NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you have broadbeach way too high.. Aspley are no chance for the spoon and i am willing to have a wager with anyone. IMO i think spoon will come from broady, GC or lions

what odds will you give me Big E for broady to finish higher than Aspley?

According to the SA board, Pfeiffer went back to Norwood as he still has AFL ambitions and that was not going to happen from the Qld league.

I thought the QAFL (now NEAFL) had moved forward, I know the AFLQ talent pathway has become a running joke among recuiters (funny story running around football circles where during one Qld under 18 game the recruiters as a group picked up their clipboards and left early in the game leaving barely anyone watching) but this mess may now be rubbing off on the State league reputation as well.

I think work will have to be done to change perceptions again.

According to the SA board, Pfeiffer went back to Norwood as he still has AFL ambitions and that was not going to happen from the Qld league.

I thought the QAFL (now NEAFL) had moved forward, I know the AFLQ talent pathway has become a running joke among recuiters (funny story running around football circles where during one Qld under 18 game the recruiters as a group picked up their clipboards and left early in the game leaving barely anyone watching) but this mess may now be rubbing off on the State league reputation as well.

I think work will have to be done to change perceptions again.

Recruiters spent little time in Queensland because they couldn't touch the players anyway due to the rules attached to GC priorities rather than a lack of talent.
In the case of Pfeiffer he didn't have a lot of watchers - he was relying on GC being interested and they weren't interested in any mature age players in the comp as they have shown with their selections.

Its harsh to say that the footy hasn't gone forward and the type of player coming into the comp hasn't improved. The older ex AFL players have been coming back into the comp Rogers, White, Shattock etc then add players like Clouston, Dzufer, O'Shea and now Howard, Yoshiura, Hooper etc. The kids coming through are improving in quality. We need to develop the piece in the middle now and our competition will continue to grow. It takes time and resources to do this - indicators show that as the bar gets raised by the league the clubs are rising to the level.

It will be a good year of footy under the new banner and with a lot of footy to be played. Reckon it is going in the right direction.

Recruiters spent little time in Queensland because they couldn't touch the players anyway due to the rules attached to GC priorities rather than a lack of talent.
In the case of Pfeiffer he didn't have a lot of watchers - he was relying on GC being interested and they weren't interested in any mature age players in the comp as they have shown with their selections.

Its harsh to say that the footy hasn't gone forward and the type of player coming into the comp hasn't improved. The older ex AFL players have been coming back into the comp Rogers, White, Shattock etc then add players like Clouston, Dzufer, O'Shea and now Howard, Yoshiura, Hooper etc. The kids coming through are improving in quality. We need to develop the piece in the middle now and our competition will continue to grow. It takes time and resources to do this - indicators show that as the bar gets raised by the league the clubs are rising to the level.

It will be a good year of footy under the new banner and with a lot of footy to be played. Reckon it is going in the right direction.

GC should have picked Pheiffer instead of Nathan Ablett.

I watched Pfeiffer play 6-7 times last year and firmly believe that he does not have any attribute that an AFL club would find appealling. Sure he is a good tough solid state league player, but doesn't take a huge grab, kick it 65 metres, run like the wind and is not 6 foot 5- no "x factor". He is not the son of a AFL player which is bad luck for him and he is not indigenous/south pacific islander either, which I believe assists with getting drafted.

Lucky to be in the best 5 in QAFL and probably not in the best 15 in SANFL IMO. Wise and Payne better footballers at Southport. Lillico in his prime a better footballer. Gough, Zorko, Carse and C Ilett also better last year.

I am a bit surprised that GC Suns did not try and find a Podsiadly as for mine they seem a bit light on for goalkicking forwards. Cleve Hughes showed a bit but I reckon there must be other options in WAFL and SANFL.

The three stand out footballers in the QAFL last year were Pfeiffer, Illett and Clarke they dominated the competition.They also performed consistently right across the season.This was how the opposing coaches saw it in planning as well.

Saw Pfeiffer more than 6 or 7 times, easily the most dangerous Southport player and best performed, was restricted by roles and instructions, took mark of the year on the wing mid season even though he was told not to fly for marks, he is also quick with a big motor.Very unlucky to not win due recognition.

Needs to keep his attitude right and stay healthy might reopen the door in the SANFL.

Hughes showed enough for someone needing a ready made KPF.

But unfortunately according to other posters in this forum recruiters weren't watching the QAFL in 2010 because of the Suns.

The three stand out footballers in the QAFL last year were Pfeiffer, Illett and Clarke they dominated the competition.They also performed consistently right across the season.This was how the opposing coaches saw it in planning as well.

Saw Pfeiffer more than 6 or 7 times, easily the most dangerous Southport player and best performed, was restricted by roles and instructions, took mark of the year on the wing mid season even though he was told not to fly for marks, he is also quick with a big motor.Very unlucky to not win due recognition.

Needs to keep his attitude right and stay healthy might reopen the door in the SANFL.

Hughes showed enough for someone needing a ready made KPF.

But unfortunately according to other posters in this forum recruiters weren't watching the QAFL in 2010 because of the Suns.

Wise won the league medal, Carse second. I agree I should have included Clarke, he really set Lab up with run and good disposal. Interesting that Howard and Paterson received more Grogan votes but for mine Clarke more important for Lab. I also liked the look of Page from Mt Gravatt the 4-5 times I saw him but I noticed no votes and we know what Gilliland is capable of. Zorko a standout in an average team and may have got more votes if he didn't get twice suspended and give it to the umps every week.

I hope I am proven wrong about Pfeiffer, and I agree he was often the first target of opposing coaches-maybe thats why Wise often did as he pleased. I still do not think he has that elite attribute that the AFL recruiters want. Has a good tank but Carse runs harder than anyone. GWS need a list of 50 so I guess that helps.

Pretty sure GC Suns had a right to list zone priority picks from QAFL and therefore pointless for other clubs to follow standout performers up here in 2010.

The clubs will up the ante with the NEAFL and the AFL is continuing to pump plenty of $$$ into schools and Auskick up here and so the amount of draftees players coming out of QLD (and NSW) will steadily increase in the coming years.

Agree with those assessments 100% Howard77.

Good luck to Pfief in SA but I dont think it will help his chances to be honest.

Does anyone know if Southport have recruited a replacement mid for next season yet? Havent heard much from them at all to be honest. Very quiet...

Sorry guys but don't use the Grogan medal results to justify any claims, would think on analysis the results are embarrasing.Probably better to call it Australian Idol more important to be popular to a particular demographic.
One of the issues that need fixing in this league.

Otherwise your views have merit howard77.

I am hopeful the lift to the NEAFL will see mature age players recognised in our leaugue.

Not so sure the $$$ being input translate into drafting results unless the programmes are planned and managed correctly but that is for other threads.

Agree with those assessments 100% Howard77.

Good luck to Pfief in SA but I dont think it will help his chances to be honest.

Does anyone know if Southport have recruited a replacement mid for next season yet? Havent heard much from them at all to be honest. Very quiet...

Hawkins back from cooly to the sharks.

Hawkins back from cooly to the sharks.

Hawkins a top QAFL player in his prime- it may have gone past him now.

What about Chippa Carmody, will he go on? I noticed he played twos a couple of times last year, he reads the game as well as anyone but now his lack of pace gets exposed at times. Cotter will no doubt unearth 1 or 2 between now and round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its been a bit quiet on recruiting news!! any new signings? have sharks picked up anyone? has eagle been sighted at the cats? whats happening with mt gravatt few players on the move..

its been a bit quiet on recruiting news!! any new signings? have sharks picked up anyone? has eagle been sighted at the cats? whats happening with mt gravatt few players on the move..

Really Quiet!!! My theory on this is that clubs are keeping their cards very close to their chests, not sure if it because of the start of the NEAFL or what. I know for fact the GC clubs have all been quite active behind the scenes(and I am sure the Bris clubs are the same). Lab apparently have about 6 or 8 coming up from country vic and I know Southport have a couple coming up too. Eagle and Hooper training at Cats with one or two other handy pick ups.

I have not heard much about Bris clubs except Brown and Spackman to M'side and Corrie and Howard to Redland.

Have Aspley got anyone?
Mt Gravatt?

Really Quiet!!! My theory on this is that clubs are keeping their cards very close to their chests, not sure if it because of the start of the NEAFL or what. I know for fact the GC clubs have all been quite active behind the scenes(and I am sure the Bris clubs are the same). Lab apparently have about 6 or 8 coming up from country vic and I know Southport have a couple coming up too. Eagle and Hooper training at Cats with one or two other handy pick ups.

I have not heard much about Bris clubs except Brown and Spackman to M'side and Corrie and Howard to Redland.

Have Aspley got anyone?
Mt Gravatt?

I've heard its actually been a very active year already in the recruits department, but the aflq.com.au website has been either to busy or lazy to report any of the news.

We all know players such as Corrie have signed with a new club, and draftee's Howard and Spackman have returned to their clubs of origin. Surely this type of news is worthy of an article, but apparently not according the AFLQ?

Racking my brain on what the Aflq community could do to help flood victims. Thought about maybe a game between Div 1 and 2 premiers of 2010, being Morningside v's Noosa with all proceeds to go to the relief effort. I know it there is a big diiference between the comps, but think it would generate some interest. Players pay 10 dollars to participate and 5 dollar general admission. Both clubs provide volunteers for match day operations. Game played at Morningside to maximise supporter potential, one week before season and heavily promoted by Aflq. Thoughts people?

Racking my brain on what the Aflq community could do to help flood victims. Thought about maybe a game between Div 1 and 2 premiers of 2010, being Morningside v's Noosa with all proceeds to go to the relief effort. I know it there is a big diiference between the comps, but think it would generate some interest. Players pay 10 dollars to participate and 5 dollar general admission. Both clubs provide volunteers for match day operations. Game played at Morningside to maximise supporter potential, one week before season and heavily promoted by Aflq. Thoughts people?

Appluse for the idea but Panthers play Thunder in round 1 of Champions League week before season kick off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back