Media NEW: The Limburger Files Returns - Sniff Test - Part II - ND

Remove this Banner Ad

TheLimburgerFiles.png

The Limburger Files with damicky – damicky digs deep to explore the annals of Sweet FA history, as he applies the sniff test to some of the league’s most unsavoury moments. While doing as little research as humanly possible, he interviews the chief protagonists for details and sometimes, he even gets answers
- TheInjuryFactory

Cheese: Hi Jabba73 👋

Thanks for joining me for a look back at the infamous Sniff Test

First of all, congratulations on making the shortlist for the upcoming Admin Election

Jabba: Thanks Cheese. It has been quite a journey since the infamous snub, it has only taken another 3 seasons to get a chance to throw my hat in the ring.

Looking forward to finally being judged by the good people of the SFA ... and the others as well. Just hoping they look at the application in full and not dismiss it out of hand like last time.

Cheese: You have waited patiently for 3 Seasons since Former Admin NaturalDisaster said this:

Hello all,

Admin applications closed last night and I received several quality applications.

A total of 4 candidates will run in this seasons election (There was a 5th, but it didn’t pass the sniff test).

Did ND give you any feedback regarding your application prior to his announcement?

Jabba: Given the reaction by the rest of the competition once they finally got what they demanded, which was a chance to view my application, the general consensus was NaturalDisaster must have had a blocked nose at the time of the "sniffing".

The dismissive tone of the announcement "received several quality applications" which insinuates he didn't rate mine then referring to me as "it" instead of him or they says it all really.

The real disappointment was the lack of genuine follow up prior to being dismissed as an option. I was given some supplementary questions to answer and the announcement was made before 8.00am the next morning that I had been left off the shortlist ... less than 24 hours from when the questions were posed.

It has been a long three seasons which I have used productively to ensure I am ready for anything this time around.

Cheese: Do you think that ND’s decision had anything to do with you being a Bombers Player?

Jabba: That would be the easy answer, however you would need to ask him as he hasn't been able to explain his actions, which was a fitting end to his reign as Admin.

Given the various other incidents I was the target of throughout that season, such as the Match Thread OP fiasco, this pattern of behaviour could be mistaken for an agenda being enacted to exclude me from participating in the SFA, rather than the sheer incompetence we all knew and loved him for.

Cheese: I thought you handled the situation extremely well under the circumstances

You have come back much better prepared this time around

Do you think that ND did you a favour by making you wait another 18 months?

Jabba: There really wasn't much point in spoiling the Admin race for the rest of the applicants, I promised to try again next time and here we are.

Ironically, had I been allowed to put my name forward last time, I am unlikely to have got close to Kennedy Parker and I may not be trying again this time. I have used the time between ballots to improve my knowledge of the SFA and participate in more of the activities that help make my application even stronger.

In a strange way, NaturalDisaster did do me a favour by giving me another 3 seasons in the SFA and increased my profile by trying to kill off my Admin ambitions last time.

No problems with the process being followed correctly this time either. I was asked some follow up questions prior to my application being put up for consideration. Pleasantly surprised at being given more than 24 hours to respond appropriately too, that was a nice change.

There is a good range of choices available for consideration this time, trust that the people will choose the right person for the job.

Cheese: It sounds like KP has been more reasonable to deal with

Do you have any final words for ND on this topic?

Jabba: Kennedy Parker has been much more reasonable, not a hard claim to make after the bar was set very low. I have only had 2 Admins in my time here and the difference between them is stark. I would be hoping to learn from both and know both what to do and what not to do.

At the time I was very disappointed with NaturalDisaster for dismissing my application, in hindsight he has made me a better candidate by giving me time to find more ways to make this place better other than just not being like him. So I thank him for making another error that has somewhat paradoxically had the opposite effect to what he intended.

Cheese: Thanks for joining me, Jabba

All the best in the Admin Election

Jabba: Thanks for inviting me, I encourage all SFA members to have their say on who will run the league for the next 3 seasons. Talk to your LG and ask questions if you are not sure.

Coming soon: ND has his say ... will he finally apologise?

This interview was more about NaturalDisaster than it was Jabba73! 😂
It was about the turning point in my quest to become Admin. Of course it all goes back to the infamous league wide disapproval of the decision taken to deny me the opportunity to be heard fairly.
What a waste of an opportunity for JabbJabb to promote his campaign.
This is not free advertising space, it is an interview about past incidents.

Not much will sway the good people of the SFA now, as the organised ones like the Baghdad Bombers will already have decided their votes.

The Limburger Files with damicky – damicky digs deep to explore the annals of Sweet FA history, as he applies the sniff test to some of the league’s most unsavoury moments. While doing as little research as humanly possible, he interviews the chief protagonists for details and sometimes, he even gets answers
- @TheInjuryFactory
Highlight of the thread. Simply majestic 🙌

It was about the turning point in my quest to become Admin. Of course it all goes back to the infamous league wide disapproval of the decision taken to deny me the opportunity to be heard fairly.

This is not free advertising space, it is an interview about past incidents.

Not much will sway the good people of the SFA now, as the organised ones like the Baghdad Bombers will already have decided their votes.
No, as your campaign manager I implore you not to give up.

In the Dragons PM we have supporters of all four candidates in our ranks (yes, including you!), so make sure you continue to give them reason to support your cause. No need to plead foul over incompetence in the past - instead focus on the future and promote your vision.

No, as your campaign manager I implore you not to give up.

In the Dragons PM we have supporters of all four candidates in our ranks (yes, including you!), so make sure you continue to give them reason to support your cause. No need to plead foul over incompetence in the past - instead focus on the future and promote your vision.
I haven’t given up. In fact, I am heartened by the other 3 candidates all endorsing me as the best person to help them if they were successful in gaining the role.

If the other candidates are so complimentary, it may mean that others also see my potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Press Conference Kermit GIF

I'm not reading a thread titled sniff test Jabba

You weren’t around when this happened

Read it … you might even learn something

*remember to leave a positive react on the OP

Sniff Test - Part II - ND
With the Admin Announcement due any minute just happening, here is NaturalDisaster 's side of the story:

TheLimburgerFiles.png

Cheese: Hi ND 👋🏼

Thanks for joining me for a look back at the infamous Sniff Test

ND: Thanks damicky

Cheese: Can you tell us why you rejected Jabba73 ’s Application?

ND: There were a few reasons:

Parts of his application were incomprehensible and showed that he, at the time was unable to differ between the administrator role and the role of a moderator. I also sent him follow up questions, to which he did not give a response in the time I had asked.

By that time he had only been in the league since S31, which is no where near enough time to be considered for admin. PMBangers was in a similar position where he had only been here since S30, but the difference was he had committee experience by this time and put forward a pretty decent application. Jabba had zero committee experience when he applied for admin, he had not been in the simming committee nor had he done any volunteer roles for the league.

Lastly, I was not sure if it was actually a serious application or whether it was just a Bomber troll.

We already had 4 applicants and I felt it would be a waste of everyone's time to allow a fifth when they were very little chance to actually get the role.

Cheese: Did you give Jabba a reasonable amount of time to answer the follow up questions?

Given your previous response, would it have even mattered what he said??

ND: He had about a day, to at least give me a "I'll have your answers soon", but he did not even do that.

24 hours was probably a bit harsh tbf, but remember I also wasn't sure if it was a serious application (even that he could not give an answer for)

Cheese: Why didn’t you just ask him if he was serious about wanting to be Admin?

ND: I did and he did not give me an answer

Cheese: You were part of a gang "Club" that despised The Bombers

Was the Sniff Test really just an excuse to prevent one of their Players from getting their name on the Ballot Paper?

ND: No, I never let membership of any group interfere in my admining.

Cheese: Jabba has been given an opportunity this time around

Do you have any advice for him as we approach the Admin Announcement?

ND: Why only Jabba and not the other candidates?

anyway, my advice is:

Homer Simpson Never Try GIF - Homer Simpson Never Try You Tried Your Best GIFs

But in all seriousness, his application this time around was much better, and he now has committee experience and has been around for a decent length of time.

50 game milestone threads still suck though

Cheese: Are you ready apologise for how you handled the situation?

ND: Oh I'm not apologising.

but consider my acknowledgement of his improved application to be somewhat an apology, but not really an apology.

Cheese: I am sure that Jabba will appreciate your kind words

Thanks for your time, ND

ND: No problem damicky

Last edited:
@PMBangers was in a similar position where he had only been here since S30, but the difference was he had committee experience by this time and put forward a pretty decent application
Decent? DECENT!

It was damn near perfect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back