AFL Toast Nailbiter against The West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually trust our gameplan and structures more than I have in ages. The thing we need to mix it with the big fish is less passengers imo. We have bridged that gap to some extent so at least we are making progress.
That’s right.
Feel we’ve got better depth this season.
Be great to get our best on the park at once.

Caldwell's injury was crucial. We lost a lot of flow. Stringer didn't look 100 % either. It was a weird game. We seemed in control for most of it but then did dumb stuff. Shout out to Merrett, Parish, McKay, Martin and Durham. They were huge.
Redman also moving like an old man

This ladder reminds me of when I was I youngster and I was in a local fishing competition and caught a pretty average sized fish. My cousin then put a heap of small stones down its mouth (the fish was dead at this stage) and it went on to win second prize! When they had it on display it was like 3 times smaller than the fish that won first. Actually the other fish in the top 8 were all bigger than it!
That’s the best analogy I’ve ever read!

Should have won by more but we’re not good enough atm to be sad about a close win.

Overall pretty happy with the game, had some big lapses but our flow through the middle and movement to our forwards was looking as good as it has in years. Actually looked like they were lowering their eyes and we had some forward structure to create scoring chances.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice away win Bombers against an Eagles team who are not easy beats anymore.
Nice to see the Bombers in 5th place on the ladder after two months of footy. Screw the 8 year plan. You’re going very nicely.
Melbourne, Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood in the eight. The AFL will be licking its lips that it stays this way for the finals and the crowds it will pull.
From a Pies fan who hates you lot, good to see you back where you’re meant to be.

Went with mates to Melbourne vs Geelong and kept an eye on this match, was this more about West Coast improving or was this typical Essendon going missing when faced with a big opportunity to smash a bottom side?
Nah, Eagles played well and kept challenging us - we responded every time up until the 4th quarter when we just hung on.
Both teams went very hard at the ball and played with great physicality.
Also they got a few cheap goals off frees + 50s.
Overall they look much, much better than last year.

Take the win but kinda disappointing performance. Didnt expect a big win, but pretty much the only one to stand up late was the unlikely hero in Laverde.

Durham and Caldwell both super important. We broke down when Jye went off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back