Multiplat NBA 2k20

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2007
Magpieland!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Orlando Magic & Florida Panthers
Couldn't find a thread for this one. But she drops on the 6th of Sept.

Prelude out 1AM AEST Tomorrow (Thurs 22nd, August)

My Career Trailer looks promising - (Not a fan of the sneak peak at the park in the clip, looks alot like the 2k19 park)

Nothing on My Team yet really.

What Edition you getting lads?
I've got the Dwade Legend Edition coming (Cover is pretty cool not gonna lie)

What are you guys hooking into when it comes out?
Gonna check out my team and then head straight into My Career. Went a big man last release thinking the same thing this release.

Mycareer looks as cheesy as ever. I guess it couldnt be any worse than the 'DJ' year. I dunno why they can't just have a normal story about a college kid trying to get drafted without the terrible acting and confected drama.

Last year was a ridiculous boring grind.

That said ... im sure I will preorder and be awake at midnight on Sept 6th waiting for the download to finish.

have already pre ordered.

like the way they've re done the player archetype's and introduced new badges for this version.

MyCareer/Park still seems like you are limited in what you can make which is disappointing... but it will come down to gameplay which has been crap since 2K17.

Might make a defender/slasher this year because patching jump shots every week gets annoying on a shooter

lol 11 hours and no one in Australia / NZ can access the demo.

******* piss poor from 2k.

they give us bullshit servers every year.

always having to put up with lag (when you compare to playing pro clubs on fifa which runs smooth) and now we can't even play the demo.

There is a petition going to really try bring this to attention.

We aren't getting any responses or resolutions on the servers for years now. AUS / NZ need dedicated servers!

Even if we get 5,000 - 10,000 names that's a lot of voices and $$$

There is a petition going to really try bring this to attention.

We aren't getting any responses or resolutions on the servers for years now. AUS / NZ need dedicated servers!

Even if we get 5,000 - 10,000 names that's a lot of voices and $$$

The rec center in 2k19 had a major glitch where you couldn’t play it for months on Aussie server... really is a joke

Mycareer looks as cheesy as ever. I guess it couldnt be any worse than the 'DJ' year. I dunno why they can't just have a normal story about a college kid trying to get drafted without the terrible acting and confected drama.

Last year was a ridiculous boring grind.

That said ... im sure I will preorder and be awake at midnight on Sept 6th waiting for the download to finish.
The worst was the year your character was called Mr President or something.

There was the cut scene where you received a call and the other person says 'Can I speak to the President of Basketball' I turned it off there and then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst was the year your character was called Mr President or something.

There was the cut scene where you received a call and the other person says 'Can I speak to the President of Basketball' I turned it off there and then

Was that the Spike Lee year?

I thought DJ was the worst year. But its splitting hairs.

******* ridiculous, peak 2k
Is there any point to playing online? You are competing with american dudes in college dorms who play 24 hours a day to get their player up to 99.

Not to mention when you do get on court, you can't hit a jump shot cause of the stupid lag.
The rec center in 2k19 had a major glitch where you couldn’t play it for months on Aussie server... really is a joke

Agree 100% with all of that.

We are still on Japanese servers I believe, so stupid.

Chuck your name on the petition and share it around, see if we can get some momentum with this.

We spend good money for the game and in some cases on VC in game, least they can do is give us our own server

Agree 100% with all of that.

We are still on Japanese servers I believe, so stupid.

Chuck your name on the petition and share it around, see if we can get some momentum with this.

We spend good money for the game and in some cases on VC in game, least they can do is give us our own server

Signed it, but I honestly couldn't care less about online stuff.

All I want to do is play offline. The game was so good up until like 2k14. Now it is just a ridiculously boring grind. I read somewhere that it would take 12 years, full 82 game season, on HOF difficulty to get to 99.

I don't really care about the microtransactions, I had heaps of free VC in 2k19 to the point that I didn't know what to do with it. It's the completely prohibitive time they expect you to invest in the game that I wish they would change (but know they won't).

All I want to do is play offline. The game was so good up until like 2k14. Now it is just a ridiculously boring grind. I read somewhere that it would take 12 years, full 82 game season, on HOF difficulty to get to 99.

I don't really care about the microtransactions, I had heaps of free VC in 2k19 to the point that I didn't know what to do with it. It's the completely prohibitive time they expect you to invest in the game that I wish they would change (but know they won't).

12 Years!? holy crap.

yeah they definitely need to refine that.

Another problem is they put too much money into getting D list Celebrities to make their endless cutscenes rather than focus on game play.. mycareer is so s**t now agree with the person that said they should go back to college/draft format that is actually fun and realistic.

Another problem is they put too much money into getting D list Celebrities to make their endless cutscenes rather than focus on game play.. mycareer is so s**t now agree with the person that said they should go back to college/draft format that is actually fun and realistic.

I think the gameplay is pretty damn good - its just they add in all this other stuff that makes you want to throw the controller at the screen. I think one of the reasons why people get so fired up about the game, is because it could be 'so' good ... if they just made some really simple changes.

Like (just one of many examples), if i want to change my hair cut ... don't make me 'jog' across the ghost town and then go through a pointless cut scene - just to do something that could be easily done via a menu.

I think the gameplay is pretty damn good - its just they add in all this other stuff that makes you want to throw the controller at the screen. I think one of the reasons why people get so fired up about the game, is because it could be 'so' good ... if they just made some really simple changes.

Like (just one of many examples), if i want to change my hair cut ... don't make me 'jog' across the ghost town and then go through a pointless cut scene - just to do something that could be easily done via a menu.
I think the game play has taken a step back since 2K17, 2K19 felt very stiff and the art of cutting to the basket was basically useless

You’re capped at 95 without playing online this year I think too, so have to grind in the park for that 99

You’re capped at 95 without playing online this year I think too, so have to grind in the park for that 99

For me though, its not necessarily just about the rating of 99. In 2k19 ... you would play 50 games (which takes most people about 6 weeks at least), finally level up ... and your reward is mid range jumpshot increase of 75-77 and vertical 65-66. It's insulting.

I played a lot of mycareer, as I always do, at least 10-15 full games a week and only reached 92 when i deleted it this morning. But once you get to about 89, you just hit a brick wall and it becomes ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back