NAB commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

willoblue

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2009
Melbourne CBD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I reckon the NAB challenge commentary should be approached differently to the regular AFL season commentary (on tv)
I'd prefer less editorialisation and more focus on the player names.
At the very least, every time a player does something significant on the field (a possession or a tackle etc.) their name should be mentioned.
I for one, would like to know which player is impressing me.
This is for all games as I'm keen to watch as much of the 18 games in 18 days as I can.
Is my request unrealistic or naive?

Amen!

This is the one time, when watching on TV as a neutral, you want the play-by-play radio commentary as there as so many unknown players, or known names you don't really know how they look.

What do we get? utter drivel and a constant conversation about god knows what. Who is interested in that?

And is anybody else over the continual 'player in the box' giving the same mundane comments? They offer nothing, and would never give away anything of substance anyway. Yea, the kids are good, players are fit, it was a great pre-season and anyone on an injured list will be back very soon! We get it.

Amen!

This is the one time, when watching on TV as a neutral, you want the play-by-play radio commentary as there as so many unknown players, or known names you don't really know how they look.

What do we get? utter drivel and a constant conversation about god knows what. Who is interested in that?

And is anybody else over the continual 'player in the box' giving the same mundane comments? They offer nothing, and would never give away anything of substance anyway. Yea, the kids are good, players are fit, it was a great pre-season and anyone on an injured list will be back very soon! We get it.

So it's no different to the normal Fox Footy commentary during the regular season.....

thought I tried it last year, but last night I chucked on the SEN digital and straight off the bat was nearly perfectly timed with foxtel HD game. Sirens were probably less than half a second out.

Hopefully it last through the season - digital radio through the amp and forget the TV commentary.

thought I tried it last year, but last night I chucked on the SEN digital and straight off the bat was nearly perfectly timed with foxtel HD game. Sirens were probably less than half a second out.

Hopefully it last through the season - digital radio through the amp and forget the TV commentary.

That's good timing, if you get it right you are laughing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call the play by play ffs, fit the other stuff in during breaks in play. They really can ruin games with their average calling. And the fake excited stuff doesn't work - dont bang it on, and if you are a professional commentator don't sound like you would rather be asleep than watching a particular game. Mostly useless.

Call the play by play ffs, fit the other stuff in during breaks in play. They really can ruin games with their average calling. And the fake excited stuff doesn't work - dont bang it on, and if you are a professional commentator don't sound like you would rather be asleep than watching a particular game. Mostly useless.
at the very least they should provide an alternate commentary with a play by play emphasis, & let the tv fans decide which they prefer.
they wouldn't have to publish the results as I reckon lots would switching away from the main team.
It would also be a way to trial some up & coming commentators

Some classics from the Richmond/Collingwood match on the weekend. My favourite was from Dwayne Russell: "The Pies have seen off the Collingwood challenge." If they can't even get the team name right, getting the names of players correct is clearly beyond them.

Why does Dwayne Russell keep screaming at us "CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???!!!" Whenever someone kicks a slightly difficult goal? Here Dwayne, yes I do believe it. These type of goals are kicked several times every weekend of the AFL season. Until a player does something like sprouting wings and hovering over the MCG with the seagulls on a Friday night we can pretty much believe anything we see on the field of battle. It's all happened many times before.

Why does Dwayne Russell keep screaming at us "CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???!!!" Whenever someone kicks a slightly difficult goal? Here Dwayne, yes I do believe it. These type of goals are kicked several times every weekend of the AFL season. Until a player does something like sprouting wings and hovering over the MCG with the seagulls on a Friday night we can pretty much believe anything we see on the field of battle. It's all happened many times before.

Perhaps, something like how he assured us that "the Pies have stemmed the Collingwood surge" last week.

Also, after they played a clip of Hardwick arguing that Jack Riewoldt had improved as a leader but that others had improved more Dwayne was bemused: "That was a bit cryptic. He says that he has improved overall but not as a leader". Not the sharpest tool in the shed is Dwayne.

Anthony Hudson sounds very depressed these days. When there's a turnover, his voice drops and then he begins going through the motions. Very similar to Marvin (Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy).
why pretend to get excited about nab challenge games which nobody cares about and have no bearing on anything. hearing a commentator get excited about that crap would be more offensive than one being boring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back