NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

what's the big deal honestly. i am sure this hs happened plaenty of times over the years. past player of that club and on such a big day for that club, why not release him for a week and let his go play for them on a big day

I haven't heard of this happening before Damo, maybe it was part of his contract at the start of the year.

And to Dogmatic your NEAFL reserves are playing this weekend I made no reference to him playing in the SEAQFL. And with his form he should be playing as much football with the club that he is conracted I would of thought
icon4.gif

I haven't heard of this happening before Damo, maybe it was part of his contract at the start of the year.

And to Dogmatic your NEAFL reserves are playing this weekend I made no reference to him playing in the SEAQFL. And with his form he should be playing as much football with the club that he is conracted I would of thought
icon4.gif

geez you're making a mountain out of a molehill here.

icon4.gif
Some homework required BD. NEAFL reserve grade IS SEQAFL Cup.

tips

Mt Gravatt - Eastlake
Morningside - Labrador
Redland - NT Thunder
Lions - Suns

icon4.gif

BD, lighten up sunshine - its only a game of footy at the end of the day its not life and death, I think it is an honour for Travis to be given the No 1 ticket holder position at his first club of choice and through that he is doing what all good club people do - that is putting his time and effort back into the grass roots area of his first football club - I am sure Aspley are just happy that he is playing football this week, whether it be with the Dags or Chelsea (to an estimated crowd 10 fold than what they will get at the Hornets) he is still playing - and good on him, he (travis) and The Aspley FC should be praised rather than condemed for the compassion shown to this unusual but terrific set of circumstances. Take note all other clubs, players are your players not your possessions, this outcome in my opinion is great for our game of AFL Football.

tips

Mt Gravatt - Eastlake
Morningside - Labrador
Redland - NT Thunder
Lions - Suns

Eastlake
Morningside
Thunder
Suns

Correction for Round 5 NEAFL preview which appears on website

Thunder beat Redlands by 34 points at Alice in 2011, not the other way around
Last week it incorrectly stated Labrador beat Thunder in Darwin in 2010
Only NEAFL side to win against home team in Darwin is Morningside

As a curiosity does anyone know the names of the 7 top-up players for the Suns last week for the game against Morningside at Carrara, certainly some quality players there !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BD, You obviously have not played much footy or you were not much good or much liked if you did - some of my best mates whom I met while playing footy I have for life. Some went on to play at the top level, some moved on to find their level and some played with that same club for all of their playing days.
Knowing where you come from and to be respected by your peers for that is a huge honour in itself - yes I agree it is not about AFL football down at Chelsea Heights its all about what has been achieved through AFL football and its about being honoured for these achievments throughout his career.

I am sure that some of us who played the game and who are now retired if we did not, would have loved to have played one last game with our first club of origin if we were offered that opportunity.

TJ's Beasty I am not, a club fruit fly I am also not - what I am, is a Fan of AFL Footy at all levels and I have played a bit of footy in my former youth - so good news stories such as Trav's gives me heart in footy humanity.

Roadkill, not much else to talk about these days, news is very sparce comming out of the NEAFL, as for un-educated and waffling on, you are an expert on that issue - check your own posts.
Opinion is what it is about if you dont like it dont read it.

BD, You obviously have not played much footy or you were not much good or much liked if you did - some of my best mates whom I met while playing footy I have for life. Some went on to play at the top level, some moved on to find their level and some played with that same club for all of their playing days.
Knowing where you come from and to be respected by your peers for that is a huge honour in itself - yes I agree it is not about AFL football down at Chelsea Heights its all about what has been achieved through AFL football and its about being honoured for these achievments throughout his career.

I am sure that some of us who played the game and who are now retired if we did not, would have loved to have played one last game with our first club of origin if we were offered that opportunity.

TJ's Beasty I am not, a club fruit fly I am also not - what I am, is a Fan of AFL Footy at all levels and I have played a bit of footy in my former youth - so good news stories such as Trav's gives me heart in footy humanity.
You mention TJ and mates that went on to play at the top level and youth, I think we're just a very ordinary footballer at junior lever who wishes he could have played senior footy and would be a name dropper in conversations when talking about footy. Come NEAFL give us something else talk about.

Suns in a close one.
Labrador to finish Morningside's season.
Thunder in a close one.Redlands without Charselworth and Pullman short on troops.
Mt Gravatt.Could be their only win of the season.

Whilst I dont quite agree with comments about Mt Gravatt Staminade, regretably I have to concede tha match is going to be season defining one...if we loose, we may as well pack up and go fishing....!!! :(

Suns in a close one.
Labrador to finish Morningside's season.
Thunder in a close one.Redlands without Charselworth and Pullman short on troops.
Mt Gravatt.Could be their only win of the season.

Siders to concentrate on the Foxtel Cup? Into final 8...

Siders to concentrate on the Foxtel Cup? Into final 8...

Caught the 1st half of Morningside and Labrador.Left at half time and game was all over.Labrador kicked amazingly strait to have 15/2 on the board.Morningside slow,fat and unfit.Arguing with each other,all not well.Labrador were really good.Mat Clarke,Davey and Patterson best from what I saw.
Tasie footy must be real crap when last years Premiers in Launceston got beaten by this Morningside team.

Heidelberg gave dale and danny nolan a clearance for a week to go play for mayne 4 years ago against springwood. so really who cares if he was given a clearance to go play a game down there. talk about a beat up, you sound like someone who couldn't get a game for the club and you're pissed off

Wonder what the ramifications would be if Payne got inj yest playing for Rosebud?

Whilst I dont quite agree with comments about Mt Gravatt Staminade, regretably I have to concede tha match is going to be season defining one...if we loose, we may as well pack up and go fishing....!!! :(

You will beat Morningside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back