News New basketball uniforms/logos/courts etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

qVciUst.png

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/37104-nbl-secures-whopping-sponsorship-deal-hungry-jacks

love it.

Personally I don't like this deal I dont like any junk food sponsors because they promote unhealthy eating.

Personally I don't like this deal I dont like any junk food sponsors because they promote unhealthy eating.

hahahahahahahahahaha

The Nike NBA retails are out in stores and they suck so bad.

I can deal with the cheapish looking lettering for an entry level jersey, but the cuffs extending all the way around the back and therefore not looking anything like the cut of the in-game jerseys is a huge red flag.

Looks like you can get more authentically cut ones for double the price on the NBA store.

Seriously though.

We all get that there is a difference between retail and game-worn quality/materials/cuts etc, but you have to do better than Nike have here. Awful.

I can deal with the cheapish looking lettering for an entry level jersey, but the cuffs extending all the way around the back and therefore not looking anything like the cut of the in-game jerseys is a huge red flag.

Looks like you can get more authentically cut ones for double the price on the NBA store.

Seriously though.

We all get that there is a difference between retail and game-worn quality/materials/cuts etc, but you have to do better than Nike have here. Awful.

Amen.

Went into Kickz101 to pick up a DeRozan retail and couldn't bring myself to do it - absolutely horrific.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously though.

Are they stick-on numbers? You're talking retail rather than swingman right?

Are they stick-on numbers? You're talking retail rather than swingman right?
Yeah just entry level retail for about $100. I don't think Swingman are a thing anymore. The next level up on the NBA store are about $200 but are cut correctly.

Last year they had the black & gold and the Huskies uniforms. I think they'll stick with those again.

Well rumours are that the front will feature "NORTH" instead of "RAPTORS" and the base colour is black.

I'd be happy with Black/Gold, personally loved that combo.

But yeah with the new Nike setup all teams have released their home, away and "statement" jerseys - which leaves the "community" which is being released Dec/Jan and some teams are getting throwback designs as well.

Okay so there's three levels of jerseys

- "Replica", not sure if even made by Nike, it's got no manufacturer logo so seems the equivalent of an Auskick guernsey. $60ish

- "Swingman", which is what Scorcho came across, which is basically a glorified replica in nicer Nike material but not the same as the player cut and glaring differences such as cuffs going all the way around. $100ish

- "Authentic", which is a lot closer to the player issue. Same cut, not sure if it includes the sponsor though. $250ish

There's heaps of difference between retail and swingman, unless things have changed since the manufacturer switch. Swingmans actually have sewn-on elements, twill numbers etc. Often the material is a bit thicker too

There's heaps of difference between retail and swingman, unless things have changed since the manufacturer switch. Swingmans actually have sewn-on elements, twill numbers etc. Often the material is a bit thicker too

I have a Toronto Adidas swingman from last season and the elements are heatpressed.

The China ripoff Swingmans have sewn on elements tho.

My San Antonio swingman from a couple of years ago has heat-pressed elements too. I was slightly disappointed with that. They're also very stiff and don't move with the fabric, so they feel a bit weird sometimes.

Feel that - especially with how thin and light and fabric is. :(

Remember that in game uniforms are a high quality screen now, so that's actually accurate.

The quality of the screen on the mid level jerseys didn't really impress me. The quality of the adidas screen was better.

I'm waiting on the 4th Spurs jersey before I see if I'll buy one. Hoping for a modern version of this:

gettyimages-473165532.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back