Solved New evidence regards to Badali Debs double homicide of 2 police - *Jason Roberts found NOT GUILTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally, I have no problem with career crims being locked up for the wrong crime when their life outside prison is spent being a criminal.

Jesus and his mother.

Jesus and his mother.
Must be a slow news day.

"... when their life outside prison is spent being a criminal"

Well think about it brainiac. If the guy would be out there committing crimes, most of which he won't be caught for or won't be found guilty of even though he committed the crimes, and he's getting wrist slaps for the ones he's convicted of, society would be better off with him being locked up. If he was caught and convicted appropriately for all of his crimes he'd be locked away anyway.

You win some, you lose some. A better life for the majority is the bigger picture.

Bandali Debs knew full well that he was going to prison for the rest of his life if he was apprehended , as well as being good for at least two murders where he had left dna evidence, he had also already shot two police officers in company with his nephew Jason Ghiller leading Ghiller to pull out of the partnership and be replaced by Roberts.
If Debs was caught he was screwed and he knew it.
I think Roberts was definitely with Debs , but Debs did all the shooting and took everyone by surprise .
Roberts was most likely driving while Bandali was hidden in the front or back seat under a travel rug or similar.
Silk and Miller had no idea what was about to erupt, and thought it was just another ho-hum late nighintercept, Miller remained in the police vehicle possibly trying to grab a bit of shut eye whilst Silk went through the motions with the driver.
Neither of the officers were wearing bullet proof vests.
When Silk was cut down a shocked Miller went to the aid of his Mate, he was shot from inside the Hyundai and possibly didn't even see the second assailant who had done all the shooting...focusing his attention on Roberts who Silk had been talking with. It must have played out very very quickly.
Afterwards Debs would have told Roberts that even though he hadn't done any shooting himself, in the eyes of the law he was just as guilty through commonality of purpose and that his best course of action was to keep his mouth shut.
If Roberts really had of been with Debs daughter and had an air tight alibi I am sure he would have squealed like a stuck pig at the time, but because he was there on the night he was sucked into going along with the coverup, and believing they could get away with it.
Which except for some brilliant police work they very nearly did.
Roberts struck a deal with the devil literally, he was only a teenage kid and in way above his head.
The only way out for him now is to try and claim he wasn't even present on the night...20 years too late unfortunately.

This case has been in the news a few times in the past few weeks.

Herald sun today...Roberts offered deals by the cops to rat on Debs in exchange for lighter sentence.

Yes. Little doubt Roberts was with Debs on the night and probably was just as shocked as the two Police Officers when Debs started busting caps. He had done it before and gotten away with it with Ghiller who was so shocked and s**t scared he gave the game away.
Debs would have convinced Roberts to keep his mouth shut and they would get away with it. Again.
When you are 19 and police are offering you a " soft" 15- 20 year sentence in exchange for ratting out your accomplice it is unthinkable -spending the best years of your life in gaol and leaving as an "old " man of 40.
He would have only had to tell the truth-that he was as dumbfounded as Silk and Miller when the gunplay started.
Roberts gambled, he threw his lot in with Debs and remained staunch. and he got life.
He must lie awake in his cell every night kicking himself for that decision, if he had of accepted the offer he would likely be a free man now...

Yes. Little doubt Roberts was with Debs on the night and probably was just as shocked as the two Police Officers when Debs started busting caps. He had done it before and gotten away with it with Ghiller who was so shocked and s**t scared he gave the game away.
Debs would have convinced Roberts to keep his mouth shut and they would get away with it. Again.
When you are 19 and police are offering you a " soft" 15- 20 year sentence in exchange for ratting out your accomplice it is unthinkable -spending the best years of your life in gaol and leaving as an "old " man of 40.
He would have only had to tell the truth-that he was as dumbfounded as Silk and Miller when the gunplay started.
Roberts gambled, he threw his lot in with Debs and remained staunch. and he got life.
He must lie awake in his cell every night kicking himself for that decision, if he had of accepted the offer he would likely be a free man now...

Are you stating that it's an acceptable scenario for police to knowingly lock away a man in full knowledge that he is not guilty of the crime?

And here's me thinking it all had to go before the courts and a jury.

It shouldn't have even progressed to that point.

The disturbing issue is that this sort of perverted reasoning is common. People accept these gross abuses of power as a reasonable thing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was no evidence in the first place.
That's twice you've dodged the question and it's all I need to know. If he goes before the courts again and is found innocent I'll change my mind about him, although he was an armed robber so gets no sympathy from me.

BTW, I realise juries don't find people innocent.

That's twice you've dodged the question and it's all I need to know. If he goes before the courts again and is found innocent I'll change my mind about him, although he was an armed robber so gets no sympathy from me.

No I haven't, I have stated that he should never have even been brought before a "judge & jury" in the first place due to fabricated evidence.

The legal process is not as simple as the soap opera's would have you believe.

No I haven't, I have stated that he should never have even been brought before a "judge & jury" in the first place due to fabricated evidence.

The legal process is not as simple as the soap opera's would have you believe.
You posted that the police locked him away, which is incorrect. I've been on the jury in a long running historical trial. Self-proclaimed law students aren't the only people that know how it works.

You posted that the police locked him away, which is incorrect. I've been on the jury in a long running historical trial. Self-proclaimed law students aren't the only people that know how it works.

No it's not incorrect. The police effectively DID lock him away by bypassing due process and misleading the courts.

Which due process did they bypass?

The fact that they knowingly proceeded with the prosecution of a man with a charge of which he was not guilty.

How technically do you want it put?

The fact that they knowingly proceeded with the prosecution of a man with a charge of which he was not guilty.

How technically do you want it put?

Do you understand how murder charges are authorised? Or any level 1 indictable offences heard at the Supreme Court?

The brief goes to the Office of Public Prosecutions and reviewed by a crown prosecutor who is a lawyer not a cop.

If the OPP don’t think they’ll get a finding of guilt they wouldn’t approve it.

That is the due process.

Do you understand how murder charges are authorised? Or any level 1 indictable offences heard at the Supreme Court?

The brief goes to the Office of Public Prosecutions and reviewed by a crown prosecutor who is a lawyer not a cop.

If the OPP don’t think they’ll get a finding of guilt they wouldn’t approve it.

That is the due process.

Due process is a legal requirement in a criminal matter that must be afforded to a defendant.

Do you understand the parties that make up the prosecution? Namely the police?

Do you want me to start cutting and pasting slabs of text from law books?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back