Admin Notice ND Speaks Out - League Simmer/Posters accusations - Important notice Please Read

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Lately, we have seen a lot of distrust and accusations levelled at our league simmers and match posters.

These accusations include:
  • That the Simmers are manipulating outcomes
  • That games are being re simmed until desired result is being achieved.
  • That the simmers are targeting certain teams or posters.
Qooty is a fundamental concept of our game, without it, there would be no Sweet FA and without the Simmers and Match Posters volunteering their time on the weekend, there would be no qooty.

The role of the simmer has now changed, we do not have one single simmer running every game, nor are simmers permitted to sim their own matches.

I have been in the Simmers committee since S24 when I joined as a mere match poster and I can tell you now I have never once seen any simmer or poster even joke about rigging any games.

Admittedly, it’s not entirely possible to ensure a simmer was 100% honest and did not re-sim any game they were assigned. That is why only the most trustworthy posters are allowed to sim, or even post SFA matches. If any simmer was caught cheating or trying to cheat, they would be out of the Simming committee faster than you can say the letters "SFA",

Now, I’ve been lenient on Simmer accusations of cheating this season, but recently, it has crossed a line where individuals are being singled out and targeted and accused of rigging games. Personally, it’s a s**t line to cross. How do you expect anyone to put their hand up to volunteer if they are just going to be accused of not being honest? When I started in the committee, it was difficult enough to get people to sim and post games. Times have changed now and we have a bunch of people interested in taking up the role and I would hate to see that change again.

Effective immediately, you are all on notice. Anyone singling out simmers/posters and accusing them of rigging games/manipulating results will be charged with Bringing the Game into Disrepute and will face potential suspensions from league games.

Now, before you all start crying about “SNOWFLAKES” or “LEAGUE HAS GONE SOFT” or “CANCEL CULTURE”, this is not a new thing. Accusing simmers of cheating has ALWAYS been frowned upon and there is even a precedence of posters being put on notice for a similar offence.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...nt-simmer-solution-and-league-notice.1101769/

Last edited:
Lately, we have seen a lot of distrust and accusations levelled at our league simmers and match posters.

Qooty is a fundamental concept of our game, without it, there would be no Sweet FA and without the Simmers and Match Posters volunteering their time on the weekend, there would be no qooty.

Now I am not going to sit here and say that in 32 odd seasons, there has not been any cheating by any simmer. It is well known that boncer34 simmed his team to a Grand Final and himself to a Deestroy in S19, my own team were on the receiving end of that.

The role of the simmer has now changed, we do not have one single simmer running every game, nor are simmers permitted to sim their own matches.

I have been in the Simmers committee since S24 when I joined as a mere match poster and I can tell you now I have never once seen any simmer or poster even joke about rigging any games.

Admittedly, it’s not entirely possible to ensure a simmer was 100% honest and did not re-sim any game they were assigned. That is why only the most trustworthy posters are allowed to sim, or even post SFA matches. If any simmer was caught cheating or trying to cheat, they would be out of the Simming committee faster than you can say the letters "SFA",

Now, I’ve been lenient on Simmer accusations of cheating this season, but recently, it has crossed a line where individuals are being singled out and targeted and accused of rigging games. Personally, it’s a sh*t line to cross. How do you expect anyone to put their hand up to volunteer if they are just going to be accused of not being honest? When I started in the committee, it was difficult enough to get people to sim and post games. Times have changed now and we have a bunch of people interested in taking up the role and I would hate to see that change again.

Effective immediately, you are all on notice. Anyone singling out simmers/posters and accusing them of rigging games/manipulating results will be charged with Bringing the Game into Disrepute and will face potential suspensions from league games.

Now, before you all start crying about “SNOWFLAKES” or “LEAGUE HAS GONE SOFT” or “CANCEL CULTURE”, this is not a new thing. Accusing simmers of cheating has ALWAYS been frowned upon and there is even a precedence of posters being put on notice for a similar offence.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...nt-simmer-solution-and-league-notice.1101769/

Does that mean we can’t even joke about Faceless Men or SIMmers always posting losses for Team B or D?

Now I am not going to sit here and say that in 32 odd seasons, there has not been any cheating by any simmer. It is well known that boncer34 simmed his team to a Grand Final and himself to a Deestroy in S19, my own team were on the receiving end of that.

Now, I’ve been lenient on Simmer accusations of cheating this season, but recently, it has crossed a line where individuals are being singled out and targeted and accused of rigging games. Personally, it’s a sh*t line to cross. How do you expect anyone to put their hand up to volunteer if they are just going to be accused of not being honest? When I started in the committee, it was difficult enough to get people to sim and post games. Times have changed now and we have a bunch of people interested in taking up the role and I would hate to see that change again.

YAAAAWWWNNNNNN.

Good to see. This has currently been the softest stance against accusations of simmer misconduct in the league's history until now.

No,

It means posters can't go singling out individual simmers or posters and accusing them of cheating.
Wait ... ok it's still the softest stance.

In the past they'd be on notice simply for generally accusing the simmer group across the board of cheating.

If this focus is on only situations where a specific simmer in particular must be targetted, then that's a tepid reaction.

In the past they'd be on notice simply for generally accusing the simmer group across the board of cheating.

If this focus is on only situations where a specific simmer in particular must be targetted, then that's a tepid reaction.

Couldn’t agree more mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is well known that @boncer34 simmed his team to a Grand Final and himself to a Deestroy in S19, my own team were on the receiving end of that.
Lol

Shut up you cheat :).

Shut up you cheat :).
4oWAIno.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back