Training Nakia Cockatoo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cocky might benefit from adopting the 85% rule. I first heard of it in a conversation between Tim Ferriss and Hugh Jackman. There's a lot of good stuff in there but this is the 85% thing.

If you tell most of A-type athletes to run at their 85% capacity, they will run faster than if you tell them to run at 100%, because it’s more about relaxation, and form, and optimizing the muscles in the right way.​

Focus on form it's an old track term, yeah forget the speed and let form take you there.
It can and does work in certain instances when you're trying to hard.

Not sure hes in our best 22 anymore, he wouldn't be ahead of Narkle,Simpson,Fogarty and Dahlhaus and that's just guys on the sidelines.

Cocky might benefit from adopting the 85% rule. I first heard of it in a conversation between Tim Ferriss and Hugh Jackman. There's a lot of good stuff in there but this is the 85% thing.

If you tell most of A-type athletes to run at their 85% capacity, they will run faster than if you tell them to run at 100%, because it’s more about relaxation, and form, and optimizing the muscles in the right way.​

What a weird post. Cocky has a very relaxed running style when at top speed.

Chris Scott seemed to move away from the comments he made in his Saturday press conference.

In as many words he said that there a more than a few players who would be rightly entitled to feel poorly if he were to leapfrog them for an AFL game at the moment.

Looks to me as though he won't be coming in based off those comments in his post game press conference.
8:10 in the video if anybody is interested.

6 years! Let’s play him!!

I would rather the entertainment seeing it be a huge success or a monumental failure.

To be running around in practice matches and then traded for peanuts is boring.

Time to risk it. This is the season to steal a premiership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extending his contract would be a significant gamble...
Most chronically injured guys never end up getting their body right and living up to something like their potential. Linc McCarthy is one obvious exception.

Heart vs head...
It would break our hearts if Cocky came good somewhere else (Hawthorn, anyone? :eek:), but chances are he wouldn't come good and we would be better off cutting our losses and investing in a kid.

Having said all that, his luck - and the club's - just might have changed.
Would be fantastic to see him run out against the Crows.

Extending his contract would be a significant gamble...
Most chronically injured guys never end up getting their body right and living up to something like their potential. Linc McCarthy is one obvious exception.

Heart vs head...
It would break our hearts if Cocky came good somewhere else (Hawthorn, anyone? :eek:), but chances are he wouldn't come good and we would be better off cutting our losses and investing in a kid.

Having said all that, his luck - and the club's - just might have changed.
Would be fantastic to see him run out against the Crows.
They wouldn’t give him a long term deal. Probably just a one yr contract. Pretty sure he is on a one year deal now. 12 month contract extension last yr if i remember correctly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On talent he gets another year

Completely understand the Cowan/Vardy/Linc comparisons and it can reek of a boys club mentality.

However this guy has more natural ability in his pinky finger than those guys combined. Yes, he's shown little to none of that at AFL level, and certainly not on a consistent basis, but the reasoning is there. You don't give up on a talent of his calibre without a fight.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On talent he gets another year

Completely understand the Cowan/Vardy/Linc comparisons and it can reek of a boys club mentality.

However this guy has more natural ability in his pinky finger than those guys combined. Yes, he's shown little to none of that at AFL level, and certainly not on a consistent basis, but the reasoning is there. You don't give up on a talent of his calibre without a fight.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And yet apart from a few good passages of play I am yet to be dazzled by Cockatoo. Most of the time he has run around like a good natured puppy. Perhaps it is there but too risky to test that out right now.

If list sizes get cut at the end of the year I don't see how the club can possibly justify giving him another contract. Maybe if we delist and then put on the rookie list or something if he gets through to our first rookie selection, but not on the main list surely given the list squeeze.

If list sizes get cut at the end of the year I don't see how the club can possibly justify giving him another contract. Maybe if we delist and then put on the rookie list or something if he gets through to our first rookie selection, but not on the main list surely given the list squeeze.

Don't really disagree with you at all. But I think if he gets through to the end of the year without breaking down (even if he doesn't break into the team), I feel certain they will find a way to keep him at the club.

The club is clearly that beguiled with him it is seriously not funny. Can only hope we finally get to see what they have all been banking on for all these years if he gets an extended opportunity to play in the ones.

Maybe if we delist and then put on the rookie list or something if he gets through to our first rookie selection, but not on the main list surely given the list squeeze.
Hmm - super talented player who has been crocked by chronic injuries? Sounds a perfect fit for the Hawks given their recruiting strategy, we should be able to get a first rounder for him.

On what grounds seriously would he warrant an extension?

If they spent all this time getting him back to fitness... they would have to have some sort of an idea if he has still got it. If they feel all he needs now is full fitness and this year with the virus affects has not been able to bring him to full fitness...

If they see him as a a lost cause then sure .. delist. If the still see him as a better option than who ever we take on to the list with our last pick then they will offer him a contract and try to keep him. Id like to see him play at the level again.

On what grounds seriously would he warrant an extension?
On the grounds that if he plays he'd be guaranteed to be better than the pick 60 we replace him with. If he is expected to play at all next year it'll be more games than we'd expect from any of we draft this year.

I think wrt any player we're unsure we'd be better off offering a 1 year contract this year, then looking to the substantially deeper 2021 draft which will contain all the decent kids who didn't get exposure this year. You're a good chance to be picking up kids who would have been second rounders this year in the 3rd or 4th round even

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back