Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons | Season 32 Team Thread | Cool party!

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaches.png

So I thought I was going to have to do the Coaches/Clubman award myself this season, as I heard that Richard_Cranium got himself locked up inside Scomo’s election strategy war room. But just as I was typing up something, this came through via the old fax machine…

“Hello.

I don’t have much time to write this, as I’m currently busy sharpening a chair leg I’ve managed to saw off my hotel chair. I want to give Tim Wilson a taste of what I had to go through when old Mrs. Summerwrench gave me a right good flogging back in Form 2.

She claims I was drunk at school but really I’d been on an opium-bender thanks to a group of my Prussian Junker friends, who had managed to steal some from a Chinese guy down by the docks.

Anyway, I’ll never forget the way she looked at me as she whipped me – it was a look of disappointment. I’m also disappointed in Tim as he’s very likely cost me a lot of betting money and my aspiring career as Michaelia Cash's voice coach, the bastard.

Anyway, where was I? Ah yes, I don’t have much time, but I need to announce the winner of the Coaches Award for Season 32.

So the winner is”

So it turns out he sent the fax without typing the name of the winner. I only found out later that it was Callums_Guns . Even though Cranium is a weird old bugger, he does tend to get these awards right.

Callums_Guns was basically our captain and coach for much of Season 32, and we are super blessed to have had him as a Buller player. I live in perpetual hope that he will return to us post-haste.

Round9.png

Speaking of Interstellar, the Roys did to us what Matt Damon tried to do to McConaughey, except they smashed our winning streak instead of our helmet.

We even led at half time, I mean the game should have gone to plan. But they pushed us into an icy ravine and tried to smash our helmet in with their own helmet and it was bad and we felt bad.

But what we had done prior to this was to secure the longest ever winning streak in the entire history of the Sweet Football Association. We should be proud of that.

Round 9 Votes

3 - Bluelegs [21 touches, 5 marks, 4 tackles]
2 - Proper Gander [4 goals]
1 - damicky [24 touches, 1 goal]

Poster Of The Week:

sausageroll

Round10.png

So we had the loss we needed to have to enable us to come out and spank the Wonders.

I would like to say that winning against the Wonders is my favourite thing, but I barely remember that week because they didn’t really post very well.

Anyway, we won, and Proper Gander snagged a lovely 5-goal haul and Bluelegs did bluelegs things and Tarkyn_24 just stepped up on the day and it was very pleasant.

Round 10 Votes

3 - Tarkyn_24 [17 touches, 11 tackles, 1 goal]
2 - Proper Gander [5 goals]
1 - Bluelegs [25 touches, 7 marks, 4 tackles]

Poster Of The Week:

Callums_Guns

So we had the loss we needed to have to enable us to come out and spank the Wonders.

I would like to say that winning against the Wonders is my favourite thing, but I barely remember that week because they didn’t really post very well.

Anyway, we won, and Proper Gander snagged a lovely 5-goal haul and Bluelegs did bluelegs things and Tarkyn_24 just stepped up on the day and it was very pleasant.

Round 10 Votes

3 - Tarkyn_24 [17 touches, 11 tackles, 1 goal]
2 - Proper Gander [5 goals]
1 - Bluelegs [25 touches, 7 marks, 4 tackles]

Poster Of The Week:

Callums_Guns
Unlucky, Moz!

Round11.png

If the loss to the Roys was the one we had to have, the one we had to the Gumbies was probably the one we didn’t really have to have but had to have anyway. Or something like that.

In truth, we were never in that game, and the Gumbies were just way too good. Bloody Rodney Dangerfield always kicks lots of goals against us and did so again, and we just didn’t have enough of an even contribution beyond PG’s 7 goals.

Round 11 Votes

3 - pantskyle [29 touches, 6 tackles]
2 - Proper Gander [7 goals]
1 - moginie [25 touches, 10 marks]

Poster Of The Week:

@Pickitt​

If the loss to the Roys was the one we had to have, the one we had to the Gumbies was probably the one we didn’t really have to have but had to have anyway. Or something like that.

In truth, we were never in that game, and the Gumbies were just way too good. Bloody Rodney Dangerfield always kicks lots of goals against us and did so again, and we just didn’t have enough of an even contribution beyond PG’s 7 goals.

Round 11 Votes

3 - pantskyle [29 touches, 6 tackles]
2 - Proper Gander [7 goals]
1 - moginie [25 touches, 10 marks]

Poster Of The Week:

@Pickitt​
How good, Pick!

Round12.png

To this point of the season we were 9-2, and sitting pretty atop the ladder, so we were able to relax and just enjoy the week, regardless of the result.

Normally when I say things like that, we manage to win, but the smashing of our space helmet proved more troublesome than originally perceived, and we were outdone by the Warriors on our own dungheap. We just didn’t show anywhere near enough intensity (is that a thing in Qooty?) and if it weren’t for the Corndog I feel we would have lost by 109 points.

Round 12 Votes

3 – cooney [25 touches, 8 tackles]
2 – Hate [27 touches, 4 goals]
1 – pantskyle [26 touches, 3 tackles]

Poster Of The Week:

Tarkyn_24

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leader.png

For the last time this evening prior to the final results being announced, let’s take a quick look at the leaderboard after twelve rounds of voting.

Bluelegs - 18
Proper Gander - 10
moginie - 8
DemonJim - 8
Tarkyn_24 - 6

Will this order stay the same by the end of the night? Stay tuned to find out!​

Round13.png

We celebrated cats2rise ‘s 400th game in round 13 at the Underground, as we sought to turn around our slight slump in form. Unslumping yourself is not easily done.

moginie was superb on that particular day – trying his darndest to drag us over the line and snag us a win. 28 touches. 2 goals. 8 marks. 4 tackles. It was great to watch through my binoculars from the team hotel, truly.

But it was just not quite enough, you see. We fell three points short.

So yeah, we lost again and all of a sudden other teams started to get close to toppling us.

Round 13 Votes

3 - moginie [28 touches, 8 marks, 2 goals]
2 - pantskyle [25 touches, 4 tackles]
1- cooney [16 touches, 8 tackles, 1 goal]

Poster Of The Week:

Callums_Guns

Round14.png

We did our bit to contribute to the pile of digital waste during this round – another 84 pages of content for our future generations to pore over in wonder.

We also saw the emergence of a rare emu in this round - sante entered the match thread and blew them away. He was on a roll. We all witnessed greatness.

The match was a topsy-turvy affair, with the Bombers keeping us at bay to 3QT. Facing a 3-goal deficit, it was time for something special - for our leaders (not me) to stand up. And like one of those inflatable people outside of shopping centres, stand up they did. Tarks kicked a goal, PG did too, Cooney kicked a couple and Snags chimed in with the leveller.

They drove us home to a handy 2-goal win, essentially securing our spot in the top 4.

Round 14 Votes

3 - Tarkyn_24 [26 touches, 3 tackles, 1 goal]
2 - pantskyle [24 touches, 4 tackles, 1 goal]
1 - cooney [19 touches, 7 tackles, 3 goals]

Poster Of The Week:

sante

Round15.png
The round we all look forward to – HERITAGE ROUND. CAN I GET A HELL YEAH?

No?

OK, well we played the Phoenix and despite our best efforts we lost again. Well, when I say ‘again’ it makes it sound like we lost a lot, but of course it was just our fifth loss for the season, so that’s really not so bad. When you think of it like that.

Van_Dyke , moginie , cooney and sante all played well, and I managed to kick two goals somehow, but it wasn’t enough.

Round 15 Votes

3 - moginie [26 touches, 3 tackles, 1 goal]
2 - Bluelegs [25 touches, 2 tackles, 1 goal]
1 - Van_Dyke [23 touches, 11 marks]

Poster Of The Week:

Callums_Guns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back