Draft Expert ModernArtillery 2022 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsense Bangers, I've watched every highlight package there is and haven't seen a single thing Ashcroft, Sheezel, Tsatas, Wardlaw, Cadman, Mackenzie, John Clark, Mackenzie or Phillipou have done wrong. Yet when I watch the AFL I see Cripps, Walsh, Neale, Brayshaw, Touk, Narkle, and Brayshaw make all kinds of mistakes unbefitting their status. Therefore, this current draft crop must be the greatest sweep ever and another #superdraft. If I was one of the top teams, I'd trade everything just to get a top 7 pick in this draft.
Who is John Clark, did you mean Jhye Clark? Not without his faults either but then no player is perfect, clubs would be well aware of the areas for improvement and if those are feasible.

For mine there are strengths and depths in every draft, only those blessed with hindsight could name a current draft as super.

Who is John Clark, did you mean Jhye Clark? Not without his faults either but then no player is perfect, clubs would be well aware of the areas for improvement and if those are feasible.

For mine there are strengths and depths in every draft, only those blessed with hindsight could name a current draft as super.
It was Jhye Clark, but autocorrect delivered a perfect joke to tie in with the sarcasm of the post and I went with it.

2022 SANFL U18 Team of the Year

For those interested, we've pulled together a 2022 SANFL U18 Team of the Year. We set out some pretty strict criteria. Only SANFL U18 form has been considered and players qualify only if they've played in at least 50% of games in the home and away season. This rules out a couple of the bigger names, with school and representative football keeping them under the games played threshold.

I'd suggest there's scope for five players selected in this team to be drafted in either the National or Rookie draft:
Billy Dowling
Isaac Keeler
Nick Sadler
Jaiden Magor
Tom Scully

A few of bottom-agers that made the side who I think are ones to watch for next year:
Ashton Moir
Trent Tattoli
Logan Evans
Ben Ridgway
Oscar Pearce

For those interested, we've pulled together a 2022 SANFL U18 Team of the Year. We set out some pretty strict criteria. Only SANFL U18 form has been considered and players qualify only if they've played in at least 50% of games in the home and away season. This rules out a couple of the bigger names, with school and representative football keeping them under the games played threshold.

I'd suggest there's scope for five players selected in this team to be drafted in either the National or Rookie draft:
Billy Dowling
Isaac Keeler
Nick Sadler
Jaiden Magor
Tom Scully

A few of bottom-agers that made the side who I think are ones to watch for next year:
Ashton Moir
Trent Tattoli
Logan Evans
Ben Ridgway
Oscar Pearce
Can see potential in Scully but he's all arms and legs at the mo, reminds me somewhat of Hipwood. 'Mwah' looks the goods.

Grand Final Week Phantom Draft
Round 1
  1. Brisbane – Will Ashcroft (matched bid)
  2. North Melbourne – Harry Sheezel
  3. West Coast – George Wardlaw
  4. GWS – Bailey Humphrey
  5. Essendon – Aaron Cadman
  6. Gold Coast (from Adelaide) - Elijah Tsatas
  7. Hawthorn – Olli Hotton
  8. Gold Coast – Jedd Busslinger
  9. Port Adelaide – Jhye Clark
  10. St Kilda – Cam Mackenzie
  11. Carlton – Matthew Jefferson
  12. Western Bulldogs – Lewis Hayes
  13. Richmond – Mattaes Phillipou
  14. Fremantle – Reuben Ginbey
  15. Brisbane – Jaspa Fletcher (matched bid)
  16. Sydney – Henry Hustwaite
  17. Collingwood – Elijah Hewett
  18. Sydney – Coby Burgiel
  19. Geelong – Oliver Hollands
I've probably got Humphrey, Hotton and Hayes at their ceilings from a draft position perspective. I have them there without any confidence, but I do feel like they would at least be in the conversation for those clubs in that range.

I've obviously given Gold Coast the extra selection from the Crows in anticipation of the Rankine trade. I think Gold Coast walk away pretty well with Tsatas and Busslinger from both a needs and talent perspective. Retention will of course be the challenge.

I'm not really a fan of Ginbey or Hustwaite, but there seems to be a strong indication that Ginbey in particular will be a first round selection. Who knows where Fremantle's picks will land with the Jackson trade + Lobb/Logue/Acres all seemingly on their way out.

Collingwood and Geelong walk away looking pretty good here with Hewett and Hollands respectively. I think this will very much be the theme of the draft, with clubs selecting later in the piece being perceived to have got real value due to the depth of the tiers in this group.

Also - huge props to anyone who has managed to do a phantom beyond the first round. I quit after pick 25.

Round 1
  4. GWS – Bailey Humphrey
I've probably got Humphrey, Hotton and Hayes at their ceilings from a draft position perspective. I have them there without any confidence, but I do feel like they would at least be in the conversation for those clubs in that range.

I've obviously given Gold Coast the extra selection from the Crows in anticipation of the Rankine trade. I think Gold Coast walk away pretty well with Tsatas and Busslinger from both a needs and talent perspective. Retention will of course be the challenge.

I'm not really a fan of Ginbey or Hustwaite, but there seems to be a strong indication that Ginbey in particular will be a first round selection. Who knows where Fremantle's picks will land with the Jackson trade + Lobb/Logue/Acres all seemingly on their way out.

Collingwood and Geelong walk away looking pretty good here with Hewett and Hollands respectively. I think this will very much be the theme of the draft, with clubs selecting later in the piece being perceived to have got real value due to the depth of the tiers in this group.

Also - huge props to anyone who has managed to do a phantom beyond the first round. I quit after pick 25.
we're not taking a winger at 7 with Amon coming in.

Can't see Port taking Clark if Port supporter Phillipou is still on the board.

What pick will Geelong use to nab Tanner Bruhn?
Port could well take Phillipou over Clark but I don't think it will be because he's a Port supporter.

Re Bruhn. Good question.. I always find these so hard to judge. I suspect their first has to be involved in some way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port could well take Phillipou over Clark but I don't think it will be because he's a Port supporter.

Re Bruhn. Good question.. I always find these so hard to judge. I suspect their first has to be involved in some way.
I don't think that will be the reason either but it's certainly a bonus...No go home factor like a Geelong Falcon either...

Mutineer if the first round unfolded this way, who would you like the Crows to take with our second rounder?
Wishful thinking but Olli Hotton has really grown on me big time, unlikely now though.

I think it has to be a balanced midfielder so maybe Ollie Hollands if still available aside from that the best mid still on the board or perhaps Lachie Cowan who I think can eventually transition into a midfield role.

Really think it's time to draft a developing ruck also with an emphasis on athleticism and follow up ability so whatever it takes to get Will Verrall.

Wishful thinking but Olli Hotton has really grown on me big time, unlikely now though.

I think it has to be a balanced midfielder so maybe Ollie Hollands if still available aside from that the best mid still on the board or perhaps Lachie Cowan who I think can eventually transition into a midfield role.

Really think it's time to draft a developing ruck also with an emphasis on athleticism and follow up ability so whatever it takes to get Will Verrall.
For what it's worth, I was debating between Lachie Cowan and Harry Barnett so I think we're probably on a similar page.

Round 1
  4. GWS – Bailey Humphrey

just a question..how do Richmond still have a 1st rounder when they are trading for Taranto AND Hopper?

just a question..how do Richmond still have a 1st rounder when they are trading for Taranto AND Hopper?
I don't think they will either, but given the trades aren't done yet it's hard to guess where all these picks will land. Rankine for Adelaide's pick seems the most straight forward of the lot (but even that might get complicated).

They don't. Neither does Geelong.
There's also no way Cadman makes it to Essendon
There's no way? Like no chance at all? Who do you know and what are they saying?

I don't think they will either, but given the trades aren't done yet it's hard to guess where all these picks will land. Rankine for Adelaide's pick seems the most straight forward of the lot (but even that might get complicated).

There's no way? Like no chance at all? Who do you know and what are they saying?
fair enough..personally I think its more chance Richmond are out of the 1st round than the crows considering they have 2 high end players to trade for - 1 being contracted. If they can pull off getting both players and still have their 1st rounder..I want my club to pay whatever it costs to bring their recruiter to our club:cool:

Okay slightly hyperbolic. But if you look at our list deficiencies...if Cadman or Sheezel are there....they have to be the main contenders. They also might be gone at 2/3...in which case I guess Wardlaw is too good to pass up.

You're right though...of course there's a chance.

fair enough..personally I think its more chance Richmond are out of the 1st round than the crows considering they have 2 high end players to trade for - 1 being contracted. If they can pull off getting both players and still have their 1st rounder..I want my club to pay whatever it costs to bring their recruiter to our club:cool:
It's not that I don't think they'll be out of a first rounder, I just don't think it's as simple as that pick in the teens going back to GWS. I think we'd all agree it's going to take more than that and so there's probably going to be a shuffle of picks somewhere. In hindsight, I could've just given that Richmond pick to GWS, but I'm not sure that deal is going to be a simple one.

Okay slightly hyperbolic. But if you look at our list deficiencies...if Cadman or Sheezel are there....they have to be the main contenders. They also might be gone at 2/3...in which case I guess Wardlaw is too good to pass up.

You're right though...of course there's a chance.
I completely agree Cadman and Sheezel are good fits. For what it's worth, I think Humphrey can fill a similar need to Sheezel forward of centre which was the thinking there. Perhaps that's just getting a bit cute. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cadman is snapped up anywhere from North's pick. Equally, if he was available for Essendon and they passed, I probably wouldn't be stunned by that either. This far out from the draft, almost anything goes!

It's not that I don't think they'll be out of a first rounder, I just don't think it's as simple as that pick in the teens going back to GWS. I think we'd all agree it's going to take more than that and so there's probably going to be a shuffle of picks somewhere. In hindsight, I could've just given that Richmond pick to GWS, but I'm not sure that deal is going to be a simple one.
for sure..I think there could be a heap of multiclub pick trades this year with what everyone wants to get done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back