OldMateMuff

Debutant
Jun 5, 2015
Chaing Mai, Thailand
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hertha BSC, SF Giants
What are people's thought on Peter Gordon's hope for a new boutique stadium in Melbourne?

The idea is great, but we have an incredible capacity in this country to botch things when they can be done to an impressive standard. The Dogs are not a wealthy club so I don't mean to sound flippant and there are present contract stipulations, but why not just throw the kitchen sink at it and redevelop the Whitten Oval completely as opposed to just giving it a facelift all the while keeping it for themselves?

Perth is "kinda" going for it, but still not the whole hog. While I know individual team stadiums met their ultimate demise in the 2000s if the Bulldogs are that desperate I think they should go for a state of the art facility and invest immensely in ensuring it's a community driven project equipped with GOOD food offerings, shops and facilities that aren't completely sh*te. I'm looking at you Docklands.

Go to the US, the UK and parts of Western Europe and you can see what I'm getting at. Obviously they wouldn't be capable of achieving something in the realm of the 49ers new Levi's Stadium, but f*ck, why not just bloomin' gun for it on a much smaller scale?

(Money Money blah blah blah whatever)

AAMI Park is a fantastic stadium.

Something a similar size to that would be great. Imagine how much better the atmosphere would be when the Western Bulldogs play North in front of a 25k capacity crowd in a tight stadium.

What's the problem with just closing off the upper level of Etihad Stadium if a crowd below 30K is expected?

For the love of God, this...

They did it in a Melbourne vs West Coast match and it created a great atmosphere that otherwise wouldn't have happened. Its super-common in US sports when playing out of otherwise cavernous venues for MLS and some less attractive college sports, and just makes so much sense.

They did it in a Melbourne vs West Coast match and it created a great atmosphere that otherwise wouldn't have happened. Its super-common in US sports when playing out of otherwise cavernous venues for MLS and some less attractive college sports, and just makes so much sense.

And who can forget the tarps for Port games at Footy Park.

But then we would end up having people actually having to use the good seats on level 2 and enjoying going to the footy more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back