NFL Mvp, Cpoy, Oroy, Droy

Remove this Banner Ad

Pennington's efforts earned him 27 votes in balloting by a nationwide panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the NFL. He finished far ahead,:eek: ,of two other quarterbacks, Drew Brees of New Orleans (8 1/2) and Carson Palmer of Cincinnati (5 1/2).

"He never reinvented himself," Coles said of Pennington, who passed for a career-best 3,352 yards and finished second in the AFC with a 95.7 passer rating. "You all (in the media) were the ones who left him for dead. I'm pretty sure he didn't leave himself for dead or he wouldn't be in this situation. And I definitely didn't. He never went anywhere."

Watch him choke against the Pats. Hey JD, don't worry about it...I can understand your utter dissappointment but it's going to be a media hex on him. I'd rather Brees go along quitely and let his game do the talking to the Conf Chmp (SB??) and make these bufoons that voted for him look like idiots. While Chad the chump sits on his sofa and watches Brees blow 'em away.

Not worried about it Woodson, just surprised someone in the running for MVP after being turned down for a job because a doctor said he might not throw again isn't by default the CPOY. Not that it's important.

More than happy to see Saints in contention in most categories. Harper I reckon would have been a candidate for DROY had he not done his knee. He was our one of best rookies early in the year before he did his knee. I'll be stunned though if Payton dosn't win coach of the year.

As for OROY, Vince Young deserves that. Colston missed too many games and played on a team where everyone is getting receptions. Great rookie year but nowhere near the influence Young has had. Bush I reckon passed Colston a couple of weeks ago. Jahri Evans has arguably been our biggest rookie "find" on Offense. I heard Charles Grant recently being asked on this subject (ROY) and he nominated Jahri (even though he wasn't one of the options). He reckons the kid is a beast and reckons he's almost impossible to get past. Huge wraps from the big man.

Err. They probably did it because Brees missed no games? Penningtons comeback in the scheme of things was greater, no QB has ever come back from two shoulder surgeries like that and you're saying he's undeserving? He led his team, which was 4-12 the year before without him, to the playoffs. He may not have the best stats but in my, and many other people's eyes, his comeback was greater than Brees.

And Woodson how can someone choke when they are 9 point dogs? Honestly.

But in the end it won't matter for the Saints. They will have Payton win COTY :rolleyes:

Err. They probably did it because Brees missed no games? Penningtons comeback in the scheme of things was greater, no QB has ever come back from two shoulder surgeries like that and you're saying he's undeserving? He led his team, which was 4-12 the year before without him, to the playoffs. He may not have the best stats but in my, and many other people's eyes, his comeback was greater than Brees.

But in the end it won't matter for the Saints. They will have Payton win COTY :rolleyes:

Agree 100% mate, Pennington deserved it.

I don't think he's underserving - I just think Brees has had a better year coming back from injury. I thought that's what the award was supposed to represent . . . the BEST player coming back from injury.

I'd like to see how anyone could claim Pennington's had a better year.

My Votes:

LaDainian Tomlinson: MVP

Tie: Carson Palmer and Drew Brees: Comeback Player of the Year

Marcus McNeill: Offensive Rookie of the Year

Kamerion Wimbley: Defensive Rookie of Year

I don't think he's underserving - I just think Brees has had a better year coming back from injury. I thought that's what the award was supposed to represent . . . the BEST player coming back from injury.

I'd like to see how anyone could claim Pennington's had a better year.

Fair enough. The way I understand it is the award is the player who made the best comeback, not played the best and made a comeback. And I interpreted what you said as you saying Penny is underserving, woops :eek:.

But what are we bickering about, the only time us two should be bickering about teams is when my team plays yours in the Superbowl! :p

You said that. I didn't. Choking for Chad Pennington is my definition of not withstanding the pressure on the road in the play-offs vs a seasoned championship team. I just can't see him being the differerence in the Jets winning. Sure he threw 300 plus yards in the first game vs NE this season but you guys lost. Good Luck to him, just don't expect him to be a major player on the weekend vs the Pats. I never said he was undeserving...just reckon Brees had far superior numbers.

Good luck to the Jets btw... I reckon the Jets D will do you proud.

********. The conflict resolved and everyone is happy :(

Woodson said:
Good luck to the Jets btw... I reckon the Jets D will do you proud.

That's all I am really after. To get out with a win would be amazing, make the season and give me the confidence to say we will win a superbowl very soon. But all I really want is the team to play as hard as they can and not let it become a blow out. A hell of a challenge against NE :(

My vote for CPOY would have been for Carson Palmer.

Anyone who has ever had a torn ACL will know how difficult it is to overcome.
Palmer wasn't expect to play this season, and would have led his team to the playoffs if not for pathetic special teams play against Denver and Pittsburgh.

My vote for CPOY would have been for Carson Palmer.

Anyone who has ever had a torn ACL will know how difficult it is to overcome.
Palmer wasn't expect to play this season, and would have led his team to the playoffs if not for pathetic special teams play against Denver and Pittsburgh.
Fair comment flamethrower. Don't forget Willie Parker fumbled on the outer edge of the goal line to deny a walk in TD that kept you guys in touch. ;)

Big Ben's goal line picks in the first meeting HURT US just as bad for the season.

Amazing how two Special team plays really decided your season ...I found that hilarious as much as Cinci fans found the Steelers season crumbling at 2-6. 1-1 in 2006. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why there's only focus on QB's for CPOY.

Deuce McAllister rushed for over 1000 yards coming back from an ACL (at over 4yds a carry and 10 TD's). When you consider he had to share carries with Bush it's been an outstanding season from him.

One of the leagues most under-rated players (IMO) and I find it hard to believe he's not even mentioned in this category.

Not sure why there's only focus on QB's for CPOY.

Deuce McAllister rushed for over 1000 yards coming back from an ACL (at over 4yds a carry and 10 TD's). When you consider he had to share carries with Bush it's been an outstanding season from him.

One of the leagues most under-rated players (IMO) and I find it hard to believe he's not even mentioned in this category.

Yeah, great point JD.... on the flipside...
Forgotten bust...Ron Dayne made a late run for the award also (153 yards vs those Colts.) :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back