Solved New evidence regards to Badali Debs double homicide of 2 police - *Jason Roberts found NOT GUILTY

Remove this Banner Ad

What the jury stated is irrelevant if a trial isn't fair.

This trial wasn't fair.
No you said due process wasnt followed. It was, from the police sending the charge to the DPP, the DPP deciding the charge was good enough to put in front of a jury and a Jury to consider Roberts guilty.

Due process was followed all the way

Sure the police might have some questions to answer but Roberts also had a Defence Lawyer.

No you said due process wasnt followed. It was, from the police sending the charge to the DPP, the DPP deciding the charge was good enough to put in front of a jury and a Jury to consider Roberts guilty.

Due process was followed all the way

Sure the police might have some questions to answer but Roberts also had a Defence Lawyer.

Correct, it wasn't followed, as it is a requirement of VicPol in their role in furnishing the brief.

No, an act of police corruption and a mistrial.

I get that this stuff is a bit over your head.
Lol play the idiot card. Ive seen your posting. It isnt any better than mine. But you continue to think you're the smartest person here. You're not even close.

Tell me how the Defence lawyer missed it?

Lol play the idiot card.

If the hat fits................

Ive seen your posting. It isnt any better than mine. But you continue to think you're the smartest person here. You're not even close.

Now you're just plain acting weird.

Tell me how the Defence lawyer missed it?

Missed what? The non disclosure of police evidence? You really don't have a clue how this works.

I normally avoid this absolute moronic s**t hole of a board like the plague, it's just that this bumped up in my alerts from a long time back when I was silly enough to waltz in here.

Go ahead and believe what you want, but remember I told you that Jason Roberts WILL be released.;):thumbsu:

Missed what? The non disclosure of police evidence? You really don't have a clue how this works.

Jason: mate I'm telling you its a stitch up I never said that.

DL : Really but the police say they have it on tape, they recorded you both talking

Jason: mate thats a lie , ok I was banging his daughter and we talked about that , get those tapes

DL : Ok when you go on the stand you can say all this

Jason : nah mate I'm staunch as *

Go ahead and believe what you want, but remember I told you that Jason Roberts WILL be released.;):thumbsu:
Correct. Most people get released. Except those that die and those that have NTBR on their files

This is all getting too confusing for me.

Let me get this straight...your facing Life in prison for a crime you didn’t commit, you have an alibi and you choose the right to remain silent the entire time to uphold your beliefs...? And end up spending the best years of your life in behind bars, years that you will never get back

Same thing happened to a guy i know when we were in year 10. Got in trouble for something his best mate actually did, but chose to cop the punishment because he didn’t want to rat on him. Ended up costing him 5 lunch time detentions.

This is all getting too confusing for me.

Let me get this straight...your facing Life in prison for a crime you didn’t commit, you have an alibi and you choose the right to remain silent the entire time to uphold your beliefs...? And end up spending the best years of your life in behind bars, years that you will never get back

Same thing happened to a guy i know when we were in year 10. Got in trouble for something his best mate actually did, but chose to cop the punishment because he didn’t want to rat on him. Ended up costing him 5 lunch time detentions.

Little bit more to it than that. Roberts admits himself that he was totally in the sway of Debs who he looked up to as a father figure, He was also regarded as a future part of the Debs family through his relationship with the daughter and from memory they were in the process of building a house together,
So they were as thick as thieves. (pardon the pun)
Debs had already shot his way out of an arrest seriously injuring two police whilst with his nephew Ghiller on a previous occasion years before and got away scot free and whist Roberts wouldn't have known this prior to the Silk /Miller executions he was probably made aware of it afterwards and assured all would be ok if they just stuck tight.
Just like last time.
Debs was very protective of his daughter and vert cunningly discouraged her and Roberts from promoting the "spent the night with me" alibi at the time of arrest ,(which was a virtual get out of jail free card ,)
This was in case the cops did produce incontrovertible evidence of the truth-ie that Roberts was in the killers car ...in which case the daughter would be slapped with conspiracy to pervert the course of justice and perjury which could have landed her a decent stretch in jail.
Prior to the trial the Debs weren't to sure what the cops actually had on them.
Only years later when it has been made clear the cops don't have clear, incontrovertible evidence of Roberts whereabouts on the night has the daughter felt it safe to finally pipe up with the "in bed with me all night " alibi which they are trying to run in conjunction with a bit of wordplay fudging by detectives on a mission whilst speaking to a dying colleague.
Roberts hasn't got a hope in hell IMO he has made a deal with Lucifer and is saddled with it for life.
If he had really spent the night in question porking Joanne Debs , he would have been of no value to Debs or the police at the time and would have had nothing to sweat about, However in his own words he "remained staunch".
Debs was keeping him close and in tight and making sure he kept his mouth shut for a reason....

Bandali Debs knew full well that he was going to prison for the rest of his life if he was apprehended , as well as being good for at least two murders where he had left dna evidence, he had also already shot two police officers in company with his nephew Jason Ghiller leading Ghiller to pull out of the partnership and be replaced by Roberts.
If Debs was caught he was screwed and he knew it.
I think Roberts was definitely with Debs , but Debs did all the shooting and took everyone by surprise .
Roberts was most likely driving while Bandali was hidden in the front or back seat under a travel rug or similar.
Silk and Miller had no idea what was about to erupt, and thought it was just another ho-hum late nighintercept, Miller remained in the police vehicle possibly trying to grab a bit of shut eye whilst Silk went through the motions with the driver.
Neither of the officers were wearing bullet proof vests.
When Silk was cut down a shocked Miller went to the aid of his Mate, he was shot from inside the Hyundai and possibly didn't even see the second assailant who had done all the shooting...focusing his attention on Roberts who Silk had been talking with. It must have played out very very quickly.
Afterwards Debs would have told Roberts that even though he hadn't done any shooting himself, in the eyes of the law he was just as guilty through commonality of purpose and that his best course of action was to keep his mouth shut.
If Roberts really had of been with Debs daughter and had an air tight alibi I am sure he would have squealed like a stuck pig at the time, but because he was there on the night he was sucked into going along with the coverup, and believing they could get away with it.
Which except for some brilliant police work they very nearly did.
Roberts struck a deal with the devil literally, he was only a teenage kid and in way above his head.
The only way out for him now is to try and claim he wasn't even present on the night...20 years too late unfortunately.

Very Good article by Silvester in todays Age regarding this. Cops are now surmising as above- that Roberts was the driver and Debs hiding in either the back or passenger seat started busting caps with no warning ,
Roberts must have a dartboard with Debs picture on it in his tiny cell- Debs has treated him like a fop and a fool If Roberts had of looked after himself first he could have gone to investigators, told them the truth that he was there , that he was shocked when Debs started shooting , he would have cut a deal and probably got a soft 5 to 7 year sentence. In his own words he "stayed staunch".
Now he is staring at at an American style full life sentence for something that happened when he was nineteen , He has this slim chance of getting out with this wacky "wasn't even there" story and alibi that he was feeding the daughter a sausage in bed when it happened. He desperately needs Debs to come to the party and confirm he acted alone.
However Debs is not saying anything to help him. Could not give a f__k.
Roberts must kick himself and curse Debs every night as the cell door slams shut.....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t know Lawyer X represented Debs

Very Droll...very droll indeed....,...seriously though Roberts real lawyer is having a red -hot go from what I'm reading...scathing of operation lorimer and trying to run a parallel with the Gobbo Job.......dont tell me he is going to get off this.....wonder if Debs will back up the daughter and l backflip....veeeeeeeeeery interesting.....

From the article above:

But Justice Robert Osborn, one of three judges hearing the appeal, said if they were to order a re-trial Roberts' defence would want to include all the evidence, rather than have it excluded.
"They don't want to chop out one word or one sentence. They want it all in to show what you're left with is a very unsatisfactory picture," he said.
Mr Matthews said had the defence known about the multiple statements and other evidence, the entire defence case might have been run differently.

Conviction quashed. Roberts is applying for bail this week and there’ll be a re-trial.

The court found Senior Constable Glen Pullin’s “undisclosed dishonest conduct” in fabricating his witness statement influenced Roberts’ murder trial in the prosecution’s favour.

In their written reasons. Justices Forrest, Osborn and Taylor said their conclusion was “fortified” by aspects of further police misconduct evident during the process of preparing the case for trial.

He will get found guilty again, was definitely there, stuffed up royally by staying staunch, can’t see him getting bail over 2 police murders.

How this plays out will be real interesting regardless. If he does get bail, there might be a chance a retrial will eventually be dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back