Motogp 2013.......Who are us Aussies going to follow now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mick98

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2011
Tasmania
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm personally devastated at the retirement of Casey.I have been watching and barracking for Australians in the motorcycle premier class since Wayne Gardener 25 years ago,now we have no one!!

Appreciate Casey's decision to move on but the guy has so much talent to burn,would have been better than Doohan.

Look at the doctor multiply world titles went to Ducati riding virtually the same bike that Casey won a world title on and has failed big time only to go back to Yamaha next year.

Sorry but as a bike lover I'm just disillusioned by it all:(

We had very few top class Aussies in the class from the time Mick Doohan retired to the time Casey came on the scene (Gary McCoy was the best of them probably) and we survived through that, and we do have a few youngsters pushing into Moto3 and Moto2 in the next few years it seems, so all is not loss.

As for next season, it's shaping up to be a more competitive MotoGP season then this one, with Rossi back on a competitive bike, it's still going to be watchable.

Always been a big time Valentino fan. As a Doohan fan i just followed him as the Repsol Honda rider.

We had very few top class Aussies in the class from the time Mick Doohan retired to the time Casey came on the scene (Gary McCoy was the best of them probably) and we survived through that, and we do have a few youngsters pushing into Moto3 and Moto2 in the next few years it seems, so all is not loss.

As for next season, it's shaping up to be a more competitive MotoGP season then this one, with Rossi back on a competitive bike, it's still going to be watchable.

Bayliss needed to have a better crack in the main class.

I'm personally devastated at the retirement of Casey.I have been watching and barracking for Australians in the motorcycle premier class since Wayne Gardener 25 years ago,now we have no one!!

Appreciate Casey's decision to move on but the guy has so much talent to burn,would have been better than Doohan.

Look at the doctor multiply world titles went to Ducati riding virtually the same bike that Casey won a world title on and has failed big time only to go back to Yamaha next year.

Sorry but as a bike lover I'm just disillusioned by it all:(
Are you saying you and/or australian motorbike racing fans are fair weather supporters of motorbike racing?

Are you saying you and/or australian motorbike racing fans are fair weather supporters of motorbike racing?
No.I'm saying ever since I have followed motorcycle racing there has been an Australian in the premier class and more often than not they were at the top of the class.
So now Casey has retired prematurely there is no one representing us or remotely close and it doesn't feel right at all.

No.I'm saying ever since I have followed motorcycle racing there has been an Australian in the premier class and more often than not they were at the top of the class.
So now Casey has retired prematurely there is no one representing us or remotely close and it doesn't feel right at all.
Hmm...You may be a fair weather supporter! It's just there's never been a long enough period for you to show your true colours! If I were you, I'd make a conscious decision to enjoy next year's season regardless of what happens. You don't really want to be a fair weather supporter, don't you?

Hmm...You may be a fair weather supporter! It's just there's never been a long enough period for you to show your true colours! If I were you, I'd make a conscious decision to enjoy next year's season regardless of what happens. You don't really want to be a fair weather supporter, don't you?
Hmmmm...I don't know what you're trying to insinuate.

Sorry you must be some sort of big deal around here:rolleyes:

Whats it matter if he's fair weathered or not?

Get off ya high horse.

Im a fair weathered MotoGP fan and proud of it. However it has nothing to do with the Aussie's on the grid it has to do with the excitment of the races. Which has been lacking in the past few years i think. Unless youre Lorenzo Pedrosa or Stoner you may as well not be out there.

Marquez. So many things make him easy to hate and I won't argue with anyone who absolutely can't stand the little s**t, but I am completely taken by his skill. He is the exact sort of self entitled little brat I usually can't stand in motorsport (Vettel, Hamilton etc) but I just can't help but want him to win. I have no idea why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marquez. So many things make him easy to hate and I won't argue with anyone who absolutely can't stand the little s**t, but I am completely taken by his skill. He is the exact sort of self entitled little brat I usually can't stand in motorsport (Vettel, Hamilton etc) but I just can't help but want him to win. I have no idea why.

I hate him because he's already on a HRC. Im a firm believer in spending time at the back to prove your worth up the front

I hate him because he's already on a HRC. Im a firm believer in spending time at the back to prove your worth up the front
Totally understandable. Not to mention them changing the whole rule just for the Spanish wunderkid. Plus him getting the newer spec equipment in Moto2 over riders with the same chassis, plus his complete *******ery and general disregard for anyone else during practice sessions etc, his 'chop', as I said, there are plenty of reasons to hate the little s**t and I won't argue against your point of view at all. I just don't.:confused:

I don't think Mick98 saying he doesn't know who to barrack for next year is fair weathered. It won't be the same and won't feel right without Casey. I'm still not sure who I'll go for, probably Pedrosa. At the end of the day, all nationalities are somewhat fair weathered, when Rossi retires the Italian crowds (or crowds in general for that matter) will drop off the same as there will be a smaller crowd at Phillip Island next year without Casey. I've had the same 'problem' happen in World Superbike but I at least have Kawasaki to follow who I barrack for like my footy team (to pretty much equally mediocre performance). In the end, we sit down and watch it and either cotton on to a rider to follow and keep our interest or if it's no longer interesting for any reason then we move on.

Totally understandable. Not to mention them changing the whole rule just for the Spanish wunderkid. Plus him getting the newer spec equipment in Moto2 over riders with the same chassis, plus his complete ****witery and general disregard for anyone else during practice sessions etc, his 'chop', as I said, there are plenty of reasons to hate the little s**t and I won't argue against your point of view at all. I just don't.:confused:

It's funny, there's often no real reason to like or hate a rider, it just feels right. Marquez has kinda done a Rossi to me. Really liked him to begin with then did a whole lot of stuff to piss me off and now he's the enemy. :D

I don't think Mick98 saying he doesn't know who to barrack for next year is fair weathered. It won't be the same and won't feel right without Casey. I'm still not sure who I'll go for, probably Pedrosa. At the end of the day, all nationalities are somewhat fair weathered, when Rossi retires the Italian crowds (or crowds in general for that matter) will drop off the same as there will be a smaller crowd at Phillip Island next year without Casey. I've had the same 'problem' happen in World Superbike but I at least have Kawasaki to follow who I barrack for like my footy team (to pretty much equally mediocre performance). In the end, we sit down and watch it and either cotton on to a rider to follow and keep our interest or if it's no longer interesting for any reason then we move on.
Pretty much this Klyntonius.I wasn't suggesting I'm not going to watch MotoGP anymore because there is no Australian involved in it.
I suppose we have been spoiled over a long period having Aussie riders to watch.

Also it's hard to adhere to the Spaniards and Italians.When more often than not they carry on like a 8 year old that has consumed too much red cordial:D

Whats it matter if he's fair weathered or not?
He shouldn't be complaining if he is.

Get off ya high horse.
Neiggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im a fair weathered MotoGP fan and proud of it.
OMG.

However it has nothing to do with the Aussie's on the grid it has to do with the excitment of the races. Which has been lacking in the past few years i think. Unless youre Lorenzo Pedrosa or Stoner you may as well not be out there.
You do realise, that the outcome of a race, and how the race develops, is random? It doesn't matter what you do, there'll be dead periods of a race and seasons.

He shouldn't be complaining if he is.

Neiggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG.

You do realise, that the outcome of a race, and how the race develops, is random? It doesn't matter what you do, there'll be dead periods of a race and seasons.

So if someone is only a fair weathered supporter they arent allowed an opinion? Cool glad youve set the rules for that.

OMG like TOTES what are you on about.

No s**t sherlock they are random outcomes. But unless you are one of those 3 riders over the past years you may as well not even turn up. The race result is basically already decided, its a battles for the final few spots.

ANNOUNCEMENT
Just so we can all clear it up from now on. To all other posters on the motor board. If Dodgy says something it must be right.
No one else is allowed a differing opinion because they are wrong.
Dodgys thoughts are the be all and end all. No one else matters as he is correct.

Kapesh?

Good.

So if someone is only a fair weathered supporter they arent allowed an opinion?
They can have an opinion. They have to consider they might not know what they're talking about, though. They may also come their own, self serving pov.

No s**t sherlock they are random outcomes. But unless you are one of those 3 riders over the past years you may as well not even turn up. The race result is basically already decided, its a battles for the final few spots.
So, what you're really complaining about MotoGP is, that Lorenzo, Stoner and Pedrosa are better quicker riders than the rest (even if they were on the same bike, prepared by the same team). You want a Handicap race, so that Yonny Fernandez and Michele Pirro can win a race. Why don't you just focus on the contest instead?

ANNOUNCEMENT
Just so we can all clear it up from now on. To all other posters on the motor board. If Dodgy says something it must be right.
No one else is allowed a differing opinion because they are wrong.
Dodgys thoughts are the be all and end all. No one else matters as he is correct.

Kapesh?

Good.
Great, I'm glad you've cleared that up for everyone. Saves me from having to do it.[/quote]

Totally understandable. Not to mention them changing the whole rule just for the Spanish wunderkid. Plus him getting the newer spec equipment in Moto2 over riders with the same chassis, plus his complete ****witery and general disregard for anyone else during practice sessions etc, his 'chop', as I said, there are plenty of reasons to hate the little s**t and I won't argue against your point of view at all. I just don't.:confused:

Oh I forgot, number one reason to hate marquez is he stole Ant Wests logo. :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back