News Netball new dresses/logos discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And I'm calling it - a netball kits thread. LOL

And no more stupid names like the very confusing Magic team - Waitkato (spelling?)/Bay of Plenty Magic. Are they called the Plenty Magic?
They are called just the Magic. Bay Of Plenty is a place haha

And I'm calling it - a netball kits thread. LOL

And no more stupid names like the very confusing Magic team - Waitkato (spelling?)/Bay of Plenty Magic. Are they called the Plenty Magic?
I a netball graphic designing comp?

The Storm decision to back a team in Queensland has riled up a lot of supporters, especially as the Under 20s, state league alignment and CoE are already located on the Sunshine Coast and the club sold the only home pre-season trial and a home game up there, supposedly due to a lack of funds. The clubs new owners haven't exactly endeared themselves to the locals, most think the club will shift entirely, despite a few half hearted denials.

The Storm decision to back a team in Queensland has riled up a lot of supporters, especially as the Under 20s, state league alignment and CoE are already located on the Sunshine Coast and the club sold the only home pre-season trial and a home game up there, supposedly due to a lack of funds. The clubs new owners haven't exactly endeared themselves to the locals, most think the club will shift entirely, despite a few half hearted denials.

NRL would never allow it unless the money passed through their hands, the TV deal depends on at least a few outside NSW and Qld sides.
Storm also are in cahoots with Easts in Brisbane who also have the rights for the Broncos Leagues Club.

NRL would never allow it unless the money passed through their hands, the TV deal depends on at least a few outside NSW and Qld sides.
Storm also are in cahoots with Easts in Brisbane who also have the rights for the Broncos Leagues Club.
Right now, Storm and the Warriors are the only sides actually outside the greater NSW area/Queensland. The NRL clearly wants a presence in Melbourne, though, given Origins are played here regularly. But it is rather interesting a competition calling itself "National" hasn't got a national presence. Perth are trying to get their team back, but the Central Coast and a second Brisbane team are front runners for any new licence, for some reason.

Perth are trying to get their team back, but the Central Coast and a second Brisbane team are front runners for any new licence, for some reason.
Perth were a casualty of Super League, same as Adelaide. CC will never get a club, hence why the NRL keep pushing back expansion (i.e. for the last 10 years) and Brisbane-2 is likely to be blocked by the Broncos, but is probably the smartest place apart from CQ or Ipswich for another QLD club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right now, Storm and the Warriors are the only sides actually outside the greater NSW area/Queensland. The NRL clearly wants a presence in Melbourne, though, given Origins are played here regularly. But it is rather interesting a competition calling itself "National" hasn't got a national presence. Perth are trying to get their team back, but the Central Coast and a second Brisbane team are front runners for any new licence, for some reason.
Bit like how in the Australian Football League, we have Victorian and Interstate clubs.

Bit like how in the Australian Football League, we have Victorian and Interstate clubs.
We have multiple clubs from every state/territory except Tasmania and NT. Clubs also regularly play home games in both areas that do not have full representation, including GWS, which counts itself as a dual NSW/ACT club. That is a national competition. NRL has clubs in NSW, ACT, Queensland, Victoria (and NZ), and, as far as I am aware, no longer plays any games in SA or WA, as a few clubs used to, and not at all elsewhere. At best, that is "regional" or "semi-national".

We have multiple clubs from every state/territory except Tasmania and NT. Clubs also regularly play home games in both areas that do not have full representation, including GWS, which counts itself as a dual NSW/ACT club. That is a national competition. NRL has clubs in NSW, ACT, Queensland, Victoria (and NZ), and, as far as I am aware, no longer plays any games in SA or WA, as a few clubs used to, and not at all elsewhere. At best, that is "regional" or "semi-national".

There's a least a game a year in WA as far as I can recall and at least once every 2-3 years Adelaide has hosted the occasional game.

Think you might be splitting hairs there. Perth is still covered by games when Souths play a "home game" at NIB each season. Games have been taken to many cities around Australia outside of Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne, as well as many regional, rugby league heartland towns. The "National" name came as part of a compromise when the Australian Rugby League and News Limited agreed to a peace treaty and subsequent partnership after the ARL v Super League war. The AFL may have more "interstate" clubs, as you would be able to if the western states had their own strong state leagues, whilst the NRL has never had major leagues outside of Sydney and Brisbane, yet still have many teams from other states and have had a club in every state except Tasmania at some point throughout the history of the game as well.

I agree but if the NRL had of got a Perth side before the Force it would of worked out just as good as the Storm.
And the Storm are obviously using the Suncoast as a way of attracting extra members. I spoke to a mate of mine who lives in Caloundra and he reckons he gets free games At Brisbane when the storm play there, and apparently the storm will be playing a home game at the stadium in maroochydore next season?

It's the nation's top-flight rugby league competition, hence National.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back