Portfolio Mk1ne's AFL x Super Netball

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont want you to alter it and understand your decisions completely. But IMO i think a sponsor like pepper money (flat word mark style) placed inside the cross would look better on the crusader kit, and the stripes to go all the way up the kit on the away, or at least continue both before and after the bib.

Yeah I agree a rectangular wordmark sponsor (like Pepper Money) would work better with the crusader design, but I wanted to give primary sponsors of the AFL team prime placement so Deliveroo's teal monstrosity gets to be front and centre (at this point the Deliveroo logo wreaking havoc with St Kilda's designs is practically a tradition).

As for the alternate, I've tried full stripes and it just doesn't play nicely with the sponsors/bib/surname/number. There has to be so many cut-outs that it barely reads as a continuous stripe. Collingwood's IRL Super Netball team had the stripes continue above the bib on the front in 2020 but it was kind of perfunctory and they ditched it in 2021 when they moved the Chemist Warehouse logo from the sides to the chest (imo this was the right move).

Collingwood 2020

Collingwood 2021
Magpies%20%282%29.png

Last edited:
jenvhpt.png

Sydney's home dress is red with white sides and a Sydney Opera House trim. Sydney's clash dress is the same pattern but in sky and navy blue, the sporting colours of NSW (which are also used by the NSW Blues). I've seen other concepts that give Sydney a blue clash jumper which I think works better than a white-backed version of the home jumper.

XjlQnkh.png

J8mMo8O.png

West Coast is pretty standard but I gave the traditional 'wings' a two tone feather effect based on their eagle logo.

34uEJga.png

62NRKGD.png

Bulldogs get the traditional two stripes on the skirt. I went with cuffs that match the body of the dress, although I like the contrasting cuffs on the football jumpers I think matching cuffs look sleeker on the netball dresses.

mxPVgx4.png

Just remove the teal altogether on the logo i think, because you've essentially made it a redundant design feature. Also teal on grey is not a good combo (the logo on the kit).
It’s so hard for people at the Port board to get this, but you’ve nailed it. Thanks!

AOlr6kp.png

Here's my take on two fan favourite designs as a bonus - the Port Adelaide Prison Bars and the West Coast Ochre.
And that wraps up my AFL x Super Netball portfolio, I hope y'all enjoyed it and I appreciate all the views, likes and feedback etc.

The Port logo should be without teal as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back