New AFL video game announced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, was it really that long ago that it was announced?!?!?! I'm still pumped for this game, no matter what. I'm thinking of getting out the PS2 and playing the old games for a bit.

Loved '04, in the ruck, Stafford grabs, boots (never gets tackled), Ottens marks, GUNBARREL STRAIGHT.

Damn excited for this, play Madden a lot and (whilst not expecting the same quality) want some AFL action. Pitiful how little info there is, what sort of hype are they trying to do? You have to market a game to sell it right????:thumbsdown:

Premiership edition was easily the best imo. Custom jerseys, passable gameplay (compared to others) and stats. If the difficulty levels could have been turned up a bit more it would have actually been alright. The last game (07??) had potential for the gameplay to be improved imo but the trading and delisting in career mode and results needed a lot of work

Difficulty levels are annoying though.

Play on normal and you win every game by 100.

Play on hard and get flogged.
Premiership Edition for PC on hard, and I would still win by 80 points. (using controller). Would have to create mini-tasks in the game like playing on every time I took a mark inside 50. It wasn't that much fun trying to make it a close game :p

It was impossible to miss a setshot inside the Dome back in 04. There was no wind which was the only thing that stopped balls going dead straight. You could kick a torp from the pocket and it'd still be a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

afl games are never very good. there's no international market so the are produced by smaller developers... it will still be nice to have a recent addition to the series but im not expecting anything close to other sporting games of today.

Could this possibly be the new cover?

11.jpg

Could this possibly be the new cover?

11.jpg

maybe. looks pretty good and has a good selection of players. The new racing game they are releasing, the main info just came out. it is due for release in just under 3 months. maybe we will start getting info in January. hopefully after the draft but unlikely.

It looks very nice although, the picture of Simon Black has AAPT on the guernsey, and Roo has Piping Hot on the guernsey, apart from the outdated guernseys, a great design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back