red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Probably due its own thread.

All shows can be viewed online at http://www.nbcsports.com/poker/feature1.html, including Director's Cuts of each week.

This week's Friday episode is now up.

phildonkamentsau7.jpg

And if you thought a WSOP bracelet means something, Jennifer Tilly has disproved that theory (although she does get rivered three times on Friday).

Re: Poker After Dark on NBC

She made a few mistakes, but she wasn't that bad for someone relatively new to poker. She made two main mistakes, obviously checking behind Antonius at the river while holding the third nuts, and not calling Gordon's second bluff at the pot. If Gordon was called, I think he'd have had some sort of nervous fit.

Ivey was boring, as usual. Sits there, plays tight, plays well, but offers nothing. He was pretty funny at times, but the lack of interest and indifference he displays for the whole tournament detracts from the show.

Harman was good. So was Antonius. I liked him trying to recount the story about TonyG blasting Ralph Perry in the intercontinental poker championships after Perry called an all in with King Jack. He should just stick to modelling and playing poker :thumbsu:

Shana seemed very fiesty too. She was very hot.

She made a few mistakes, but she wasn't that bad for someone relatively new to poker. She made two main mistakes, obviously checking behind Antonius at the river while holding the third nuts

I don't buy the new to poker angle. She has a bracelet and over $300k in tournament winnings and is banging Una.

Not only did she check the river on that hand, she checked the turn also. What I thought was just as bad was when Ivey or maybe Lingren shoved and she says "I call, I'm all-in, oh I guess that's a call." She's played enough poker to not get so excited when she picks up a hand and mince her words like a total noob.

In other news, the amount of times Ivey got 7-2o was amazing. I think it's 4 times on Friday alone (so far), and I'm only up to Segment 4.

To be honest, nobody got a great run of cards. Tilly probably had the best cards of the lot, but she also took a few badish beats.

Tilly was very newbish, I personally put it down to nerves. She isn't a pro poker player, and IMO wouldn't play dedicated games with professional players often, especially on TV. She even conceded at the end that she was playing with her poker idols. She would have read Gordon's books, been hot for Antonius, looked up to Harman greatly and been daunted by Ivey. I'm sure she was also impressed by Lindgren's smug grin.

Yeah you're right. She would have some experience on TV, but that does take things to a different level.

I'm only criticising her cos she made mistakes that I do myself!

Yeah, there'd be a big difference in winning the women's bracelet and playing with the likes of Ivey, Lindgren, and Harman et al.

wow
nice runner runners for both harman and ivey

thats unlucky...she could of had chips to do something

Yeah, there'd be a big difference in winning the women's bracelet and playing with the likes of Ivey, Lindgren, and Harman et al.

Similar to Gold when he played in the world champion episode, against Brunson, Chan, Mortensen, Ferguson and Moneymaker. Apart from Moneymaker (it didn't matter because he playing ultra tight), every player a world ahead of the average tournament scrub that you can milk a chiplead off. Gold was good in the world series once he got the lead, but its hard to do it short handed against veterans.

k,j about 100 times:confused:

tilly sucked out a 3rd time

each time she was 80% on the flop or turn to win...lol

How funny is Antonious talking about Tony G vs Perry. (A2 v KJ) where Tony rips him to pieces.
Haha funny.

lol
it was hilarious because NO ONE could understand the dribble exiting his mouth

His skills at recounting stories in English don't quite match his poker skills or his looks, unfortunately. I think Shana still wanted a piece, though.

Speaking of Shana, when is she gonna start playing. In Kaplan-esque style like in HSP, get Shana to play in one of the games, and have Shannon Elizabeth or some other hottie to do the interviews.

She'd play just as well as Gordon, methinks.

Speaking of Shana, when is she gonna start playing. In Kaplan-esque style like in HSP, get Shana to play in one of the games, and have Shannon Elizabeth or some other hottie to do the interviews.

She played on some show in the US I think... I don't know if we get it, but it was with the pros.

She apparently plays a lot online.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New eps up. TonyG, Farha, ivey, Matusow and Hellmuth and andy block.

Hellmuth has some terrible slick backed hair.

Tuesday's episode is up. All chick poker is not as good as I would have hoped.

Clownie (sic) Gowen fails to consider that while her opponents can't see how's she's full of BS, the public can. She's a shocking player.

Haven't watched wednesday's episode, but wow, how the **** did Chad Brown go about getting into Vanessa Rousso's pants. I'd like to know how!

I guess the whole washed up actor thing works, eh?

The more I watch Clonie Gowen, the more I hate her. She's trash.

Of course I'd still let her **** me for blow.

But I wouldn't kiss her. The thought makes me feel dirty.

Hate Clownie for life now. Such a classless zombie skeeter whore*.

Her demeanour, her etiquette, her face, all get a big :thumbsdown: from me.

And when she puts someone all in, she insists on showing her cards last. I wouldn't fall for that, ol' Clownie baby.

* - borrowed these terms from elsewhere, I just happen to agree with other people's opinions on her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back