something else into shiel and gov..

Still can’t see it happening tbh..

I don't know why people are so insistent on including 7 in this trade that won't happen. Our ambit claim should be 37, and our final position 16, but hopefully 20.

We would do that , they wouldn’t

Wrong way around. We're practically giving them an 800k player for two minor downgrades. They'd be screaming start the car the moment that trade finished.

McGovern right now is comfortably worth a standalone pick 5, or pick 6 on his own, probably more contracted. That's evident on the salary he's attracting. If you went McGovern + 16 for 5 + 6 then you're practically on money for worth.

Whilst I'd like a better deal, I'd reluctantly do Gov + 7 for 1 (mainly due to the extreme amount of value pick 1 holds). Rankine/Rozee may have more immediate impact, but KPFs are that rare from SA, and that expensive to keep that it'd be negligent to give up one for anything else. I can live with a loss on Gov for that.

Especially when we're in a situation that we both don't need to rush him, and will have need of him once he begins to be "ready".
Yeah I agree, would have to do it.
Interesting question though, would we prefer just Luko or Rankine and Rozee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back